Mark Aston - Rugby League Police

London Dick

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is he complaining about in League a Express this week?

Who hasn't paid one of his players from last year whilst signing star players?

He's never liked Fev and the feelings mutual never seen a player pinch a wage like he did when he played for us. While I don't condone any player not getting paid etc (that's if its true) you don't go publishing it you contact the people who were paying his wages and try and sort something out. A bit of hate and jealousy from mr Aston I think.

He's never liked Fev and the feelings mutual never seen a player pinch a wage like he did when he played for us. While I don't condone any player not getting paid etc (that's if its true) you don't go publishing it you contact the people who were paying his wages and try and sort something out. A bit of hate and jealousy from mr Aston I think.

Maybe the guys in question have tried to contact the people who owe them money but have had no luck and maybe Aston thought he might help them by practically naming and shaming. The story about Moore and other players after the Batley game saying they would start giving their all when they had been paid what they are owed is looking more and more likely to be true.

Maybe the guys in question have tried to contact the people who owe them money but have had no luck and maybe Aston thought he might help them by practically naming and shaming. The story about Moore and other players after the Batley game saying they would start giving their all when they had been paid what they are owed is looking more and more likely to be true.

Your a very big believer of rumours arnt you oxy lad? Do you honestly think players of wood carvell maitua etc would still be around if they were not getting paid? Come on oxy lad how could we keep signing players if we're not paying them. If you believe all the tripe that goes around then you will more than likely be wrong every time. Most of the tripe is just that tripe oxy but if you want to believe idol gossip you do that that's your own prerogative.As for the batley game maybe we didn't turn up etc etc but batley did and deserved to win the game as they played some cracking rugby and were deserved winners on the day. Also if your theory is correct what happened against York then? I take it they were payed what they were owed lol.

Your a very big believer of rumours arnt you oxy lad? Do you honestly think players of wood carvell maitua etc would still be around if they were not getting paid? Come on oxy lad how could we keep signing players if we're not paying them. If you believe all the tripe that goes around then you will more than likely be wrong every time. Most of the tripe is just that tripe oxy but if you want to believe idol gossip you do that that's your own prerogative.As for the batley game maybe we didn't turn up etc etc but batley did and deserved to win the game as they played some cracking rugby and were deserved winners on the day. Also if your theory is correct what happened against York then? I take it they were payed what they were owed lol.

Hmmm! Diversionary tactics if I ever heard them. There must be more substance behind these rumours than some of us believed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hmmm! Diversionary tactics if I ever heard them. There must be more substance behind these rumours than some of us believed.

BSJ if their is substance behind the tripe then its news to me. If I believed every thing I hear about Fev n put a quid on it actually being true I would be skint. It might be true BSJ but I doubt it very much myself as like I say I doubt players like Ellis etc would of stuck around for another year as I'm sure if their not getting payed they could terminate their contracts and anyone in our league would take players like Ellis etc so I doubt its true.

Aston is a very, very fine coach - regardless of his odious personality. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. The reason that he hasn't left Sheffield is due to trait that's rarely seen in modern sport - loyalty.

He's also absolutely intrinsic to their whole set-up - in similar fashion to a figure like Alex Ferguson during his time at Manchester United. At a much lower level, obviously.....

r02c.gif

As for the batley game maybe we didn't turn up etc etc but batley did and deserved to win the game as they played some cracking rugby and were deserved winners on the day.

This pretty much sums up yesterday for us against North Wales Gaz.

The serious stuff starts in 13 days. 

Andy, if he's that good a coach, how come he's still at Sheffield....ha ha!

Could have gone to London (Harlequins) when McDermott left for Leeds but he rejected. Could have left when times got tough last year, everyone knows he won't leave until Sheffield are in Super League unless he has a fall-out with the board. 

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

How long are they giving him?

As long as he wants haha! 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

Andy, if he's that good a coach, how come he's still at Sheffield....ha ha!

imo.....he's under no pressure to win anything at Sheffield....but get results from tight resources ( aka JK ).....not sure how he manages really....they must have very good sponsors....and maybe a good scouting system down under...including the whole southern hemisphere........

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

For me as a fev fan there is possibly no smoke without fire considering what went on off the field last season

however i dont think it really is any of astons business to get involved in - its a matter between club in question and player

I would be interested in hearing the response to Astons comments from said club on the matter

If it is fev (and all signs point that way) perhaps they could send the bill for sheff trashing the training rooms following their play off defeat along with all outstanding money (if true)

Nobody has said anything about players like carvell getting paid, as far as I know this is about bonuses that were promised from last season hence why it is only last seasons players kicking off. The bonuses that the Fev players got offered to win the Fax game alone was over 6 times what Fax were offering their players and it sounds like nobody has coughed up yet. I wouldnt blame Fev entirely though because the RFL should do something about it because when its announced that Fev had to take an advance in their money from the RFL and then with players going to the union they really should not be allowed to sign any more players until the money is sorted out. Might not be true though and could be just ex players spreading rumours.......oh and current players.

Nobody has said anything about players like carvell getting paid, as far as I know this is about bonuses that were promised from last season hence why it is only last seasons players kicking off. The bonuses that the Fev players got offered to win the Fax game alone was over 6 times what Fax were offering their players and it sounds like nobody has coughed up yet. I wouldnt blame Fev entirely though because the RFL should do something about it because when its announced that Fev had to take an advance in their money from the RFL and then with players going to the union they really should not be allowed to sign any more players until the money is sorted out. Might not be true though and could be just ex players spreading rumours.......oh and current players.

Like I say I don't know if its true or not but if it was me (if it is true) I would ask for a release in my contract as I'm sure its a breach of contract somewhere down the line and I'm sure the players who are involved would do the same if it was true. But none of last seasons squad have moved on only the ones we don't want and crossley (which we couldn't help) but you get my point they've all stuck around unless their playing for a FT contract next season which I think is the case this season but then again I don't know if this will come to pass either lol so basically like you I have no idea if the rumours are true or not but like I say I doubt players would stick around on false promises but that's just my opinion oxy.

A bit of hate and jealousy from mr Aston I think.

If what you think is marginally correct, it'll be more of the former than the latter. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

I don't know whether or not you also have the chutzpah to consider Iestyn Harris as 'a player to pinch a wage' but,when he went on to coach Crusaders it seems he was victimized

due to the historic debt owed to a number of players.( This was because they were still not paid.)

Can I now expect you to consider their expected response to the situation as being 'hate and jealousy' or will you get round to the idea that it is a fairly normal human reaction?

For me as a fev fan there is possibly no smoke without fire considering what went on off the field last season

however i dont think it really is any of astons business to get involved in - its a matter between club in question and player

I would be interested in hearing the response to Astons comments from said club on the matter

If it is fev (and all signs point that way) perhaps they could send the bill for sheff trashing the training rooms following their play off defeat along with all outstanding money (if true)

So you do not think it is the business of a head coach to be concerned about the welfare of one of his players?  Certainly a bit different.Wasn't that one of things Alex Ferguson was erroneously praised for?

Anyway,you can go to typing stuff on a public forum (making allegations - if true) and suggest a payment of monies - the irony is risible.

Aston is a very, very fine coach - regardless of his odious personality. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. The reason that he hasn't left Sheffield is due to trait that's rarely seen in modern sport - loyalty.

He's also absolutely intrinsic to their whole set-up - in similar fashion to a figure like Alex Ferguson during his time at Manchester United. At a much lower level, obviously.....

An odious personality?  From an individual who has typed such contemptible thoughts about Dave Woods and Marwan Koukash?

Rich;but why?  Mark Aston pointed out the injustice of the dual reg breach,and rfl response,in a measured manner and pointed out the injustice to a player and to the sport when a club retains money owed and spends other monies on big-name players.

Seems some parochial and prejudiced views have been offered. I am sure if I tried hard enough I would find criticism of the situation and response to the Crusaders situation - especially as Fev fans were so anti not so long ago to the club in south wales.

I am just surprised the wearer of the yellow vest - Keith Senior - who also criticized Crusaders,at the time they were liquidated,has not had the treatment yet.

John Kear is also renowned for backing players.Seems a positive personality trait to me.

I learn something new everyday.Fev and Batley fans don't put the best interests of players first.

Now I know why the best players are pleased to sign for Sheffield Eagles. ;)

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Angelic cynic if your comparing iestyn and Aston to pinching wages at Fev Aston wins hands down its a no contest. If Aston were as good a rugby player as he is a moaner he would of been a world beater probably best in the world. As for the eagles signing the best players I have no comment just I disagree lol. Don't get me wrong you find some good overseas talent but that's it. The eagles have been punching above their weight for quite a long time but now the salary cap as been increased I think this will be your worst season for years but time will tell I guess.

Archived