Football

5 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

Ah, so 45 spectators 

No. To go back over it again, home crowds for Hastings women that I've been at have ranged from around 60-70 to around 300, usually nearer the 120-150 mark.

I'm not sure how else to explain it nor why it's so fascinating for you in Padstow.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

No. To go back over it again, home crowds for Hastings women that I've been at have ranged from around 60-70 to around 300, usually nearer the 120-150 mark.

I'm not sure how else to explain it nor why it's so fascinating for you in Padstow.

We can count, without using our fingers, & toes, unlike Sussex.

Just now, CornwallRL said:

We can count, without using our fingers, & toes, unlike Sussex.

The evidence of the recent posts on this thread suggests otherwise.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Great win for the Tics last night, Shrewsbury were unlucky not to pick up a point but you have to play the full 90mins and not switch off. Doncaster look doomed unless they can get Mac Murphy from Murphy’s Mob too save them.
Everywhere you go everything you see, some people say it’s a tragedy. 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

looks like a premier league penalty day - many of them dubious

Coincidentally all for the big 4 sides and all game changing.

None of them would have been given the other way. Certainly I can't ever remember a day when all of the top teams had important penalties against them.

I know people say the big clubs attack more, but it certainly wasnt the case in the Man Utd v Norwich game, where De Gea was man of the match. 

I think the referees subconciously feel comfortable awarding the top sides penalties as they know there will be little outrage. 

On 11/12/2021 at 23:46, GUBRATS said:

So Mr Aubameyang , has been dropped for Arsenal , apparently for flying to Barcelona to get a tattoo 

person who I hold in very low esteem 

He's typical of one of the sort of characters Arsenal have recruited in the past 10/12 years.

On 11/12/2021 at 23:46, GUBRATS said:

So Mr Aubameyang , has been dropped for Arsenal , apparently for flying to Barcelona to get a tattoo 

person who I hold in very low esteem 

is it a nice tattoo though?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

14 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Rather them than me. 

Different sport, I know, but I used to play Ice Hockey, when I briefly lived just outside Newcastle, and after we got beat 0-12 @ Bournemouth we had a 14 hour coach journey back.

After that the English Hockey League divided the 2nd tier into North & South. 

2x Drivers, doing 3 hours each, stops at service stations were mad runs to the loo's, & food when they were open.

Bournemouth were due to play a 2-leg tie with Dundee. Both sides refused to travel.

On 15/12/2021 at 21:17, Josef K said:

I wouldn’t fancy being one of those 600 and odd Ipswich fans who have made the long journey up to Barrow tonight if they lose. 

Can you imagine what it was like before the M62 (Yes, there was a time before the M62, or any motorway), if one of the Hull teams had to play Liverpool Stanley, or Warrington, or a semi final at Swinton? 30k spectators + all trying to get on the railway trains, without Health & Safety Regs?

Edited by CornwallRL

6 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

Can you imagine what it was like before the M62 (Yes, there was a time before the M62, or any motorway), if one of the Hull teams had to play Liverpool Stanley, or Warrington, or a semi final at Swinton? 30k spectators + all trying to get on the railway trains, without Health & Safety Regs?

It’d be crazy.