• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

Suspended for 1 match, fined 300.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

We should organise a whip round and give the extra five grand to charity.

Edited by deluded pom?, 07 September 2010 - 05:23 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Only 5k !

#4 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (deluded pom? @ Sep 7 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should organise a whip round and give the extra five grand to charity.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Posted Image

#5 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

5k should be enough to buy Radford the gold medal he deserves for services to RL and get him a personal boxing trainer for the off season in anticipation of his next meeting with Bailey.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Sep 7 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5k should be enough to buy Radford the gold medal he deserves for services to RL and get him a personal boxing trainer for the off season in anticipation of his next meeting with Bailey.

If Hull, Wigan and Crusaders win at the weekend, it could be Radford vs Bailey II! A ratings dream!

Fielden vs Mason II should be good next year (Willie that is, not Keith. No-one cares about Keith!).
Posted Image

#7 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 7 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hull, Wigan and Crusaders win at the weekend, it could be Radford vs Bailey II! A ratings dream!

Fielden vs Mason II should be good next year (Willie that is, not Keith. No-one cares about Keith!).

What did Bailey get?

10.50 and 3 seconds in the bloodbin?
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#8 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (bewareshadows @ Sep 7 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did Bailey get?

10.50 and 3 seconds in the bloodbin?

On the RFL's website:

Player attempts to regain feet and play the ball, forearm makes unintentional contact with opponent, provokes opponent but no misconduct

No charge

---

Make's you wonder if they actually watched the game! If you read through Ryan Bailey's extremely long disciplinary record, all you see is "caution", "no charge" and "warning". Seems he never means to do anything, but seems to just accidentally do it a lot!
Posted Image

#9 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 7 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the RFL's website:

Make's you wonder if they actually watched the game! If you read through Ryan Bailey's extremely long disciplinary record, all you see is "caution", "no charge" and "warning". Seems he never means to do anything, but seems to just accidentally do it a lot!

To be fair you could read that bout most players on there

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#10 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

No mention of Bailey's attempted "snog" on Long then!

It really beggars belief! dry.gif
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#11 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

double post AGAIN!!!!

Edited by Roy Boy, 07 September 2010 - 06:49 PM.

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#12 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Roy Boy @ Sep 7 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No mention of Bailey's attempted "snog" on Long then!

It really beggars belief! dry.gif

oooh missed that....need I be jealous? wink.gif blink.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#13 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

As I have stated previously, I do not have a problem with Bailey'sapproach to the game, it's precisely what I personally ,expect from a forward playing the game wholeheartedly.

However, in Saturdays match he was out of order, albeit, getting away with it and Radford was the victim of some pretty untoward tactics from Bailey.

Yet again the Touch judge on that side of the field is culpable of not observing the game and what goes on during it's progress.
This item was highlighted on a thread last week and that official fully exposed the inadequecies of those running the touchline in the present day game.
They are not doing the job they are allocated and seemingly so often see only what they want to see.
Anyone watching the game properly would have noticed the incident, certainly from the distance the TJ was from it and duly seen (that, although as the ref said to Radford " you over reacted ") which was correct, the events that followed were instigated by Bailey.

If one went off then both should have done so, but in today's over sanitised Game the ref felt he had to punish the reacter, rather than the instigator of the incident.

#14 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

can't believe bailey got away with a flying tup just what does he have to do to get banned?

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#15 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (my missus @ Sep 7 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can't believe bailey got away with a flying tup just what does he have to do to get banned?

Change clubs?

#16 The real Mac

The real Mac
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

It's a red blooded game, but Bailey seems to bring a very dirty, very ill tempered attitude with him. Not sure if he meant to elbow Radford in the head (which he did) and I think Radford needed to go (for 10), but he tried to headbut Long in the melee afterwards. He is a very dirty player. Did anyone else notice his last tackle in the Challenge Cup final?

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

Finally, the RFL have got around to punishing Leeds - by making sure that Bailey is available.
People called Romans they go the house

#18 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 7 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suspended for 1 match, fined 300.

As you placed so much onus on ex players opinions being the yardstick between right and wrong i'm sure you'll now accept the ex players verdicts on the disciplinary panel that Radford was indeed a Pr*** and deserved sending off. As for the "contemptible" views of the minority that the ref was right to send Radford off it would appear they have been vindicated. It seems that the "9 out of 10" let players personalities and club loyalties cloud their judgement somewhat.

#19 Symo10

Symo10
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

I have emailed the RFL today about Bailey. Go on the RFL website and look at the amount of times he has been in front of them this season. Its just caution after caution.

Well done Radders, really feel for him missing the derby this weekend because of that idiot. mad.gif

#20 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you placed so much onus on ex players opinions being the yardstick between right and wrong i'm sure you'll now accept the ex players verdicts on the disciplinary panel that Radford was indeed a Pr*** and deserved sending off. As for the "contemptible" views of the minority that the ref was right to send Radford off it would appear they have been vindicated. It seems that the "9 out of 10" let players personalities and club loyalties cloud their judgement somewhat.

The Referee put the whole incident on report.

The whole incident is available to everybody to watch again.

It seems only the RFL Disciplinary and the minority on here have seen fit to ignore Ryan Bailey's flying headbutt attempt on Sean Long.

So excuse me if I have only contempt for the ex players' opinions who sit on the panel.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users