Stu Dickens

PJT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sincere condolences to you Stu and all your family at this sad time. All I can say is you are one hell of a guy bud and I know your mum will be mighty proud of your typical barnstorming run to score the first try of the game yesterday. In fact to play at all yesterday took an awesome amount of guts but to put in a display like that in the circumstances took something that not many of us, including me could ever do ;).

Clearly, there is a huge amount of respect & empathy for Stuart and his family.

With that in mind, many of us would appreciate the opportunity to show our support and respect for them if they feel it appropriate and respectful, as this has obviously been such a difficult week.

Stu', you also need to be aware that once the whistle goes for the start of the game you will have everyone of us totally behind you.

"There's only one Stuart Dickens"

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Ref: S8185

Mobile 07738 528178

RESPECT, for you yesterday Stuart, when i saw you weeping at the end of the game im not ashamed to say i wept along with you, what courage it must have taken for you to play that game, and the try you scored was for your mum, who was a lovely lady and always had the time of day to speak to me whenever she saw me at a game.

My thoughts are with yourself, your dad Steve and brother Kevin and your wife Kirsty.

You are an insperation and a credit to both the game and your family.

God bless.

Maureen and Terry.

Im Fev and im proud

think yesterday just about sums stu up to a tee, he is a true proffesional, a great club man and a cracking bloke off the field. probably the greatest fev player of his generation. my thoughts are with stu and his family, lets get behind him on friday, he has gave everything for this club for so many years and our support will help him through this difficult time.

Anyone who knows me knows that Stuey is my number-one man. When I was a kid I wanted to be Brendon Tuuta. Now I am a grown-up, I want to be Stu Dickens.

You can stand-up and be counted with the very best who have graced our great club. No-one has put more in than you.

You are held in uniquely high esteem as a player, a club man and most importantly, as a man.

Chin up big fella.

Matthew

Ive got a tear in my eye reading the thread. Ive played against the bloke and I respected him then, after 12 years watching him play for fev I respected him more and without knowing him well hold him in the highest regard as player and a man. Sorry for your loss Stu.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

There isn't much more than can be added to the thread without repeating it.

Stuart is a gentleman and one that is respected by everybody who has come across him in RL, my thoughts are with him and the rest of the family.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

I've had a message from Stu, in which he has said the following:

Hi chris, I've just read the forum and am a bit speechless . Can u post a message on from me please saying thank u very much for all the messages and support it really does mean alot to me and my family thank u everybody.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

You do your whole family proud ever time you walk on that pitch, it took a big man to turn out on Sunday as you did.

My deepest sympathy go to you and your family we are all with you.

I've had a message from Stu, in which he has said the following:

Chris,

Is it worth while geting that big flag out for the Fax game to show our sympathy / support for the big man, you know he deserves it.

Stu,

My condolences and full respect go out to you and your family

Edited by The Grinder

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Anyone improve on this song I just thought of? "There s only one Stuart Dickens, One Stuart Dickens, Steaming Along ,Till the Rovers have won , King Of The Rovers Wonderland". Anyone for a sing song on friday night? . Respect to a true Fev legend who constantly gives us and the team 110%.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Anyone improve on this song I just thought of? "There s only one Stuart Dickens, One Stuart Dickens, Steaming Along ,Till the Rovers have won , King Of The Rovers Wonderland". Anyone for a sing song on friday night? . Respect to a true Fev legend who constantly gives us and the team 110%.

count me in

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

Losing a loved one is the most devastating thing that can happen to anyone. I'm just coming to terms losing my mum but what you did Sunday Stu was the most admirable thing that anyone could have possibly done. In people terms you are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Chris,

Is it worth while geting that big flag out for the Fax game to show our sympathy / support for the big man, you know he deserves it.

Stu,

My condolences and full respect go out to you and your family

Dave, I've got the flag in the car boot. Thats a good idea. The only problem we have is finding a place to put it! Any suggestions from the club or people on here would be great!

God bless you and your family Stuart.

We are so lucky to have such a player and a gent who have stuck by our famous club in such hard times.

I sometimes look at the hall of fame and think yeah these players must have been class but may were before my time and they played when Rovers had a great team.

I think an hall of fame entry must posses class, heart and more important than anything else love and passion for Featherstone Rovers. In my opinion you possess all of these qualities.

Here's to a future hall of famer.

I can't imagine what you are going through but my thoughts are with you at such a sad time.

Ian Elliott

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

I did not realise what happened, as I live in Sheffield now i lose touch a little with local news. Thanks stuart, what a time to score your first try you showed a heart of gold and a will of iron on sunday all the best mate.

Keir

UP THE ROVERS!