Well Done Batley Bulldogs

Superb win, well done - exciting last quarter

Thanks to both teams for supplying the entertainment

sorry Widnes but it was Batleys turn - they've waited long enough for a cup win. All local lads - Hudds lad get MOM and wining try so our house is happy :D

Enjoy the celebrations - you deserve it

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

What an entertaining spectacle this was. I loved every minute of it. Credit must go to both sides for the way they played. I think Batley would have won by more if there'd been a proper hill on the pitch.

A very enjoyable game to watch, nice to see a team with humble but honest ambitions get in there and win it.

Enjoy the party Batley.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

no argument from me! best team on the day won the game.............congratulations to the gallant youth.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Congrats Batley, a well deserved win.........

thankyou,

every dog has it's day!!!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

thankyou,

every dog has it's day!!!

its your day, but it reminds me of bramley's bbc floodlit trophy win in 1973 ,bramley's only trophy after 94 years .

of course the "gallant youth's"are embedded in RL history and heritage .

great stuff BATLEY

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Congratulations to both sides.I'm delighted for Batley and impressed by the turn out from Widnes Supporters.

Does anybody know what Batley will make out of it.I'm sure it won't be a fortune,but equally I suspect they will use the money more wisely than some clubs,but would be interested to know what the approx figure is in terms of prize money,gate share,merchandise etc.

Good win for Batley, though I was disappointed with Karl Harrison's view that the club could not go up to SL on the SLS last week

I hope they can put in a SL application, as it would be interesting to see where the RFL think that they don't "tick boxes". For me they could surely do a better job than the likes of Wakey, and have a better ground

The main reason that they were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Widnes fans may be because closet fans in the heavy woolen area don't think they will go up. A classic case of chicken and egg. The heavy woolen area is just as much an RL heartland as Widnes, if not more so

Congratulations to Batley! Great win and great performance. I enjoyed Blackpool and being a Batley fan for the day!! See you again on Boxing Day ......

Edited by Odsal Outlaw

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Good win for Batley, though I was disappointed with Karl Harrison's view that the club could not go up to SL on the SLS last week

I hope they can put in a SL application, as it would be interesting to see where the RFL think that they don't "tick boxes". For me they could surely do a better job than the likes of Wakey, and have a better ground

The main reason that they were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Widnes fans may be because closet fans in the heavy woolen area don't think they will go up. A classic case of chicken and egg. The heavy woolen area is just as much an RL heartland as Widnes, if not more so

so is that why you only took 500 against hull kr a few years back,lets see if you can pull a few out of the woodwork on sunday,maybe you might bring 200 if you try hard.leigh is as much a RL heartland as Widnes my backside,we had near 6000 on sunday for a game that didnt tick any boxes for us.

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

What on earth is your sad obsession with the number of fans other Clubs have?

Why is it than in a relatively small game like rugby league,the only pleasure some 'fans' seem to get,is from constantly criticising other clubs players,administrators,fans etc.All of them,will doubtless do far more for the game,than those who merely criticise others.

so is that why you only took 500 against hull kr a few years back,lets see if you can pull a few out of the woodwork on sunday,maybe you might bring 200 if you try hard.leigh is as much a RL heartland as Widnes my backside,we had near 6000 on sunday for a game that didnt tick any boxes for us.

Perhaps you had 6k because you already have the box "ticked" and another win won have been unofficially unassailable. Many in RL have given Widnes the sympathy vote - for very little reason other than that you have a nice ground, and a chairman that bit his tongue at the right time (I wonder if he'll do that if Widnes don't get the nod for 2012?).

I didn't go to the Northern W*nk cup final as it was then so I also can't argue against your "500" estimate. I didn't go because their was absolutely feckall to play. At least now there is a chance you'll be considered.

Leigh is far more a heartland - compare our amatuer game to yours for a start

At the end of the day, for me Barrow on form are the out and out deservees to go up thus far and also have the Geo box ticked which Widnes do not. It would be a major unjustice if they did not go up. Why the RFL did not have a ranking system based on "on-the-pitch " chievements is beyond me. At the end of the day all Widnes have done is win the NRC and had very mediocre results in the league

I was impressed by it. It shows the club has a realistic idea of it's capacity. There's no shame in not being an SL club and not wanting to be. If Batley can promote the game, entertain the locals, enjoy themselves and win the odd pot then what more should they want to do? Better that than chase a pipe dream that at best is unobtainable and at worst could kill off the club.

More NL clubs should think like Batley.

Personally I'm delighted for them. I've been up to the Mount a few times over the past few years and I've always enjoyed it. It's a terrific setup up there.

They're a great club and one that everyone in the game should be proud of.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Perhaps you had 6k because you already have the box "ticked" and another win won have been unofficially unassailable. Many in RL have given Widnes the sympathy vote - for very little reason other than that you have a nice ground, and a chairman that bit his tongue at the right time (I wonder if he'll do that if Widnes don't get the nod for 2012?).

I didn't go to the Northern W*nk cup final as it was then so I also can't argue against your "500" estimate. I didn't go because their was absolutely feckall to play. At least now there is a chance you'll be considered.

Leigh is far more a heartland - compare our amatuer game to yours for a start

At the end of the day, for me Barrow on form are the out and out deservees to go up thus far and also have the Geo box ticked which Widnes do not. It would be a major unjustice if they did not go up. Why the RFL did not have a ranking system based on "on-the-pitch " chievements is beyond me. At the end of the day all Widnes have done is win the NRC and had very mediocre results in the league

You're only mad because even if you did qualify to apply, which you probably won't, they won't let you in anyway.......... :P

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

I was impressed by it. It shows the club has a realistic idea of it's capacity. There's no shame in not being an SL club and not wanting to be. If Batley can promote the game, entertain the locals, enjoy themselves and win the odd pot then what more should they want to do? Better that than chase a pipe dream that at best is unobtainable and at worst could kill off the club.

More NL clubs should think like Batley.

Personally I'm delighted for them. I've been up to the Mount a few times over the past few years and I've always enjoyed it. It's a terrific setup up there.

They're a great club and one that everyone in the game should be proud of.

Steve, I think it is a bit condescending coming from a happy SL fan. Of course SL clubs don't want any NL clubs challenging their dominance. Do you really think that having a professional second tier with clubs not wanting to/not being allowed to go up is good for RL in the long run? I personally do not agree with clubs "refusing" or being "refused" to go up to SL, and belive that every club in NL1 should be gunning for the top flight

Why doesn't the RFL try and help all clubs in NL1 get up to SL spec by concurrent revewing of criteria, and actively trying to help them

Steve, I think it is a bit condescending coming from a happy SL fan. Of course SL clubs don't want any NL clubs challenging their dominance. Do you really think that having a professional second tier with clubs not wanting to/not being allowed to go up is good for RL in the long run? I personally do not agree with clubs "refusing" or being "refused" to go up to SL, and belive that every club in NL1 should be gunning for the top flight

Why doesn't the RFL try and help all clubs in NL1 get up to SL spec by concurrent revewing of criteria, and actively trying to help them

I don't see that it's condescending. I just think it reflects a realistic assessment of Batley's chances of competing successfully in the same league as Wigan and Leeds.

I think having a professional second tier with clubs not wanting to go up is just fine. There's no reason why every club should want to, or be allowed to, play in the top division. There is a role for clubs of all sizes.

The RFL could certainly try and help NL1 clubs reach SL but I'm not sure that even Richard Lewis can suddenly rustle up 50,000 extra people to go and live in Batley.

Some clubs are small. It's a fact of life. The key is to help small clubs that are constrained by their location become better small clubs, not to dream of them becoming big clubs.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.