Vikings announce financial figures

widnes are a shoe in for SL.

clearly they are now ready for SL

watching a game from the halton stadium is so much better than a decaying ground

and ive little doubt widnes will be a strong Sl club, in a few years time in SL theyll be another warrington

this is what progress means in rl

new ground, sugar daddy, good crowds, good revenues

tick all the boxes

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At different levels,Leeds,Widnes and Workington have shown that it is possible to make a profit from League.Clearlt Clubs have different cost bases,but there must be a blue print somewhere there,for other Clubs to follow/look into.I have far more time for such Clubs,together with others like Hull,Salford,Sheffield,Batley,London Skolars etc,than those who regularly seem to spend more than they have,blame it on a 'rainy day' which they haven't allowed for and seek Legal Protection.Well done to the Clubs who live within there means,at whatever level.

I'd like to add my congratulations to the Widnes club.

A couple of points (positive ones). Firstly, the "recruitment initiative" question. "Why start it when you're doing so well?" seems to be the question. Well, when else would you start it? Right now is the right time. Get the momentum going forward and keep it going forward is the way to go. Too many clubs have got things right and then rested on their laurels only to wake up two years later and find it's all gone #### up. When your crowd has fallen to three old men and a dog, you'll have a real problem with any "recruitment drive." Not that Widnes' crowd will fall, it will keep rising for the foreseeable future.

Second, the accounts. Very good figures. I think I read somewhere that Mr O'Connor was planning to write off some capital spending early in the three-year cycle. If this is true, then the accounts are not such a surprise, more down to good planning. Some figures from the last three or four years might illustrate this?

Anyway, "Well done, Widnes!".

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Once again we see another positive thread derailed by people with their agenda's who just want Widnes to desperately fail....

That's male genitals.

Any team of the size of Widnes, with crowds of a similar size, announcing those kind of results would have begged all the same questions.

I look at accounts every day, and I would love to see how you make sense of those figures.

That's male genitals.

Any team of the size of Widnes, with crowds of a similar size, announcing those kind of results would have begged all the same questions.

I look at accounts every day, and I would love to see how you make sense of those figures.

Of course they would.

The tone was meant to be sarcastic as often whenever figures, no matter how dodgy, are questioned people are shouted down for being negative, or having agendas etc. It's usually whenever it involves an expansion club.

I know the figures don't look right, but being out of debt is a positive. I would also question exactly why we would fiddle the accounts to have a turnover 2 and a half times bigger than required. If you're fiddling the accounts then surely you wouldn't do it by that much. When Halifax announced their dubious crowd to meet the criteria, they didn't decide to go for a crowd of 11,000!

Of course they would.

The tone was meant to be sarcastic !

How the heck can you say that.

Did you ask the poster , did you, no.

Its all in the mind mate, seek help.

If Fax or another club who yo thought was a thret to Widnes chances of a Licence posted accounts like

that.........that thread woUld be 15 pages long by now.

The clubs overheads must be ridiculously low or are tehy playing at Halton for for free.

With a member of Halton Borough Council on our Board, we probably do pay a ridiculously low rent.

In my world (commercial banking) youd be scrutinising those figures with more than a fine toothcomb for money laundering etc!!

I'm sure they can be ( and will be ) scrutinised.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

How the heck can you say that.

Did you ask the poster , did you, no.

Its all in the mind mate, seek help.

If Fax or another club who yo thought was a thret to Widnes chances of a Licence posted accounts like

that.........that thread woUld be 15 pages long by now.

Still not found it then Mick? What a pointless reply.

i love all the expert accountants on here querying this figure

i dont know armchair RL fans were such experts at accountancy

perhaps they should lend their considerable skills to helping their own club make a profit

Hey I'mpositive about this news, in my club any RL club making a profit of 1 penny is a good result and worthy of their salt. But simple maths is used for the calculation of

It's all about da bass

i love all the expert accountants on here querying this figure

i dont know armchair RL fans were such experts at accountancy

perhaps they should lend their considerable skills to helping their own club make a profit

Is it hard to believe that RL fans can grasp basic accountancy? Just because you struggle with basic figures, doesn't mean everyone does!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Is it hard to believe that RL fans can grasp basic accountancy? Just because you struggle with basic figures, doesn't mean everyone does!

seriously all these armchair accounting genii should be helping out at their RL clubs

use their immense talents for the good of RL.

it's nothing short of a miracle. It's loaves and fishes all over again.

The Stobart Stdium could well replace Lourdes on the back of this.

a million quid up ###### creek one year, a million quid in the back pocket the next

where has that two million come from? And the timing nothing short of eerie.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

With a member of Halton Borough Council on our Board, we probably do pay a ridiculously low rent.

if that is the case, then the serious fraud squad are missing a trick

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

it's nothing short of a miracle. It's loaves and fishes all over again.

The Stobart Stdium could well replace Lourdes on the back of this.

a million quid up ###### creek one year, a million quid in the back pocket the next

where has that two million come from? And the timing nothing short of eerie.

perhaps some of the profits are connected to write backs of previous losses.

since no one on here questioned the size of their losses i dont see why people should question the profits?

widnes got slagged by everyone for their losses - me included

now its reversed ill give them the praise they deserve

clearly the situation has turned around markedly there

Dally nobody can really praise or criticise them until we know what the reason is for the turnaround. It may be that there is a one-off exceptional item that has caused the increase. The real measure is what is their financial performance on a normalised operating basis. For all we know they may have been running at an operating loss and the figures have been skewed by a one-off gain for the year. Hopefully that isn't the case, but its like Leeds recently announcing a

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Dally nobody can really praise or criticise them until we know what the reason is for the turnaround. It may be that there is a one-off exceptional item that has caused the increase. The real measure is what is their financial performance on a normalised operating basis. For all we know they may have been running at an operating loss and the figures have been skewed by a one-off gain for the year. Hopefully that isn't the case, but its like Leeds recently announcing a