Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#21 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#22 Scolly

Scolly
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Anyone seen the one delivering the new Stobart advertisment boards, post pads and corner flags ?? Seems it's got lost and didn't deliver in time for round one :biggrin:

#23 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

I saw two on Friday, M62 West Bound nr Birchwood (Warrington). I was going opposite way so didnt get pic or even which club it was. That was mid-morning. Then saw another around 4.30 on M60 at the Prestwich junction - that was promoting Hull FC.`
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.

This will be a hot spot area just like Middleton nr Manchester

But these vehicles go all over the country delivering, some through the night down to London regions and back up north early morning
The main issue at present is Stobart can only do the livery on 5 a week, so we're a few months off before all 100 trailers are on the road

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 12 February 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#25 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

iv seen none yet

Edited by houndpup, 06 February 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

I was hoping this would count as the Bradford lorry...
Posted Image
But then I finally saw one on my way home last night, a Widnes lorry. It was heading westbound as I was heading east on the M62 just on the Pennine border.

So I was satisfied with my one cherry popping spot.

Until this morning, when going to work, probably around junction 18-19 I saw a St Helens lorry on the M62 heading the opposite way to me.

Yay, you wait ages for one and two come along within 24 hours.

But there's more, barely had I time to make the mental tick when a Bradford lorry followed barely 2 or 3 minutes later.

Even in morning motorway light they are easy to spot.

:smile:

That'll do pig, that'll do.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

I was hoping this would count as the Bradford lorry...
Posted Image
But then I finally saw one on my way home last night, a Widnes lorry. It was heading westbound as I was heading east on the M62 just on the Pennine border.

So I was satisfied with my one cherry popping spot.

Until this morning, when going to work, probably around junction 18-19 I saw a St Helens lorry on the M62 heading the opposite way to me.

Yay, you wait ages for one and two come along within 24 hours.

But there's more, barely had I time to make the mental tick when a Bradford lorry followed barely 2 or 3 minutes later.

Even in morning motorway light they are easy to spot.

:smile:

That'll do pig, that'll do.

What's renewable in Bradford Andrew??
Stobart Biomass don't collect grass cuttings Posted Image

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

What's renewable in Bradford Andrew??
Stobart Biomass don't collect grass cuttings Posted Image

The inference being we're sh...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Am sat on a National Express coach from London to Leeds - currently at Leicestershire and have passed 3 Stobart trucks, none of which bear the slightest mention of rugby league.
Well done everybody.

#30 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Friday coming home we went past the Bulls wagon (again? I dunno how many are out there).

For those who care I can confirm Elima is on the back.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#31 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Am sat on a National Express coach from London to Leeds - currently at Leicestershire and have passed 3 Stobart trucks, none of which bear the slightest mention of rugby league.
Well done everybody.

Surely the RFL should of insited that all the trucks should either display full super league images or at the very least partial images of super league I.e on the back doors or the cabs.

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,604 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

heads must roll at Red Hall!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

#33 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well done everybody.

Well then, if you haven`t seen any in a 3 hour journey away from the RFL heartlands then its obviously massively failed. Might as well paint over them all with adverts for Hula Hoops.

#34 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Now standing at 5 Stobart wagons with no mention of RL and just one with any SL gubbins on it.
Am at Sheffield so hopefully more in the heartlands.

#35 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Final score, 7 unbranded 1 branded.

#36 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Stobart have 3500 plus trailers out on the road..... Remember not all have been done yet with the sponsorship deal
So 1 in 350 is your chance of seeing one Posted Image

Also, it's only on the chilled trailers....some people want everything.

#37 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,604 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

I've just seen a picture of a Stobart lorry from last year and the RFL have totally screwed up by not Photoshopping every picture of every lorry ever made! Heads must roll!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#38 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Just seen a Leeds and Wigan one on the M62 on the way over to Castleford.

The Leeds lorry was leading until it didn't quite grasp the sliding lanes maneuver, thus allowing the Wigan lorry to exert full speed and pass by on the outside :biggrin:

#39 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Just seen a Leeds and Wigan one on the M62 on the way over to Castleford.

The Leeds lorry was leading until it didn't quite grasp the sliding lanes maneuver, thus allowing the Wigan lorry to exert full speed and pass by on the outside :biggrin:

Don't worry Mick . VOSA have got the Bulls one!! The RFL are in due diligence checks to ensure nothing untoward Posted Image Well they own the ground they don't want to look any dafter !

[bull fans] tongue and cheek with Mick [bull fans]

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 12 February 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Surely the RFL should of insited that all the trucks should either display full super league images or at the very least partial images of super league I.e on the back doors or the cabs.

Yes. They should also have 'insisted' that Stobart paid them £4m.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users