The TV Thread

That said, I haven't heard much original thought yet from the various interviewees.

I'd have to agree. I quite like Paul Morley but he was in serious danger of disappearing up his own backside.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

This was, by BBC4's standards, a poor effort. No new input from the band members, just some hired mouths rehashing clichés.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This was, by BBC4's standards, a poor effort. No new input from the band members, just some hired mouths rehashing clichés.

They were coming thick and fast too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Catastrophe

Channel 4. Really good.

Sharon Horgan.

Catastrophe. Really, really good.

Let's be honest.

Sharon Horgan.

Catastrophe. Really, really hot.

B)

just sticking to the show, i think the first couple of episodes have been excellent. Extremely sharp writing with both main characters really likeable, which is important with sharp and sarcy comedy.

Enjoyed 'Inside the Commons'.

Nothing earth shattering but a nice insight.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Remember the launch of LondonLive TV? No, of course you don't. Anyhoo, it was supposed to be the painfully hip televisual face of the urban cutting edge.

In other words, they were skint and it all looked like the work of unpaid media studies interns.

Right now on that channel, less than a year later? 'Miss World 2014' is finishing, to be followed by 'Miss Universe 2014'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Remember the launch of LondonLive TV? No, of course you don't. Anyhoo, it was supposed to be the painfully hip televisual face of the urban cutting edge.

In other words, they were skint and it all looked like the work of unpaid media studies interns.

Right now on that channel, less than a year later? 'Miss World 2014' is finishing, to be followed by 'Miss Universe 2014'.

We have Made in Leeds here - it's awful!

Bloody hell, it makes Eurovision look understated! Shiny women in insanely mutated national costumes screech their names and countries, while an out-of-tune salsa track bongos along dementedly in the background.

Meanwhile, an audience of suspicious-looking swarthy types try to 'parTAY'.

Where's Eric Morley?

Now they are taking turns to tell the world, sorry universe, that they want to bring about world peace and work with children and fluffy animals.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thoroughly enjoying Smiley's People on the Iplayer.  What a cast.

And just discovered that Sara Martins has left Death in Paradise.  I'm utterly bereft.

There are some other things that she has appeared in, some of which are <ahem> quite revealing...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Written by Guardian readers for Guardian Readers.

Not clever enough to be thought-provoking.

It seems lots of people have had humour failures over this.  Just treat it as a humorous skit and you'll enjoy it, treat it as a serious programme and you'd see nothing but weak writing.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It seems lots of people have had humour failures over this.  Just treat it as a humorous skit and you'll enjoy it, treat it as a serious programme and you'd see nothing but weak writing.

Yes, but Channel 4 set the tradition of top class comic parody with the Comic Strip shows and, like all top parodies, they incorporated a degree of affection for their targets. This one didn't have any. It might as well have been written by a committee of Miliband policy wonks. Or Alistair Campbell.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

'House of Fools' last night - very silly indeed. :D 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

'House of Fools' last night - very silly indeed. :D

Yes! Love this show - went to see a couple of this most recent series being filmed - an absolute joy to see Vic & Bob up close.

The Jeremy "Clakson" lookalike had me howling last night! (Although The Bradford Butcher sounded suspiciously like he was from St Helens...!)

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Yes! Love this show - went to see a couple of this most recent series being filmed - an absolute joy to see Vic & Bob up close.

The Jeremy "Clakson" lookalike had me howling last night! (Although The Bradford Butcher sounded suspiciously like he was from St Helens...!)

Better than the first series (so far at least), which I also enjoyed.

Morgana Robinson was apparently only called upon originally to read through the female characters' parts when Vic'n'Bob were working on the project, but got cast because she was so right for the part of Julie.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A couple of gems last night on BBC4

The Nation's Railway: The Golden Age of British Rail

Cosmonauts: How Russia Won the Space Race

They really do these old archive based documentaries very well.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A couple of gems last night on BBC4

The Nation's Railway: The Golden Age of British Rail

Cosmonauts: How Russia Won the Space Race

They really do these old archive based documentaries very well.

Watched both of those. They were top class TV. Some of the first hand accounts from the veteran cosmonauts were mind boggling.

Better than the first series (so far at least), which I also enjoyed.

Morgana Robinson was apparently only called upon originally to read through the female characters' parts when Vic'n'Bob were working on the project, but got cast because she was so right for the part of Julie.

Really enjoyed this week's dose of silliness. Morgana Robinson is excellent as Juile.

Edited by Ullman

Watched both of those. They were top class TV. Some of the first hand accounts from the veteran cosmonauts were mind boggling.

I couldn't make up my mind if they were very brave or very foolish; probably a bit of both.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I couldn't make up my mind if they were very brave or very foolish; probably a bit of both.

Not that they were reckless men but their own safety did seem some way down their list of priorities.