Uninteresting Trivial Facts

It's Now Official

After taking the world by storm earlier this month, Canberra's very woolly sheep Chris has officially been handed the title of world's heaviest fleece.

Chris has now been confirmed by Guinness World Records as the woolliest sheep ever recorded.

The official weight of the fleece was 41.1 kilograms.

The official sign that the government is no longer functional and nuclear submarine captains are to follow sealed pre-sailing nuclear launch orders is that BBC Radio 4 can no longer be heard.  If the Today programme is not heard for three consecutive days then captains have orders to open and use those sealed orders.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I have to get a headlight bulb changed today.  Halfords, here we come.  Blew on Friday as I was driving into London and went through a tunnel, the auto lights turned on and it blew.  Driving home again at full dark I got surprisingly anxious when I overtook a police car on the M25, my brain was saying "what if he's having a bad day and is just looking for an excuse?"  I knew I'd done nothing wrong but I was still quite anxious.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just got back from Fight Club. It was really fun! Got there late so missed the rules being read out but I'm sure it was nothing important.

I've taken Monday to Wednesday off this week because I felt I was getting a bit burned out and exhausted.  I think that's proven itself with the hours I've slept.  I set myself a goal that if I felt tired that I'd sleep, regardless of what time.  Yesterday, I got up at 9am, back asleep 9:30-12:00, asleep again 5:30pm-8:00pm, asleep 1:00am-11:00am.  More energy today than any time in the last few months, although if I feel tired I'm off back to bed for another nap.

Had the most vivid dream I’ve had for many years last night.  I applied for the Secret Services, the dream went through me talking to the wife about it, me applying, going through selection day, post-selection interview then onto the places they were offering me.  The cat then woke me up demanding breakfast.  Strangely detailed dream and very coherent throughout.

Mussolini built a giant arch in the middle of the Libyan desert. Not that he was the self-aggrandising type...

Arch_of_the_Philaeni_01.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes I read thread titles on this forum and my heart sinks a bit, I then read them and get very relieved when I read the proper content.  For example, a thread about Sell Outs could be any manner of subjects that have caused threads to be locked...

Just got back from what turned out to be my last visit to the oncology clinic after 8 years in their care (the last three only once a year). :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just got back from what turned out to be my last visit to the oncology clinic after 8 years in their care (the last three only once a year). :)

Great news! :) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hardly in keeping with the thread, neither trivial nor uninteresting

Great news

I'm putting this here because it clearly is unimportant and trivial to the great and good.  I accept the judgement of my betters and relegate it accordingly:

Iceland jailed the 25th and 26th bankers yesterday over their involvement in the 2008 banking collapses.  So far, the total for the 26 bankers jailed is 74 years.  More prosecutions are underway.  Oh, and Iceland are in quite good financial health and don't have an "austerity" programme despite being one of the worst impacted countries in 2008.

On the topic of lesser countries having the balls to do what big countries won't, Vanuatu has jailed the deputy PM and 13 other MPs for corruption.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/vanuatu-mps-including-moana-carcasses-and-serge-vohor-sentenced/6875566?section=world