The TV Thread

You could call it Baking For Britain or something similar. Or to offset any whining, they could just do a Masterchef type spinoff of Masterbaker.

It's absurd that the producers think £25m per year for a show that was previously getting about £10m a year is anywhere near acceptable. Especially as it's the BBC's efforts at scheduling and promotion that's done as much for the show's success as anything else.

I have a feeling that unless the contracts are in place Channel 4 will back out and the BBC will agree a fee between £15 and £20M. They have seen the general public's reaction to losing the show so can justify the fee if anyone starts moaning.

Nearly as good as the innuendos in the actual show

They'd obviously be looking for stiff competition for Masterbaker, a contestant who can beat off the others while finishing in style will get the pleasure of a very happy ending.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Okay, Mel and Sue have pulled out, and maybe Mary and Paul will too.

But the dealbreaker is whether the Bake Off squirrel with the unfeasibly large conkers will go to C4 or not.

Dg%20squirrel.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mary Berry sticks with the BBC.  Is that the final blow for GBBO?  Can Hollywood carry this show on his own?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Can't blame him, he knows that he has to make hay whilst the sun shines. The media might turn on him though, which could be a disaster for him.

He is taking a risk, as I imagine that talented bakers with TV-friendly personalities can't be incredibly rare. And I'd suggest that he is the most replaceable of the four presenters.

Masterchef: The Professionals have replaced their main chef/judge/presenter twice and the programme is still successful.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

recently discovered MASH on true entertainment...........tv bliss, takes me back it does :biggrin:

Now that my dad's got to the point in his life where 99.99% of all TV presenters are unbearable for whatever irrational reason, M*A*S*H has become daily viewing for him recently.

It is good fun, but I do prefer the big-screen version to the TV series.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now that my dad's got to the point in his life where 99.99% of all TV presenters are unbearable for whatever irrational reason, M*A*S*H has become daily viewing for him recently.

It is good fun, but I do prefer the big-screen version to the TV series.

I'm not sure, been a while snce I seen the movie. Alan Aldas biting wit gets me every comment

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

I'm not sure, been a while snce I seen the movie. Alan Aldas biting wit gets me every comment

Alda's version of Hawkeye has some fast-talking and sometimes barbed backchat, but there's also a fair amount of obvious and/or weak jokes per episode too. But then the series did run for slightly longer than ever, so there was always going to be a fair amount of filler.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alda's version of Hawkeye has some fast-talking and sometimes barbed backchat, but there's also a fair amount of obvious and/or weak jokes per episode too. But then the series did run for slightly longer than ever, so there was always going to be a fair amount of filler.

It tailed off quite a bit towards the end becoming increasingly sentimental and shorter and shorter on laughs. Ran for at least three seasons too many.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

It tailed off quite a bit towards the end becoming increasingly sentimental and shorter and shorter on laughs. Ran for at least three seasons too many.

Easy fellas, am just getting reacquainted. So many I haven't seen and they aren't in order but it takes me back and I am enjoying them.

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Easy fellas, am just getting reacquainted. So many I haven't seen and they aren't in order but it takes me back and I am enjoying them.

Sorry, wasn't trying to spoil your fun. I used to love the show when it first came out, rarely missed an episode. I imagine I'd still enjoy it now.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Isn't that the same channel that ran Avengers repeats for a while?

Diana Rigg, eh... oh boy!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Isn't that the same channel that ran Avengers repeats for a while?

Diana Rigg, eh... oh boy!

yeah, still do, right after mash. Acting and storylines to die for :no:

Edited by GURNER