Wigan v Hull KR RL Cup Round 6 K.O. 8pm (Sky TV)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not funny but rather ironic and a sense of justice in what happened to Farrell.  He clearly, intentionally, went to take Dixon's head off and then took an elbow himself from a 2nd thug coming in to do further physical damage.  Suppose McIllorum suffering an arm injury too would have been one step better.

Well played Rovers.

He butted him in the face

then why aim it at a KR player?...

I didn't see anyone aim a head clash at a Kr player! Some people really do only see what they want. There was no intention to hurt anyone in that tackle.

He butted him in the face

Fair enough, a Butt injury then. :spiteful:

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

No one. Next.

So Micky Mac yet again was completely innocent. Yet for numerous plays earlier in the last 5 minutes, he charged from the line head high and missed. This time he caught a target. Mission accomplished. But it was Farrell.

He should still get 4 games for intent.

I didn't see anyone aim a head clash at a Kr player! Some people really do only see what they want. There was no intention to hurt anyone in that tackle.

if you come in flying (and high - otherwise there'd have been no head clashes) the way he did, he was looking to do some damage.....karma dictated that a fellow grub felt the brunt of it rather than the KR player

Did anyone see the error count after the match? Must have been very high.

The stats won't be pleasant reading for either team. Chris Chester can at least console himself with the final score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got it in one.

And reveling in players receiving head injuries is real classy.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

So Micky Mac yet again was completely innocent. Yet for numerous plays earlier in the last 5 minutes, he charged from the line head high and missed. This time he caught a target. Mission accomplished. But it was Farrell.

Wigan were how shall we put it ' over zealous ' in every tackle for the last 3 sets , it was up to the ref to judge what was and wasn't legal , he was happy , but Farrell was in real trouble , not funny in the least

Agree with this. Farrell was completely unlucky.  He's not my favourite player but I hope he is okay after what was a sickening head-clash.

For McIllorum - he is a thug; plain and simple. As people have insinuated he was launching for someone and ended up wiping out his unfortunate teammate.

"I don't want to insult the Australians (but) I am like, 'These guys are some damn idiots'. Nobody plays football without pads every week for three, four or five months and don't make any money. At least in the NFL, you are going to kill yourself and . . . you get to be a millionaire after it's over."

NBA legend Charles Barkley

What was that bull one of the commentators mentioned at the beginning about Shaun Wane saying he and the team were upset about disrespectful comments from Hull KR after Wigan beat them the other week so they're out for revenge. Comments like that (and he seems to make them a lot, are Wigan players feelings that easy to hurt?) make him look daft.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

if you come in flying (and high - otherwise there'd have been no head clashes) the way he did, he was looking to do some damage.....karma dictated that a fellow grub felt the brunt of it rather than the KR player

He wasn't going high though.

What was that bull one of the commentators mentioned at the beginning about Shaun Wane saying he and the team were upset about disrespectful comments from Hull KR after Wigan beat them the other week so they're out for revenge. Comments like that (and he seems to make them a lot, are Wigan players feelings that easy to hurt?) make him look daft.

Well, you wouldn't want people talking up the game, would you?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan were how shall we put it ' over zealous ' in every tackle for the last 3 sets , it was up to the ref to judge what was and wasn't legal , he was happy , but Farrell was in real trouble , not funny in the least

to be fair, the ref wasnt happy, he gave the penalty

Well done KR, hell of a recovery, easily the better team tonight. Wigan didn't play well because after that early onslaught where they decided to take two Hull KR just grew in confidence.

After that they didn't let Wigan play without harassment. Wigan were poor...

... because KR forced them to be poor.

Great game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Agree with this. Farrell was completely unlucky.  He's not my favourite player but I hope he is okay after what was a sickening head-clash.

For McIllorum - he is a thug; plain and simple. As people have insinuated he was launching for someone and ended up wiping out his unfortunate teammate.

I agree....and, for clarification, rather than "revelling in a head injury" I was revelling more in the situation.....that said, if you had to have a Wigan player feel the brunt of Micky Mac's careless technique, I'd rather it wasn't the likes of Burgess, Charnley, Crosby, Hampshire, Powell, Sarginson, Smith, Sutton or Williams who all seem like thoroughly decent, fair players

Well done KR, hell of a recovery, easily the better team tonight. Wigan didn't play well because after that early onslaught where they decided to take two Hull KR just grew in confidence.

After that they didn't let Wigan play without harassment. Wigan were poor...

... because KR forced them to be poor.

Great game.

Yep

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Entertainment yes

Skill no

We are in the entertainment business, some people struggle to grasp this.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived