Vikings announce financial figures

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top news from Widnes. Looks like the Vikings are all set for Super League.

Surely this shows the benefits of licensing? E.G Widnes pretty much knew they were in last year so could concentrate on getting their finances, youth structures, marketing etc right.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Top news from Widnes. Looks like the Vikings are all set for Super League.

Surely this shows the benefits of licensing? E.G Widnes pretty much knew they were in last year so could concentrate on getting their finances, youth structures, marketing etc right.

There are good points and bad points to licensing. In my opinion, the cost of the bad points outnumbers the good but it has paid off for my club at least up till now.

A current mid table Championship club with crowds of 3-4,000 thousand over about a dozen home games and in a ground that is council owned, has turn over of 2.5 million pounds with a 1 million pound profit ???

Are the directors all off Dragons Den ?

I can understand a Wakefield fan being cynical but you need to concentrate less on who is coming up and more who is going down.

Our turnover last year was almost enough anyway. It was always likely to be good enough this year, I just didn't expect it to be this good. We invested in a youth setup, gymnasium and others in recent years, now we are reaping the rewards of a good sponsorship and a low salary cap which again is a blessing and a curse.

Read the poster's name - Ram, not Wildcat.

No SL axe to grind at all, in fact, although he is perfectly capable of defending himself on here.

Now, what was your point? Are you saying that everything that emanates from Widnes is blessed and must be accepted without question? Or would you prefer a healthy degree of cynicism for all such announcements no matter what their source?

There will be plenty of agents rubbing their hands at this news in anticipation of Widnes getting the nod next year. Or is that too cynical too?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A current mid table Championship club with crowds of 3-4,000 thousand over about a dozen home games and in a ground that is council owned, has turn over of 2.5 million pounds with a 1 million pound profit ???

Are the directors all off Dragons Den ?

Good point.

I'm amazed at the figures we've announced, not necessarily that there has been a profit (although the size is astonishing) but the T/O figure is huge. I can completely understand how people would be sceptical about them, particularly with the franchise application around the corner, but I would point out that Widnes didn't need to announce such figures to impress the RFL, I'm sure

Once again we see another positive thread derailed by people with their agenda's who just want Widnes to desperately fail....

Oh wait that only happens when it's expansion clubs. With every other club it's just a natural message board conversation developing from unexpected news.

I'm fairly sure there's some creative accounting going on but at the end of the day we've ticked that box and we're out of debt which is positive news however you look at it.

If these accounts have been Audited then without doubt it is THE Blue print of how to survive in professional sport. Perhaps you would enlighten us all on how it has been done.

Perhaps if any of us fans were also Widnes' Accountant we could do that............

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.