Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hindle xiii

Food and drink thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I should start contributing to this bad boy.

I had some lovely Indonesian chicken last night - proper crispy skin and a sauce that reminded me of beef mckoys. Smashing.

Booked in for Gaggan (Indian and Japanese in Bangkok) and l'enclume in next 2 months. 

Moist in anticipation.

L'Enclume? Nice!


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 5:15 AM, MattSantos said:

I should start contributing to this bad boy.

I had some lovely Indonesian chicken last night - proper crispy skin and a sauce that reminded me of beef mckoys. Smashing.

Booked in for Gaggan (Indian and Japanese in Bangkok) and l'enclume in next 2 months. 

Moist in anticipation.

We went to Gaggan on our honeymoon 2 years ago. One of the best experiences of my life. Mind blowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We went to Gaggan on our honeymoon 2 years ago. One of the best experiences of my life. Mind blowing.

Boomatron.

I've been to Nahm a few times and really enjoyed it, so looking forward to 'stepping up' a level.

I'm not a massive fan of Bangkok, i prefer Chiang Mai but there are certainly lots of really good restaurants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Boomatron.

I've been to Nahm a few times and really enjoyed it, so looking forward to 'stepping up' a level.

I'm not a massive fan of Bangkok, i prefer Chiang Mai but there are certainly lots of really good restaurants!

Yeah we also did Namh and loved that too. We loved Bangkok but over 4 nights we did Namh, Gaggan plus a street food tour so I think its hard not to enjoy that as a foodie!

Enjoy, very jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ate at this place for lunch today. The music was a touch loud for me, but the charcoal-grilled meat was excellent. We had chicken bulgogi and pork belly, with a shared side order of rice.

We ended up there because of the rain - if you take the right exit from Kings Cross/St Pancras, you get get there without getting wet.

Edited by Futtocks

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattSantos said:

BBQ sizzling away, is there a better smell than red onion and burgers?

Bacon.... good bacon

Seaside fish n chips

These set my nose twitching.... burgers are something I rarely eat. I'm not even motivated to eating even the ones  I make....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Bacon.... good bacon

Seaside fish n chips

These set my nose twitching.... burgers are something I rarely eat. I'm not even motivated to eating even the ones  I make....

Difficult to get good mince here, but the ready made angus burgers are wonderful. $3.50 for 1 pattie is good value too.

Cooking on a lotus grill at the moment, want a weber if i move to a bigger balcony next year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2017 at 7:05 PM, Robin Evans said:

Holiday gold medal winner from Bergerac 

20170809_190405.jpg

When I'm not looking for stuff I already know and love I use these medal as a rough guide and they're like God and Parky pretty infallible.


“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oxford said:

When I'm not looking for stuff I already know and love I use these medal as a rough guide and they're like God and Parky pretty infallible.

It's a bloody good yardstick to use isn't it.

One good thing about buying from the producer is that you usually get chance to try before you buy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

One good thing about buying from the producer is that you usually get chance to try before you buy

I haven't done this for a long time because I'm usually driving and once took someone very rude with me and it did not end well, when they walked out without a by your leave I was left to appologise and if I wasn't sober before I certainly was when I let that person know what I thought. God save from English snobs!

Which reminds me I think I've got some muscat sec in the fridge - magic - bag in box here I come!

 

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been going to catherine's for 25 years now. She's bloody wonderful.

Domaine de la Fontainerie, Catherine Dhoye-Déruet

64 Rue de la Vallée Coquette, 37210 Vouvray, France
+33 2 47 52 67 92

https://g.co/kgs/YTzrtc

And from guy Durard near amboise...

www.vivino.com/wineries/guy-durand/wines/touraine-amboise-soir-d-octobre-1997

I shall top up my dordogne purchases with Loire valley produce in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I shall top up my dordogne purchases with Loire valley produce in a couple of weeks.

I should stock up Robin. It reminds of the Groucho Marx story of WC Fields attic full of booze and when Groucho said but prohibition's over, fields said "It might come back!" and Brexit and large customs duty and much less allowances are on the way!


“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbot, I made a  tin foil pyramid, and cooked whole in the oven with some lemon juice and dill, served with asparagus and new potatoes. I hardly touched the veg as the fish was pretty big.

A mate caught a few and gave one to me, I dread to think how much it would have cost in a fishmongers.


Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pork shoulder from the Dukeries.....

Did some apple sauce with Apples from the garden.... rosties done in goose fat.... veg from Fred's allotment.... top veg too... I give him wine.... he gives me veg.

He's got a few hens now.... so hoping I get eggs n'all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Turbot, I made a  tin foil pyramid, and cooked whole in the oven with some lemon juice and dill, served with asparagus and new potatoes. I hardly touched the veg as the fish was pretty big.

A mate caught a few and gave one to me, I dread to think how much it would have cost in a fishmongers.

Loads; they'd have turbot-charged you.

Sorry.


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Futtocks said:

Loads; they'd have turbot-charged you.

Sorry.

They wouldn't, I'm too much of a cheap skate to buy one!


Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

They wouldn't, I'm too much of a cheap skate to buy one!

No perch-ase, eh?


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No perch-ase, eh?

Don't know best plaice to get my dab s on one. 


Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...