2018 Squad.

marklaspalmas

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its a top signing for you guys as is Ridyard, you have signed really well along with the lad from Swinton. Campbell has been fleeced again though if he does manage to get the deal over the line and he hasn't actually been gazumped at the last minute(maybe it is a legitimate bid from another team but are agents 100% trustworthy?)

So, in reality, you don't actually have a clue if the late bid is real or not. And if MC does get the deal over the line you still won't know whether it was a real bid or not. Nice cheese Gromit......

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So, in reality, you don't actually have a clue if the late bid is real or not. And if MC does get the deal over the line you still won't know whether it was a real bid or not. Nice cheese Gromit......

Ive not got the foggiest whether there is actually a late bid( I can hazard a guess at which 2 teams are supposed to have made a bid though if you like, as its normally the same two teams). Is there any reason not to trust agents? ;)

I wonder if any representatives of our club went over to watch the Rl world cup to possibly do sone business and tie up a player or two from the minor national teams that are in our price bracket.Was impressed with the PNG Prop called Page as I watched the first half this morning.

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

I wonder if any representatives of our club went over to watch the Rl world cup to possibly do sone business and tie up a player or two from the minor national teams that are in our price bracket.Was impressed with the PNG Prop called Page as I watched the first half this morning.

With our luck with visa's i'd keep well away and stick to home grown 

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

There was some talk of Leigh players, who are to leave, staying at Leigh until the end of November when their contracts run out. Perhaps yer man has already signed for us and it will be confirmed on Dec 1st?

I thought contract's were null and void when they got relagrated and free agents 

On 11/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, plug said:

I thought contract's were null and void when they got relagrated and free agents 

That is all forum talk. Most teams at the top of the Championship are full time anyway so any clauses in there wont be to make the contracts null and void but could involve percentage drops or re-negotiation clauses and options. Its not like in the past where they would be coming down in to a totally part time league that has no money in it so they literally could not afford their players. Chances are McNally got offered a re-negotiated contract and didn't like what was offered and Leigh then chose to get rid but its in McNally's interest to work until the end of his contract and Leigh are just been petty by making him do this along with others away from the main squad.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

That is all forum talk. Most teams at the top of the Championship are full time anyway so any clauses in there wont be to make the contracts null and void but could involve percentage drops or re-negotiation clauses and options. Its not like in the past where they would be coming down in to a totally part time league that has no money in it so they literally could not afford their players. Chances are McNally got offered a re-negotiated contract and didn't like what was offered and Leigh then chose to get rid but its in McNally's interest to work until the end of his contract and Leigh are just been petty by making him do this along with others away from the main squad.

Indeed

1 hour ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I don’t see him having much effect on the team apart from cover whilst the centres are out!  I don’t think he’s in the same league as Ridyard, I hope we’ve not broken the bank to get him! I’d try Briscoe at fullback he’s seems a bit more spirited...

Not having that, Leigh fans don’t want to lose him. And to say you’d rather have Briscoe at fullback, are you taking the ######?

3 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Not having that, Leigh fans don’t want to lose him. And to say you’d rather have Briscoe at fullback, are you taking the ######?

There’s a few players I would have like to have kept but that doesn’t mean they’re world beaters....and I said I’d like to try Briscoe at fullback not I’d rather see him there!  For me, McNally’s nothing special, I don’t see him making a huge difference to our team....

10 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

There’s a few players I would have like to have kept but that doesn’t mean they’re world beaters....and I said I’d like to try Briscoe at fullback not I’d rather see him there!  For me, McNally’s nothing special, I don’t see him making a huge difference to our team....

Suppose McNally  was nothing special when he destroyed us as a 17 year old when playing for Haven.Playing at full back he could do what a quicker Hardman did for us under Powell,time his run into the line to make an extra centre and make the extra man.He is still a top championship player by any standards.

Many players have destroyed teams in their teens and many players have gone on to play for top sides and represent their country....I couldn’t say that McNally could win us a game single handedly like some players could, I don’t think he’s better than Hardman under the high ball and all fullbacks should be able to link up as an extra man, but what I’ve seen of him he seems to complain a lot especially when tackled.  I’d like to think that if we did sign him, he would be here for the shirt and not just for the money!  Offer him the going rate see what happens, but don’t break the bank....that said, if he does come to Fev he’ll get my full support!

I cant see hardo playing regular at full back I see him if the bench I reckon ash Goulding will need regular football so I reckon we will provide that Holmes n ridyard at halves with thacks  on the bench coming on to cover the hooking position maybe , that will give us loads of options and the pace those four provide will tie in with how Duffy likes to play 

Comparing Hardman and Mcnally or considering playing someone esle there did make me chuckle. If you can bring a player in better than someone you have in that position then you improve the overall strength of the team. McNally would be the best FB you have at the club by some distance. I honestly feel it will be your pack that will be the weak link so to speak next season, you seem to have some size but lack a bit of mobility.

Edit: To read as I think your pack is weaker than your backs rather than your pack is ###### you will finish 9th :)

57 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Comparing Hardman and Mcnally or considering playing someone esle there did make me chuckle. If you can bring a player in better than someone you have in that position then you improve the overall strength of the team. McNally would be the best FB you have at the club by some distance. I honestly feel it will be your pack that will be the weak link so to speak next season, you seem to have some size but lack a bit of mobility.

Edit: To read as I think your pack is weaker than your backs rather than your pack is ###### you will finish 9th :)

Don’t worry about our pack as we have players like Oledski,Mullaly and others to pick from the Champions of England 2017 .Suggest you look at your own weaknesses in your Team that we exploited in our last game in the eights with our weaker Team than our Team this coming season .

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I can kind of agree with that.

Archived