Boxing Day

Batley Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2018 at 5:26 PM, Batley Bob said:

Nearly here 

IMG_20181208_172324.jpg

Isn't Trouty photogenic ? Not really sure I'm looking forward to the match TBH. In the words of Sir Colin Leslie Patterson "could be good, could be s***house". :resent:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

8 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Isn't Trouty photogenic ? Not really sure I'm looking forward to the match TBH. In the words of Sir Colin Leslie Patterson "could be good, could be s***house". :resent:

Sir Les P - is that the former Australian Cultural Ambassador to the Court of St James, or another of BSJ's pals?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Looking at it logically Batley will start as huge favourites still got the thick end of a squad which finished like an express train end of season, 1-9, 11, 13 (coumting Browny there, as it's where he fits naturally) and 2 of 4 subs still in the squad, add in the Downs signing, the size of Dickinson, the wild card Taira. Dewsbury are starting with probably well over 50% of their squad still learning. They'll come out strong, hold their own first half, but a more cohesive Dogs will run away with it 2nd half. Just the weather to count on....

I foresee a big win for Dewsbury and the first chance for their huge travelling support to view the exciting line-up of new players they have. Also a great opportunity to sample our hospitality at the Mount and rub our noses in their crushing victory..

Or we'll smash em and only 6 Dewsbury fans will turn up four of whom will leave at half-time having not even bought a pie!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I foresee a big win for Dewsbury and the first chance for their huge travelling support to view the exciting line-up of new players they have. Also a great opportunity to sample our hospitality at the Mount and rub our noses in their crushing victory..

Or we'll smash em and only 6 Dewsbury fans will turn up four of whom will leave at half-time having not even bought a pie!

It would be a significant incentive if the entry prices were published, or are they too embarassing.

Those three or four of us who do attend will, of course, do so with hope but little expectation as it is a new side. On the other hand I  prefer that to expecting the moon on a stick, as some other clubs fans seem to do.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It would be a significant incentive if the entry prices were published, or are they too embarassing.

I agree embarrassing indeed, although prices declared for all Yorkshire Cup entries is £15, this might apply to the Boxing Day event.

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Boxing Day for years has always been full price 

I'm hoping it will be 2018 prices....not next years ( 2019 ) prices ?...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I'm not convinced that price is much of a deciding factor for people choosing to go or not tbh.

If we made the entrance fee £5 or £10 for example, how many more fans do you think would turn out?

Do you think we would make the same amount of money from the game if we did? 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Those three or four of us who do attend will, of course, do so with hope but little expectation as it is a new side. On the other hand I  prefer that to expecting the moon on a stick, as some other clubs fans seem to do.

TBH, when was the last time we approached a season, let alone a match with anything more than hope ? Still, the bookies think we might be as good as batley - maybe they know something we don't. One thing is for sure, it's still better to have a team to support, regardless of the outcome of the season, than not to have a team at all.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Nobody’s disputing that,but £20 is a bit much.

Any chance you can get me some cheap tickets ?

Ask your source the main factor..

why not? I understand both chairman have sat down and discussed it but i’m Sure both set of fans can buy before and save the £2 of prices hopefully when the club announce it will help both set of fans... 

you’ll still get you’re 2.5-3k there always have and always will so it’s never gonna change l

so what happens when you buy tickets online.....do you print off your tickets that have a bar code on to scan at the turnstile?....

it does not say on the website but id guess its not collect or receive through the post....they wont get through at crimbo…

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Hello RPH,

Just ordered my boxing day ticket on line, paid for it and told it to print me my eticket, got it I believe you can down load it to an app to your smart phone, mines still an old fashioned brick.

23 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Ask your source the main factor..

why not? I understand both chairman have sat down and discussed it but i’m Sure both set of fans can buy before and save the £2 of prices hopefully when the club announce it will help both set of fans... 

you’ll still get you’re 2.5-3k there always have and always will so it’s never gonna change l

When was the last time that 3k turned up?

When was the last time that the attendance at the Mount was published, in fact?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

When was the last time that the attendance at the Mount was published, in fact?

Tranquiliser counted them in one year...he got to 20 and gave up….his feet got cold....

Archived