private equity company land plans

lingard

43 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Colin, As you won't be there can I please ask you what you think the various tax implications would be for various options, ie would there be any capital gains tax to pay, and at what rate, if the land was sold or if any property built on it was sold? Also, if the club received around £300K p.a. after completion, would this be taxable separately or would it just go against the club's general income and expenditure which would also include the playing budget?

There would be CGT I'd suggest, though it may be the forecast figures already include this. It's not my area of expertise however to know the detailed impact. 

Any long term income generated would also be taxable, although it would only be the same as at present, in that it is the net of income and expenditure, adjusted for any allowances, etc that would be taxed. Basically spend any extra, and no impact, other than the Vat. 

It may be worth asking for clarity tonight as to whether the figures include the potential impact of CGT or not. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

Have been laid up so only just got your question. I have been retired for 24 years but when I was active limited companies didn't pay Capital Gains tax. Their gains were subject to corporation tax and these were added to their profits to give an overall figure for tax purposes. Further (if it has not changed) limited companied have the advantage of being able to discount any gain taking inflation into account against their profit figure on the asset. I think it was called an Index Allowance or something on those lines. A lot depends on the terms of reference that were agreed with the Private Equity company. Hope this helps a bit. See you Colin. I have sent my c vote.

I think James is correct about his valuation of the land if full planning was given,somewhere between £750g to £850g per acre with 14 houses per acre being a comfortable estimate for planning purposes which would put a  plot value for building houses at £14.5 million.18 times 14 =252 houses.Just say 90 at an affordable £150g,90 at £200g and 70 bigger houses at £250.which would give a total plot valuation on houses completion of £16.3 million.i e 90at 150g=13.5million 90 at200g= 18million and 70 at250g=17.5 million total value of built houses=49million.Builders guide of 3=a third for plot a third building costs and a third profit less taxes=16.33,16.33,16.33 million each third.Fev in theory would have 51% of 16.33M our stakeholder would have 49%of 16.33M so if full planning can be achieved it is a win win for both parties.However we are FEV and it is very rare that our plans come to fruition.Although to praise the stand volunteers theirs did and don't we owe them for the improvement it has made to the ground.I am going for a nap my head is full of figures.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Read on Facebook that Longo had gone.  If so, WHY? I hope it is not true.

Would you want your name or reputation to be tarnished with the club being 1.2million in debt.Although he might have been in the dark, i think we all were until the figure came out.you thought Longo was O.K. James and i would back your judgement.

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Would you want your name or reputation to be tarnished with the club being 1.2million in debt.Although he might have been in the dark, i think we all were until the figure came out.you thought Longo was O.K. James and i would back your judgement.

Longo isn't going anywere bad joke on Facebook, the club went through the debt and he no's the debt 500k is bad debt the rest is just debt I CANNOT WAIT FOR JANUARY!!!!!!!! UTR. Boas bros will rip into everyone.

31 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Again my apologies. It said 'Davide Longo has left'. I took it as a news item. Left with egg on my face. But how the heck is that a joke?

No it didn’t, it said and I quote “Davide Longo out” 

Im Fev and im proud

9 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Same difference. 'OUT'  means gone. I suppose in hindsight it means he is not in a building? YUK!!!

Colin it means that “they want him out” but they were taking the mickey 

Im Fev and im proud

Facebook were people who need the comfort and security of other people congratulating and smothering them in plaudits laughing at there inane stupid jokes insults threats and utterly useless drivel ... why would anyone seriously want to be part of that ...

or am I missing something?

Don’t do disgrace book.You only have to tune in to Jeremy Kyle to see the remnants of this sad site who must have rocks in their head.Me I am into this forum where intelligent people air their views and you can really learn something from these intellectual people that post on  here.??

6 minutes ago, painkiller said:

Facebook were people who need the comfort and security of other people congratulating and smothering them in plaudits laughing at there inane stupid jokes insults threats and utterly useless drivel ... why would anyone seriously want to be part of that ...

Each to their own painkiller. I use Facebook.... but not the fev rovers page. 

It has its uses. I can be a pain in the ar se

41 minutes ago, painkiller said:

It must make them feel Like A Rhinestone Cowboy "Getting cards and letters from people I don't even know".

If anyone has sent me a friend request on facebook please do not be offended, I have indeed received many friend requests from people I do not know. Also from friends and relatives who I have also ignored. I only use it for work related matters and projects I am involved with, so only accept the friend requests that would help me with those. 

14 hours ago, painkiller said:

facebook is fantastic for keeping in touch with family members you might never otherwise even know, also its brilliant for promoting sports clubs etc, Anyone who takes it too serious or believes everything folk put well thats there problem

6 minutes ago, gingdong said:

facebook is fantastic for keeping in touch with family members you might never otherwise even know, also its brilliant for promoting sports clubs etc, Anyone who takes it too serious or believes everything folk put well thats there problem

First rule of Facebook..... take nothing as gospel....

Second rule of Facebook..... if any of you darlins posts anything.... assume it's utter sheeite until proven otherwise.....

????

Archived