• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

http://www.london-ga...tions-companies

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 9 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Wakefield do lose their franchise, will they be entitled to a parachute payment as were the clubs that have been relegated from Super League in the past? If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#3 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Sep 9 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could see them being in real financial hot water.

As opposed to the real financial hot water they are in?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

they look f*cked dont they. sad to see.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.

i think that the winding up order means that they already are...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Statement by the Wildcats - nothing to worry about, everything is fine

http://wakefieldwild...regarding-hmrc/
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,170 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

The current action is simply a method of deciding the Wildcats’ tax liabilities as there is a difference of opinion on the amount owed to HMRC by the club.

Do HMRC issue winding up orders just to decide how much tax is outstanding?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (gingerjon @ Sep 9 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just found this :-

Wakefield Trinity have insisted that a winding-up order on the club that has been served by HM Revenue and Customs and is due to be heard at the high court on 22 September does not threaten their Super League future. Trinity said "the current action is simply a method of deciding [our] tax liabilities as there is a difference of opinion on the amount owed to HMRC by the club"

#9 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 9 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

would be a sad day for Rugby League and the town of Wakefirld if they fold.

#10 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

If Wakefield do lose their franchise, will they be entitled to a parachute payment as were the clubs that have been relegated from Super League in the past? If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.

I think parachute payments for clubs relegated from Super League ended some years ago. Huddersfield may have been the last club to receive one.

Edited by chrisl1, 09 September 2010 - 07:08 PM.

#11 Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

In a word. No.
So he says - "You're not a real fishmonger, you've just done a plop in the wrong lavatory..."

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

They'll be busy if thats how they approach the latest tax cock up with the population at large!

#13 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,157 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Brinkmanship. Normally, I think, its a device to get get their money : Pay up or go out of business.

#14 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

HMRC seem to be handing out winding-up orders to rugby/soccer clubs with increasing frequency these days. As JohnM says, brinkmanship.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#15 Student Ram

Student Ram
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

In the same way Rugby/football clubs seem to continually fail to pay their tax bills these days. So many clubs seem to spend their whole existence teetering on the edge of going under mainly due to sums owed to HMRC. For crying out loud run with some stability for once.

It was good to see Warrington declare a profit earlier this year, wish more clubs could do this. If they manage a profit also not just to spend it straight away, but to use it to establish a more secure financial future should the bad times come around again.
"Fev - It's life on the edge" LA'M Nov 06
"Ermm, I think it needs an x-ray!"

#16 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Not good to have this happen year after year and with the club now for sale and the current chairman out of cash and his company in a VCA. It's not looking great for next years franchise. Finance is what kept widnes out last time round.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#17 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 9 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Statement by the Wildcats - nothing to worry about, everything is fine

http://wakefieldwild...regarding-hmrc/

Ignore the huge whole in the side of the ship kind of thing you mean?

Cummins Out.

#18 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

This is a blessing because the Wakefield patient is terminally ill, and it is going to make it easier for the RFL to just drop Wakefield from SL.

The stadium acceptable and finances sound cappucino sippers of Widnes are ready to replace Wakefield.

After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 10 September 2010 - 05:08 AM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#19 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Sep 10 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club.

Personally i can't see them dropping more than one Club.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#20 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Sep 10 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club to follow Les Catalans (bottom of league, falling crowds) like Toulouse (no finances in place, less than average NL playing ability)

Just finished your post off to get it even handed wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users