Wakey in bother again......

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wakefield do lose their franchise, will they be entitled to a parachute payment as were the clubs that have been relegated from Super League in the past? If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

I could see them being in real financial hot water.

As opposed to the real financial hot water they are in?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.

i think that the winding up order means that they already are...

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Statement by the Wildcats - nothing to worry about, everything is fine

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/2010/09/wil...regarding-hmrc/

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Do HMRC issue winding up orders just to decide how much tax is outstanding?

just found this :-

Wakefield Trinity have insisted that a winding-up order on the club that has been served by HM Revenue and Customs and is due to be heard at the high court on 22 September does not threaten their Super League future. Trinity said "the current action is simply a method of deciding [our] tax liabilities as there is a difference of opinion on the amount owed to HMRC by the club"

If Wakefield do lose their franchise, will they be entitled to a parachute payment as were the clubs that have been relegated from Super League in the past? If they do get demoted, and there isn't any 'compensation' from the RFL, I could see them being in real financial hot water.

I think parachute payments for clubs relegated from Super League ended some years ago. Huddersfield may have been the last club to receive one.

Edited by chrisl1

In the same way Rugby/football clubs seem to continually fail to pay their tax bills these days. So many clubs seem to spend their whole existence teetering on the edge of going under mainly due to sums owed to HMRC. For crying out loud run with some stability for once.

It was good to see Warrington declare a profit earlier this year, wish more clubs could do this. If they manage a profit also not just to spend it straight away, but to use it to establish a more secure financial future should the bad times come around again.

"Fev - It's life on the edge" LA'M Nov 06

"Ermm, I think it needs an x-ray!"

This is a blessing because the Wakefield patient is terminally ill, and it is going to make it easier for the RFL to just drop Wakefield from SL.

The stadium acceptable and finances sound cappucino sippers of Widnes are ready to replace Wakefield.

After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club.

Personally i can't see them dropping more than one Club.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

After the coup de grace the only difficult decision for the RFL will be whether either of the other problem wracked clubs Castleford (stadium) or Hull KR (finances) will be retained, or dropped to make way for a French club to follow Les Catalans (bottom of league, falling crowds) like Toulouse (no finances in place, less than average NL playing ability)

Just finished your post off to get it even handed ;)

Personally i can't see them dropping more than one Club.

They may drop one and have to replace another though! ;)

That said, I can't see another French club going down well at this point, travelling numbers to Catalans seem down, Harlequins crowds are down, will clubs want another team in the comp that results in an empty away end in the shiney new ground they've had to finance to retain a licence?

I can't see another French club going down well at this point, travelling numbers to Catalans seem down, Harlequins crowds are down, will clubs want another team in the comp that results in an empty away end in the shiney new ground they've had to finance to retain a licence?

I agree, and think Wigan, Wire & Saints will be rubbing their hands at the thought of 2,000 travelling Widnes fans rather than a couple of dozen from London or France.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Just finished your post off to get it even handed ;)

Not even handed at all Parky.

1. Catalans has one of the best core fan bases in Super League. 5,000 kept showing up for home games when the team was running last with nothing to play for.

When the team improves, as it surely will under new coach Trent Robinson, with exciting new players Ian Henderson, Lopini Paea and Ben Farrar, the local fan base will be augmented up to at least the 7,500 prior to Kevin Walters, and quite possibly higher given the new stand with enhanced view, enhanced facilities (e.g. restaurant), and increased ground capacity (11,000).

2. On what basis do you assert that Toulouse has no finances in place?

3. The "below average" Toulouse performance was not a reflection of the playing ability of the team, but rather the poor coaching ability of Gilles Dumas. But their Championship performance is irrelevant anyway. Once they join SL, as you well know, both quality of player ranks and of coach will be bumped up into another stratosphere.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Not even handed at all Parky.

1. Catalans has one of the best core fan bases in Super League. 5,000 kept showing up for home games when the team was running last with nothing to play for.

When the team improves, as it surely will under new coach Trent Robinson, with exciting new players Ian Henderson, Lopini Paea and Ben Farrar, the local fan base will be augmented up to at least the 7,500 prior to Kevin Walters, and quite possibly higher given the new stand with enhanced view, enhanced facilities (e.g. restaurant), and increased ground capacity (11,000).

2. On what basis do you assert that Toulouse has no finances in place?

3. The "below average" Toulouse performance was not a reflection of the playing ability of the team, but rather the poor coaching ability of Gilles Dumas. But their Championship performance is irrelevant anyway. Once they join SL, as you well know, both quality of player ranks and of coach will be bumped up into another stratosphere.

Incidentally, when is this new stand due to be completed? I haven't heard anything about it in a while or seen any pictures of the building work.

Hmmm - difference of opinion with HMRC regarding the scale of the liability.

I wonder whose opinion will prevail?

(Word on the street is that a figure of

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.