• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (ShotgunGold @ Aug 22 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I guarantee that if Wakefield or Castleford do get the chop then they'll never be back in Super League again.

Say what you like about Castleford, Wakefield or Salford not being Super League clubs, but they certainly are not Championship clubs.

The RFL should improve the structure, the finances and overall professionalism of the Championship before they demote teams.

If that takes a further 3 or 6 or 9 years then so be it.

What nonsense. Wakefield and Salford are no more Super League clubs than a few of the Championship clubs. Take one of the most ridiculed Super League teams ever, Leigh, who despite winning 2 games if I remember correctly, got a higher average than Salford will this year.

The Championship is a massive come down but there is nothing special about those clubs that they should be saved at the expense of Widnes, Fax, Leigh, Fev or Barrow for instance. Put it this way if Fax had been in Super League the last 3 years and Wakey hadn't, nobody would be saying that Fax have to be replaced by Wakefield.

I think Castleford would cope best with demotion as they are the strongest of the 3 who best retained their fans in the Championship last time. The other two could potentially implode and never get back to Super League again. However the same could have happened to the teams I've mentioned above and still might given another 3 years in the Championship. It is also not a reason to demote Castleford purely because they'd cope best.

I've said this before, but if Salford are not in their stadium for the 2012 stadium then they should go. If after all the stadium is so certain, then they will be a shoe in for 2015. If they do and the stadium situation is the same then I'm afraid Wakefield should probably go on balance.

#22 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,459 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 23 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes we have a squad full of ageing Aussies - you used to be quite funny but you anti Cas stuff now shows up as very silly individual

Lighten up bud wink.gif . You used to accept banter for what it was rather than typing drivel. Worried or summat?

A Fev Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users