Is this where we are?

marklaspalmas

I read this....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/35221854

which would normally be of next to no interest for me, and  thought: 'this could well have an effect on our season'. Leeds squad is now bigger, so less chance for the fringe first teamers, more chance of those lads needing game time elsewhere, so.......

Pity Ferres is not a prop.

This is where we are in 2016.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. Do we know what is actually agreed. No we don't. Just cos they signed him don't mean fev have to accommodate the Leeds guys.

DR's been around fr a few years now. We know how it works. Leeds have spare players every week and they can loan them to Fev. Signing another player who will obviously be in the Leeds 17 every week increases the chances of Fev receiving quality surplus each week.

How do you think DR works?

yes and from what I saw last year those Leeds players seemed to treat playing for Hunslet as the equivelant to being put on the naughty step!! 

Here's a full list of Leeds players at Hunslet in 2015. The club played 32 matches:

Delaney 1 game

Kleinhorst 9 games

Lilley 4 games

Walters 7 games

R.Ward 5 games.

Your point?

Here's a full list of Leeds players at Hunslet in 2015. The club played 32 matches:

Delaney 1 game

Kleinhorst 9 games

Lilley 4 games

Walters 7 games

R.Ward 5 games.

Your point?

Nice one Mark.

Delaney 1 game

Kleinhorst 9 games

Lilley 4 games

Walters 7 games

R.Ward 5 games.

Your point?

That they didn't really want to be there!!!!!  ..... 

if you don't want to be somewhere you make an excuse not to go .... if you can't think of an excuse .... you go under duress, and don't give of your best!!!   ...... its a distinct possibility .... and is my point!!   .. (at least in my  opinion )

I see where you are coming from but if you look at it logically if you don't give your best then you are very unlikely to get a game in Leeds first team. If you play badly or make lame excuses then Hunslet won't want you. Seems a poor strategy by a Leeds player who wants to get on. From a motivation point of view you have only to look at how Baldwinson has progressed by playing well for Fev.

If we know who is available from Leeds a week before our game,the coach should fit the players into at least two training sessions with Rovers players prior to our game.If they don't show the right attitude or team ethic,leave them out or put them on the bench.I think both clubs should benefit from the arrangement  at present,but would like to think Rovers will be able to stand on their own feet in a couple of years.

Its not so much that the players do not want to do their best, for reasons stated above, its that for the most part they will simply have little idea how they fit in to the system that their Dual Reg team are running and to be honest if you take a regular first teamer who knows he will be back in the first team if he is recovering from injury, then he will have little interest in learning it. If you do not fit in the system then it can appear as though you are not getting involved.

Jon Sharp is big into attitude, if any Rhinos fringe player doesn't have the right attitude in coming to Fev he won't have him, he showed that last year with certain Fev players.

Those that have the right attitude will realise that they will be playing at a level marginally below Super League bottom 4 standard and will take it as an opportunity to play well and earn themselves a recall, keep themselves ready to step in to cover injuries which might even get them a Wembley or GF appearance, or at least put themselves in the shop window. Hunslet were not in a position strength wise to offer them that. They were also in a position of beggars can't be choosers, which Jon Sharp will not stand for.  

Its not so much that the players do not want to do their best, for reasons stated above, its that for the most part they will simply have little idea how they fit in to the system that their Dual Reg team are running and to be honest if you take a regular first teamer who knows he will be back in the first team if he is recovering from injury, then he will have little interest in learning it. If you do not fit in the system then it can appear as though you are not getting involved.

If Zac, Bristow or Burrow get themselves in that position I don't think they would come to Fev and not try, I don't think they would even dare. Not likely to happen though because McDermott would probably only want them to play 40 minutes if returning from injury, which Sharp wouldn't allow.

If Zac, Bristow or Burrow get themselves in that position I don't think they would come to Fev and not try, I don't think they would even dare. Not likely to happen though because McDermott would probably only want them to play 40 minutes if returning from injury, which Sharp wouldn't allow.

Hunslet were not in a position strength wise to offer them that. They were also in a position of beggars can't be choosers, which Jon Sharp will not stand for.  

I'd like to think you are right on Sharp and Leeds will be providing high quality back up and cover rather than quality in key positions that we'll be relying on come the business end of the season.

Put simply you don't want you're most important players to be DR ones

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Im not sure if you missed my point Steve, I do not think the problem is players not trying, its that they do not know the systems. Players like Burrow and Hardaker the Fev players would be in awe of and pretty much do what they say but some of the fringe players will be getting ordered about by the Fev players and wont know if they are coming and going so it looks to some of the fans like they are not trying.

Im not sure if you missed my point Steve, I do not think the problem is players not trying, its that they do not know the systems. Players like Burrow and Hardaker the Fev players would be in awe of and pretty much do what they say but some of the fringe players will be getting ordered about by the Fev players and wont know if they are coming and going so it looks to some of the fans like they are not trying.

i think i preferred it when you were just telling us how good fax were

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived