7 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm(TV)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoulder charge?! #### me I give up.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Shoulder charge?! #### me I give up.

That was a ridiculous decision.

Buchanan brings absolutely nothing to this Leeds team, literally any rl player could take his place.

Needed two points tonight, it didn't have to be pretty. I thought we were going to be overpowered in the last twenty, but showed a bit of grit and a bit of focus.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It's always a thing of beauty to see Wire beat Leeds.

I thought it was a thrilling game with loads of skill and controversy, with a little skullduggery thrown in. I suspect that the Hill - Ablett rematch at Headingley will be interesting.

The Atkins so-called knock on was a perfectly good try.

I'm biased to the point of paranoia but I thought the commentary tonight was shocking.  

Still, absolutely chuffed to bits. 

Now The Wire!

2 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

It's always a thing of beauty to see Wire beat Leeds.

I thought it was a thrilling game with loads of skill and controversy, with a little skullduggery thrown in. I suspect that the Hill - Ablett rematch at Headingley will be interesting.

The Atkins so-called knock on was a perfectly good try.

I'm biased to the point of paranoia but I thought the commentary tonight was shocking.  

Still, absolutely chuffed to bits. 

Now The Wire!

Glad it wasn't just me. The Sky team made the Headingley South Stand look even-handed tonight.

Disgraceful thuggery from Westwood and he should have been shown the red card. He made no attempt to even try and tackle Sutcliffe. It left Leeds with just 16 players all game and changed the game for me. I doubt Warrington would have won with 12 men on the field and it obviously changed Leeds game plan and tactics. I feel that the Video Ref should be allowed to go back and assist the Ref in such incidents. 

Warrington deserved the win and seemed more up for it. I thought the scoreline flattered Leeds to an extent as they seemed way off the pace is all areas and for all the possession Warrington had I felt they should have put more points on the board. They also got very lucky with the Atkins try as well as Westwood just getting the yellow. They gave everything and the kicking game was way better than the one Leeds tried to have. Warrington should keep Patton in for the next game even if Brown is fit as I thought he was the best hurt Leeds the most with his excellent kicking game. Well done wire, but it was 2 poor teams on show tonight. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

That was a ridiculous decision.

Buchanan brings absolutely nothing to this Leeds team, literally any rl player could take his place.

He brings energy, enthusiasm, commitment and determination. He brings 45 + tackles to every game. Oh, and he's won 7 GF finals. That OK for you ?

5 minutes ago, Vernon said:

He brings energy, enthusiasm, commitment and determination. He brings 45 + tackles to every game. Oh, and he's won 7 GF finals. That OK for you ?

Couldn't agree more. He is consistently one of the liveliest players we have and offers more in terms of team morale and leadership by action than most of our squad. He and Ablett actually compliment eachother very well. Yes there are better forwards, but as was constantly said there were better stand offs than Sir Kev. Actual playing ability is not the be all and end all therefore, as there's more to being a RL player than that.

Archived