What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Probably the most under-rated and under-appreciated band ever...

Indeed , love ' everyday ' , most of the ' glam ' lads were proper rock bands , then it all went silly 

My brother bought Razzamanaz by Nazareth , cracking album 

9 hours ago, Oxford said:

Some good songs there Oxford.

I was at middle school when Make me smile was number 1. It's good quality musicianship. 

The Mott the Hoople song was presumably Mick Ralphs on guitar? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niels said:

The Mott the Hoople song was presumably Mick Ralphs on guitar? 

I'd like to help but I've always had trouble remembering individual members of groups even if I spend time doing research, lyrics is about as good as it gets.

Keep well

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I'd like to help but I've always had trouble remembering individual members of groups even if I spend time doing research, lyrics is about as good as it gets.

Keep well

Thanks Oxford.  

He founded Bad Company with Paul Rodgers in 1973. Seagull is my favourite song by them. 

I like Saturday Gigs by Mott the Hoople and Roll away the stone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niels said:

Thanks Oxford.  

He founded Bad Company with Paul Rodgers in 1973. Seagull is my favourite song by them. 

I like Saturday Gigs by Mott the Hoople and Roll away the stone. 

It may be the present crisis but I'm seeing everything differently now whatever the cause. I realise how important being on here is to so many of us, I see how sharing what we are is crucial to our well being and the direction you come from and the views you hold even if they're opposite are essential. So I'm just glad even if someone posts music I can't stand, which so rarely happens, I'm glad they shared it, I'm happy they thought it was important enough.

And with that in mind

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

Thanks Oxford. I agree with you, it's great to have the forum. 

Can i just make a comment again on your songs please which are excellent as always?

I played the Las yesterday. It reminds me very much of the psychedelic groups of the 60s, Left Banke, Love, West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band.

I have the Danny Wilson CD and played this last week. I like the Scottish music from the 80s, Marillion, Aztec Camera, Runrig.

3 hours ago, Niels said:

Thanks Oxford. I agree with you, it's great to have the forum. 

Can i just make a comment again on your songs please which are excellent as always?

I played the Las yesterday. It reminds me very much of the psychedelic groups of the 60s, Left Banke, Love, West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band.

I have the Danny Wilson CD and played this last week. I like the Scottish music from the 80s, Marillion, Aztec Camera, Runrig.

I'm always first in the queue for any compliment Niels ? and I tossed up between some of the ones you mentioned and it had to be

"Yeah, said it's all right
I won't forget
All the times I've waited patiently for you
And you'll do just what you choose to do
And I will be alone again tonight my dear

Yeah, I heard a funny thing
Somebody said to me
You know that I could be in love with almost everyone
I think that people are
The greatest fun
And I will be alone again tonight my dear ...."

And any Album that also has a quote from The Marat/Sade has to be in the Top 100 Desert Island Albums.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I'm always first in the queue for any compliment Niels ? and I tossed up between some of the ones you mentioned and it had to be

"Yeah, said it's all right
I won't forget
All the times I've waited patiently for you
And you'll do just what you choose to do
And I will be alone again tonight my dear

Yeah, I heard a funny thing
Somebody said to me
You know that I could be in love with almost everyone
I think that people are
The greatest fun
And I will be alone again tonight my dear ...."

And any Album that also has a quote from The Marat/Sade has to be in the Top 100 Desert Island Albums.

That track....the best song ever..... in my subjective opinion. Absolutely delightful track on every level. Just love it.

I got to see the great man before he died. 

Wonderful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niels said:

Thanks. This is a fantastic song. I've not heard it live before. What year is it?

I think Felix Pappalardi is the vocalist?

You are quite right about Felix Pappalardi, he was the lead vocalist. The track came from the "Mountain Live - The Road Goes Ever On" in 1972. I always loved this track despite its length. The other notable snippet is that parts were used for the soundtrack of Brian Walden's current affairs program "Weekend World"! Took me ages to figure out where they got the tune from. I saw the TV prog before I picked up on the album.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

parts were used for the soundtrack of Brian Walden's current affairs program "Weekend World"! Took me ages to figure out where they got the tune from. I saw the TV prog before I picked up on the album.

Same here. Took one of my mates elder brother to tell us who it was.