What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A treat for the guitar/classic rock fans - someone has uploaded footage of the entire Jimi Hendrix February 1969 Albert Hall concert here.

It isn't YouTube, so I can't post the video directly to this thread.

Enjoy!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is one of Rory Gallagher's quieter, more intimate moments.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My 7 year old is doing French at school & came back tonight singing Frere Jacques, and we couldn't work out the translation for the 3rd line, So I wikied it, then I asked how they were singing it in class, & she said all together, & I thought NO!

Blast on you tube later took me back 46 years to when we did it in groups at school.

A very good a cappella version actually​

Here's a bit of fun to test your ears'n'gear - three different pressings of Bowie's The Prettiest Star edited together in one song. Same turntable, arm and cartridge, so see if you can tell when the switcheroo happens, from original UK pressing, to 1997 reissue, to the new box set version.

There's a link in this post if you want to download the full quality 24/96 file instead of the compressed YouTube version.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Been to Hull Fruit to see the Selecter tonight, fantastic little venue and a top performance from Pauline Black and co.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I will be digging out my copy of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Trilogy for a good listening session tomorrow. :( 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Hull Fruit to see the Selecter tonight, fantastic little venue and a top performance from Pauline Black and co.

I really like it as a music venue. Been there tonight to see Aussie rockers Tracer.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I really like it as a music venue. Been there tonight to see Aussie rockers Tracer.

Not the sort of place to try and find on your own in the dark at the moment though.

Still, I'm sure it'll all look good come 2017.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Still one of the best, if not the best horn sections there has ever been.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and one for the Cherry and Whites! Not really my kind of music, but the band's name warrants a mention.

Ralph Waldo Emerson