Mon 17 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

Didn't see the Thursday game - were Widnes that bad? All things being equal I'd visualise this game as being the sort of one where cocky Leeds come a cropper but if Widnes are so poor then maybe not.

Will be interesting to see who McDermott picks at full back and centre for this one - barring a miraculous recovery Golding has very little chance and Sutcliffe is concussed again. Keinhorst is injured, as is Handley, Moon is required in the halves and even Ablett's injured. So we are left with Watkins plus...?

One of the following the following to happen:

Denis Betts produces a tactical coaching masterclass were the Leeds attack struggles to penetrate a water tight Widnes defence. The dominant Widnes pack lays the platform for a succession of rapier like attacks that reduces Leeds to a disorganised rabble and Widnes proceed to a comfortable victory.

Or

We get dicked,

My moneys on option 2.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

First half from Widnes was woeful - that Briscoe try was embarrassing

Was obvious Widnes would come out with a bit more about them, Leeds I imagine also thinking about their Choc Easter eggs and Donny game on Friday

Even with Widnes on top during parts in 2nd half it felt comfortable for Leeds – not sure Widnes would beat KR based on yesterday’s showing

My ears are still ringing from wee lass screaming out the players’ names

yep, the junior PR announcer.   Seems a really good initiative and for those not knowing - its the "junior take over day" were every role at the club is taken over (except players) by a youngster. including the CEO.  All seemed to enjoy it, CEO, community officers, PR announcer, media, marketing, even a junior ref.... and many more roles.

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep, the junior PR announcer.   Seems a really good initiative and for those not knowing - its the "junior take over day" were every role at the club is taken over (except players) by a youngster. including the CEO.  All seemed to enjoy it, CEO, community officers, PR announcer, media, marketing, even a junior ref.... and many more roles.

Someone clearly had a word with the wee lass and she toned down the screaming after the 2nd/3rd try

Less said about the state of that "band" on pre-game the better

"Good luck to the home team" - oh do fcuk off pal

1 minute ago, Moc said:

Someone clearly had a word with the wee lass and she toned down the screaming after the 2nd/3rd try

Less said about the state of that "band" on pre-game the better

"Good luck to the home team" - oh do fcuk off pal

she certainly had a high pitch voice but I liked the way she did the... nil... score and Moon tries.

Chuckle

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

For a while in that second half I thought we had lost this; couldn't get our hands on the ball. 

Credit to Widnes really for coming back into it.

Yeah, I thought we might snatch a draw at one point. When Gilmore missed the kick for Thompson's try though I thought we'd lost our chance.

Not a bad effort considering we only had 1 fit sub for the 2nd half. Yet more injurys for a few weeks now...... I honestly can't recall a season  so bad as this one for injury!!

1 hour ago, Moc said:

First half from Widnes was woeful - that Briscoe try was embarrassing

Was obvious Widnes would come out with a bit more about them, Leeds I imagine also thinking about their Choc Easter eggs and Donny game on Friday

Even with Widnes on top during parts in 2nd half it felt comfortable for Leeds – not sure Widnes would beat KR based on yesterday’s showing

My ears are still ringing from wee lass screaming out the players’ names

Doncaster? On a Friday? Good luck with that. 

Archived