The TV Thread

Racer snakes Vs Sea-going Iguanas on Planet Earth 2 (BBC 1 now). Absolutely incredible footage.

You'd think by now the BBC (and anyone else for that matter) would have explored pretty much every angle of nature, but this new series is once again pushing the boundaries of factual entertainment to new levels.

Penguins surviving the roughest seas, walking 2 miles with broken limbs/seeping wounds to feed their young, Iguanas hatching on beaches and having an immediate life or death pursuit to escape the predatory snakes in order to get to the relative safety of the rocky outcrop, and sloths swimming!

Take a bow BBC....

Truly amazing.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

BBC4 and Rich Hall combine agin for another great programme.  

Rich Hall's Presidential Grudge Match, was funny and informative.  

His other programmes on the wild west, etc were also great.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

BBC4 and Rich Hall combine agin for another great programme.  

Rich Hall's Presidential Grudge Match, was funny and informative.  

His other programmes on the wild west, etc were also great.

Rich has also been doing a weekly show about the election on Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080z2zd/episodes/downloads

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet Earth II hit the heights again!

Our cat spent the entire hour staring at the telly, bounced up and down a couple of times when the snow leopards were on and promptly collapsed into sleep as soon as the Diaries section started.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Eagles fighting, flamingos strutting and baby Nubian ibex doing parkour! Amazing programme!

I felt sorry for the fox. He saw all those tasty looking Ibex coming his way and thought it was lunchtime. Then instead of just running away, they ran away... straight up the side of a cliff!

The poor fox ended up with a distinctly Wile E.Coyote expression on its face.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm a celeb is back.  I'm not a veggie, but is eating live animals for entertainment still a good thing?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

This Peter Cook thing on BBC4 has some unearthed rarities!

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One thing about Westworld annoys me. They've got guys in fairly fresh-looking Confederate uniforms then in the next scene the piano player plays a Debussy tune written in 1905.

They have given reasons for the piano playing modern music.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I missed them. What were they?

They also have a machine gun in one episode from WW1

I presume because it's a theme park based on ideas of the West rather than a genuine recreation.

I am hoping I will get a Rachel Evan Wood "Dolores" playdoll for Christmas.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"It's also there to remind you that this isn't a Western, that this isn't taking place in the 19th century. It's taking place somewhere else — some time else," Nolan concluded. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I missed them. What were they?

They also have a machine gun in one episode from WW1

A gatling gun is perfectly in keeping with the era.  Was used from 1860's to early 1900's.

But its only a tv programme.

One thing about Westworld annoys me. They've got guys in fairly fresh-looking Confederate uniforms then in the next scene the piano player plays a Debussy tune written in 1905.

The piano has played paint it black and a load of radio head so I don't think it's a research error. If it is they are way off.

'The Grand Tour' is pretty much what you'd expect - 'Top Gear' part II.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm a celeb is back.  I'm not a veggie, but is eating live animals for entertainment still a good thing?

Not owning a television or reading The Sun or Daily Mirror, I have just realized that Danny Baker is taking part. He is one of my favourite radio broadcasters.

I thought he wouldn't t stoop as low as this but I suppose bills have to be paid somehow. How is he doing by the way?