What should the referee have done?

What should he have done?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Pick three - One for Radford, one for Bailey, and one for the penalty.

• Radford red
    • Radford yellow
    • Radford nothing
    • Bailey red
    • Bailey yellow
    • Bailey nothing
    • Penalty - Hull
    • Penalty - Leeds

It doesn't really matter what 9/10 on here think because 9/10 are talking complete bollards.

Fantastic. The minority are clearly always in the right, the vast majority, clearly always in the wrong, including Jonathon Davies and Dave Woods, professionals who clearly know nothing about the game in spite of having watched it for years and having played it to test match level, in Davies' case.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radford yellow

Bailey red

Leeds penalty

For the fight, both should have got a yellow, but Baileys blatant attempt to head-butt Sean Long was disgraceful in itself, but to not even get sin binned by Smith was an outrage.

Leeds penalty for the punching.

Cummins Out.

I think the ref got it absolutely right - you canot come up swinging for no reason simple as that.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

You are Brian McClennan and I claim my

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

While I take the point that predetermined judgement can come into play when Bailey is involved, the reason for this in the first place is because he's such a dirty nasty player.

I also take the point about it being completely inappropriate to punch a player who's not in a position to defend themselves, however I don't believe that Radford's act was cowardly, it was a spontaneous reaction to taking elbows to the head. When the Leeds players came in, notice that not one of them had a pop at Radford, they just held him back. If he had behaved as outrageously as some are suggesting then don't you think their reaction would have been a bit stronger? Brent Webb was stood there laughing!

If Bailey does such things week in week out and is allowed to get away with it then players are potentially going to take it on themselves to sort him out and I think that's partly what we saw. I wouldn't describe Radford as a pseudo-hardman either as such, it's Bailey who deserves that tag as he's proved time and again.

I wouldn't describe Radford as a pseudo-hardman either as such, ..........................

Interesting to read that this was the first time that he has been sent off in 13+ years, so his record to date should stand him in good stead. SoS I predict.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just ask yourselves what the outcome should have ben if Radford was on the floor and it was Bailey chucking those punches - I feel many peoples opinions would change

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger

I can't stand Bailey, however I find some people's responses on here a touch laughable.

Firstly, the elbows really weren't that bad. He was using his arms to try and get away from a player who was trying to dominate him. Sure I think refs could start to penalise this offence, but we see it most matches and players don't lose their heads like Radford did.

Secondly, people saying that Bailey was a coward and could have got up are talking nonsense. He was on the ground and took a good first punch, meaning the natural thing to do would have been tp ortect yourself, not try and get up and basically leave yourself open. Most times we see a player grab their opponent rather than throw punches back when a scuffle breaks out, yet they don't get branded cowardly.

I think Bailey should have been done a few years ago, and he is a nasty piece of work who loves the cheap shots. I like Radford, but the fact is he lost his head, and it cost his team.

I think he will get 1 match due to his good record, but if this was another player involved, we certainly wouldn't have had this thread.

I can't stand Bailey, however I find some people's responses on here a touch laughable.

Firstly, the elbows really weren't that bad. He was using his arms to try and get away from a player who was trying to dominate him. Sure I think refs could start to penalise this offence, but we see it most matches and players don't lose their heads like Radford did.

Secondly, people saying that Bailey was a coward and could have got up are talking nonsense. He was on the ground and took a good first punch, meaning the natural thing to do would have been tp ortect yourself, not try and get up and basically leave yourself open. Most times we see a player grab their opponent rather than throw punches back when a scuffle breaks out, yet they don't get branded cowardly.

I think Bailey should have been done a few years ago, and he is a nasty piece of work who loves the cheap shots. I like Radford, but the fact is he lost his head, and it cost his team.

I think he will get 1 match due to his good record, but if this was another player involved, we certainly wouldn't have had this thread.

Spot on from start to finish

Wasnt it refreshing to see Ryan BAiley getting put on his backside by one of the hard lads of the game...

I thought Bailey would have had a go back instead of cowering on the floor for all the sly elbows he gave radford... Notice how it all got split up and then bailey wanted some when there was 10 players in the way...

Bailey is just a soft muppet who only picks on wingers and does cheap shots... He had ample oppertunity to go toe to toe with radford....

I thought Radford getting sent off was very harsh. it was a sin binning at worse.

Wasnt it refreshing to see Ryan BAiley getting put on his backside by one of the hard lads of the game...

I thought Bailey would have had a go back instead of cowering on the floor for all the sly elbows he gave radford... Notice how it all got split up and then bailey wanted some when there was 10 players in the way...

Bailey is just a soft muppet who only picks on wingers and does cheap shots... He had ample oppertunity to go toe to toe with radford....

I thought Radford getting sent off was very harsh. it was a sin binning at worse.

Great post - can;t believe this incident hasn;t been mentioned already

RFL Press Release: Radford to face RFL Disciplinary Committee

Hull FC second row Lee Radford will appear before the RFL Disciplinary Committee on Tuesday following an incident in Round 27 of the Engage Super League.

Radford has been charged with a Grade A offence for punching Ryan Bailey in the 10th minute of Saturday

###### decision to send Radford off - runied the game (even if it now means Leeds have to go to the pie dome instead of having a cushy home game against the crusaders).

Should have warned Bailey for lashing out with the elbow, warned Radford for punching and put both in the bin for 10 to calm down. Penalty to Leeds though because its always the retaliator who concedes.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The issue is why does Bailey (along with some other Leeds players) get away with it repeatedly???

Get away with what ? Little cheap shots just like erm............joel tompkins.

Ryan Bailey represents the ugly part of the game, and players like him are the ones that put people off playing it.

Every team has one.You only have to look at lauaki at hull a complete head the ball.joel tompkins is another.

Fantastic. The minority are clearly always in the right, the vast majority, clearly always in the wrong, including Jonathon Davies and Dave Woods, professionals who clearly know nothing about the game in spite of having watched it for years and having played it to test match level, in Davies' case.

Don't mind dave woods but davies is just a welsh windbag & should be kicked off commentating duties & sent back to the valleys.

###### decision to send Radford off - runied the game (even if it now means Leeds have to go to the pie dome instead of having a cushy home game against the crusaders).

Should have warned Bailey for lashing out with the elbow, warned Radford for punching and put both in the bin for 10 to calm down. Penalty to Leeds though because its always the retaliator who concedes.

That's not the case, and hasn't been for years. The first offence is always penalised.

An excellent post at last someone who talks sense.

p.s i'm a leeds supporter & i can't stand bailey either.

Interesting to read that this was the first time that he has been sent off in 13+ years, so his record to date should stand him in good stead. SoS I predict.

Just wondering how many times has ryan bailey been sent off in his career ? Anybody know ?

Just wondering how many times has ryan bailey been sent off in his career ? Anybody know ?

Just looked through his stats back to 2003 on the Superleague website and it says he's had 4 yellow cards but no red ones. Radford has one yellow and obviously the red that he got on Saturday. We very rarely see the red card though so obviously it's hard to gain too much from that.