Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Wot no thread about the Union World Cup?! 🤣

It is where it deserves to be.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The man pictured on the cover of Led Zeppelin's 4th album was a widowed thatcher called Lot Long, from the town of Mere, Wiltshire.

Led-Zeppelin-IV.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 4 weeks later...

Bradford roads are currently being besiged by British Gas workers. Temporary traffic lights and single-vehicle road widths arethe norm. Yesterday, I pulled in to the pavement to let a bus go through in the opposite direction. The  bus driver waved to me in acknowledgement of the courtesy.

So far, so normal. Except that he was wearing a Santa Claus outfit.  😃

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 1 month later...

A few years ago I bought a blood pressure monitor for use at home. I used it regularly until I got annoyed with how quickly the batteries ran out. After about a year on the shelf for some unknown reason I decided to try it again just now, but no luck. However, I then noticed somewhere in the instructions it is possible to use a USB cable to power it. Rejoice.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last year I have been without my tumble dryer and have been using the local laundrette to dry stuff instead. 

Why haven't I always used this facility?! 

I just did 2 loads of washing, washed, dried and put away in just over an hour and it only cost me £2 for the drying! 

I've been contemplating replacing the dryer but I've definitely decided I'm not gonna bother, I'm gonna get a chest freezer instead because my current freezer is tiny. 

18 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Over the last year I have been without my tumble dryer and have been using the local laundrette to dry stuff instead. 

I just did 2 loads of washing, washed, dried and put away in just over an hour and it only cost me £2 for the drying! 

I've been contemplating replacing the dryer but I've definitely decided I'm not gonna bother, I'm gonna get a chest freezer instead because my current freezer is tiny. 

That happened to me a few years ago too.  Didn't replace the dryer at all, getting the whole families laundry completely done in an hour for $10 was well worth it.  Was working nights at the time too so was doing it on my 'weekend' on Friday night when there was no one there apart from the more interesting characters you find in a 24 hour laundrette at 2am LOL

• Like 1

The Texaco petrol station across the road has a set of washing machines round the back in various sizes. One of them does an 18kg wash! If the machine in my house conks out, that's a very viable alternative.

https://www.revolution-laundry.com/en-uk/the-concept/ 

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Texaco petrol station across the road has a set of washing machines round the back in various sizes. One of them does an 18kg wash! If the machine in my house conks out, that's a very viable alternative.

https://www.revolution-laundry.com/en-uk/the-concept/ 

The petrol station just round the corner from me has these machines as well, they seem to be springing up all over the place. Very good idea! 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The petrol station just round the corner from me has these machines as well, they seem to be springing up all over the place. Very good idea! 

A washing machine that texts you five minutes before it's finished is proper science fiction!

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That's a twofer! 

https://inthewash.co.uk/laundry-and-ironing/putting-clothes-in-the-freezer/