Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The guy currently in the field behind my house, who walks his dog early every morning and about this time every afternoon, and spends half his walk blowing an (expletives deleted) whistle to try to train his dog is going to have the whistle inserted in another hole if he doesn't stop it soon.  The dog just ignores him and keeps running after the rabbits while the guy looks like something out of a cartoon jumping up and down blowing his bloody whistle then shouting at the dog for ignoring him.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Golfers these days are just a bunch of softies...

Bm7kUXdIIAAqSs8.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love that you get a penalty stroke if your play is distracted by a bomb.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yet when someone tells Tiger to "get in the ho" he gets all upset...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Yet when someone tells Tiger to "get in the ho" he gets all upset...

You need to go away and take a long, hard look at yourself.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Unless your ball is destroyed by said bomb.

I wonder if all 54 volumes of the RFU rules of rugby were modified for war times....perhaps a thread for the cross code forum.

I was scrolling through the telly channels menu  the other morning and there were two different programmes called Countdown that were on at the same time.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I put a single Lottery ticket on for last Wednesday, forgot all about it and noticed it today when I was looking for something else in my wallet.  I got 4 numbers and £152. :)  That's tonight's dinner out paid for then as well as meaning I don't need to withdraw spending cash this week.

The first of my summer roses flowered today :)  A lovely pink rose with a nice scent.  I can't stand gardening but I do love the outcome of a nicely done garden.

I've just spent half an hour on a conference call and wasn't required to speak a word and none of what the others spoke about concerned me. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

My sausages were reviewed on Radcliffe & Maconie on BBC 6Music yesterday.  

Good ...as long as they didn't play something by Link-in Park afterwards. Or 'Chipolata' by ABBA...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Or 'furter Abraham & the Smurfs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On Wednesday, I will be the Chairman of an ISPE conference.  

This is about as challenging as being a weather girl, without the requirement to be pretty.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Today, I met a retired lady with two classic cars in her garage ... a pre-war Bentley two-seater sports car and a Jowett Bradford pick-up truck. Both are roadworthy and in immaculate condition.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I have just had a haircut. Job interview tomorrow, same company but promotion. These two facts may be connected. 

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

There is a strong wind from the Sahara blowing with the result that everything round here has a fine coating of sand.

This phenomenon always reminds me of this:

During the Tuesday evening rush hour I saw a huge bird of prey gliding over the hard shoulder of M60 J18, I thought I'd gone past Manchester Airport by mistake. Then this morning I saw the same/similar/another large raptor sat on a streetlight at M62 J20, it was an impressive creature. No idea what it was some kind of hawk probably, atleast twice the size of the usual kestrels you see hovering around the motorway.

I am currently in the most painful teleconference I've been on in the last decade.  We're reviewing a spreadsheet template and doing it column by column with the author explaining exactly why the column is named as such, why it's in the order it's in and then a discussion around it.  We're currently on column AY and we need to get to BN.  The annoying part is that I need to listen to about 1/10th of it with the rest being irrelevant to me so I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate and keep getting dragged back to post here.

There was a bloke with a green parrot at the supermarket cashpoint when I walked past earlier today.

He'd just rescued it from magpies and wrapped it up in his jacket.

Not something you see every day!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There was a bloke with a green parrot at the supermarket cashpoint when I walked past earlier today.

He'd just rescued it from magpies and wrapped it up in his jacket.

Not something you see every day!

That has no business being on this thread; far too interesting. :rolleyes: