Updated: The 2016 Squad

marklaspalmas

Don't think Colton Roche got a fair crack of the whip under Bastion,seem to remember he showed a bit of promise and looking back at an old topic he got a few good lucks.Must have been a frustrating time under that regime.So if his signing is confirmed let us see what he brings to the table now. 

Forza Fev

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bastian was a chap proven at his level. But just seemed incapable of making the step up. He was inept (why is nothing ever ept?)and well out of his depth.

Then you look at Rich Marshall.... same sort of pedigree. Arguably the coach of the year.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Bastian was a chap proven at his level. But just seemed incapable of making the step up. He was inept (why is nothing ever ept?)and well out of his depth.

Then you look at Rich Marshall.... same sort of pedigree. Arguably the coach of the year.

aye...and it shows how much is down to chance in this game. No coincidence former Fax players Harrison (to widespread delight from Fax fans) & Marshall ended up coaching them, with contrasting results...no coincidence either that ex-Fev players Bastian & Jon Sharp ended up with us, obviously it's too early to say how the Sharp era will work out yet. The truth is it's rarely easy to predict how coaching appointments will work out, especially with relatively inexperienced guys - our most successful coach of recent vintage by far had been languishing as "assistant backs and skills coach" at Leeds Tykes before joining us.

Turner thacko briggsy wildie n Davies amongst them?

Yep Robin, these 5 seem to be talked about a bit too much for it to be purely rumour only.

Steve makes a good point about Bozzy. It has all gone quiet, and, more recent quotes from Jon Sharp talk about him not being available for us until next season? 

Just a week or so to go before the merry-go-round begins..

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

......it shows how much is down to chance in this game......

Alex Ferguson is a prime example of that in sport: but for an unexpected win in an FA Cup game against Forest...........

.....our most successful coach of recent vintage by far had been languishing as "assistant backs and skills coach" at Leeds Tykes before joining us.

...and didn't exactly shine in his previous outings as a RL coach.

A fully fit Bozzy would be better than anyone we could bring him. His arm injury is unrelated to previous problems such as groin, so he might have a good year if he's fit for pre-season. Remember he missed most of last winter's preparation and Andy Hay only gave him very short spells early on because of this. Once he came up to speed though he was playing out of his skin until the cruel fracture of his forearm.​

Hope he stays, as long as we've got adequate cover!

So the season is over. Does anybody know who has officially left and who is coming in or is it still speculation+. If I am a bit previous have we an official date for an announcement of the overall position?

So the season is over. Does anybody know who has officially left and who is coming in or is it still speculation+. If I am a bit previous have we an official date for an announcement of the overall position?

Was said in next few days

Im Fev and im proud

Aye they can....

No player is ever irreplaceable....

I thought the same about nashy.... then we won the league...

I thought we'd never recover from the break up of that squad.... then we won the cup.... again!

Aye they can....

No player is ever irreplaceable....

I thought the same about nashy.... then we won the league...

I thought we'd never recover from the break up of that squad.... then we won the cup.... again!

I really hope we can but I fear that a lot of supporters will want success over night and it could take time

Let's wait and see who comes in before we get too up or down. We have some decent young players who have done well in the shield we just need to hope they can reproduce in the regular season albeit against better teams, much may depend on experienced players coming in. I am hoping for an upper mid table just outside the top 4 anything more would be a massive bonus!!!

For most of the season they had more money in terms of wages off the field than on it, either injured, suspended or waiting for visas etc, and yet they weren't far off finishing in the top 4, in fact I believe they would have if Sykes had kicked his goals against Dewsbury and Sheffield. A fully fit and available squad will do just as well, and isn't it about time somebody else had key players missing? look what happened to Leigh without Ridyard.

Your talking about players that could only manage 5th place, they can all be replaced by better cheaper players

Don't just blame the players they showed me on Sunday that they could play and if there that bad why are some going to clubs that were higher placed than us

Don't just blame the players they showed me on Sunday that they could play and if there that bad why are some going to clubs that were higher placed than us

But they did finish 5th did they not?

I have seen some woeful performances this season.

Some players we signed simply weren't good enough.

I played as many competition games as liam walmsley!!!!

Youv just answered your own question, they can play when they want, problem is 90% of them far too inconsistent, as for some going to higher placed clubs well I cant fathom that one out to be honest because some of them I wouldn't pay in weshers 

But they did finish 5th did they not?

I have seen some woeful performances this season.

Some players we signed simply weren't good enough.

I played as many competition games as liam walmsley!!!!

Liam Walmsley ain't on the list of those being released however.  :ph34r:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived