Leigh Fans Welcome FuiFui

B7Qh2q8IUAE_iu7.jpg

Brilliant night tonight at LSV with a truly great bloke, sold out introduction event - supper, interviews, q&a, and opportunity to meet the man, get your photos took and shirts signed. The amount of time he took to talk and accommodate fans was fantastic

This bloke is a pr dream, and sincere with it - welcome to Leyth Fui and this season will be very special

Good stuff - he could be more useful off the field than on, if Leigh are smart.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He will be more than useful in both areas, he flew in last week then flew to Lanzarote the next day to meet up with the rest of the team on warm weather training, he was part of the close knit squad we have within hours and loved the craic. He is not here for a jolly thats for sure, he is here representing his nation with a point to prove. He has bought in to what Leigh are about and I cannot wait to see what unfolds

I was there also, good night and well supported.

He clearly did not grasp (obviously no one has told him) what it means to Leyther's whenever they come face to face with the inhabitant's of Pieland just down the road, he will, come Sunday.

Love the Smash.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Hate to be the one to say it but has anyone told him they don't normally get crowds anywhere near that for the world cup game of which he talks so highly?

Hope he's not too disappointed - or even better that more (and new) Leigh fans do start packing it out a bit more to enjoy watching them.

Hopefully with the competitive lineup in that division this year it will go from strength to strength on and off the field.

I am hopeful on the crowd front especially if we get a flyer against Bradford when I believe 6-7000 will be on. Season tickets will be around 1500 against 700 last year, sponsorship is through the roof and I couldnt get a box for the Bradford game 3 days after the fixtures came out and we have 22 of them

I think that the signing of Fui by Leigh has probably been the most astute signing by any club during this off-season. As mentioned above, if his marketability, personality and charisma are matched by his on-field performance then who wouldn't want to take a trip down to LSV on a regular basis!

It is very unlikely that Leigh or anyone else will be promoted under this system. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Well Leigh have got more chance of promotion than they had previously. I'm not a Leigh fan, I'm a Salford and RL fan, and would love to see them up there again.

great stuff,cant wait to see the fella run down our slope.. :bb:  great for the game and i for one cant wait to see him in action again. we need more a the same please to showcase our great game.all the best for 2015 season.

well it would have been nice to have got to two pages before the repetitive gang got involved

Hey,we got to 8 replies, that's pretty good going for here of late.

Its great to see this kind if thing, he will be a big hit off the pitch for certain if used correctly. I'm already looking forward to seeing towns new prop fifita's clash with him at Derwent park.

Worth mentioning that last night's do as a fiver apiece so would have been a nice little earner I'm sure. Fui's son Sonny was introduced on stage as well...he's only 13 and already an inch or two taller than his dad!

Pasties were good as well!

They're giving you pastry with your lobbies these days! Impressed

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Good luck to Leigh and Fui Fui this season. Be great to see Leigh back in the top flight again.

I wonder if Fui Fui will stay another year if Leigh do get promoted.

His contract has an option of a second year so it certainly can't be ruled out.

It would be great for Leigh if he did stay another year, even if they don't get promoted.

Hey,we got to 8 replies, that's pretty good going for here of late.

Its great to see this kind if thing, he will be a big hit off the pitch for certain if used correctly. I'm already looking forward to seeing towns new prop fifita's clash with him at Derwent park.

Well he made a quiet debut but the crowd loved him,he couldn't get off the pitch at the end with people wanting pictures and autographs so the marketing so far has worked a treat.

I dont think he's match fit yet but when he is i reckon theres going to be fireworks all over the place so definitely a game not to miss when Leigh come to your place

Archived