I find that very worrying!

I look at both the Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet memberships and wonder how many would politely decline to go through a DV check if they knew what it really involved.  Especially its concentration on any hints of dishonesty.

Edit:  Corbyn was given Privy Council membership and access to all briefings that Shadow leaders typically get almost immediately after his election.  I wouldn't have thought he could pass the most basic of security checks given his past.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you suggesting there is any comparison to Ms Abbott and a pigs head? :unsure:

At least he wasn't lecturing the rest of us on morality and fidelity a la John Major while he was at it. :rolleyes:

Though I've just thought, this could be Cameron's new take on Major's old policy. He's calling it "Back to Bacon"

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

@charltonbrooker on Twitter: Just to clear it up: nope, I’d never heard anything about Cameron and a pig when coming up with that story. So this weirds me out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I expect there's a large number of PR bods at Tory HQ trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

I expect there's a large number of PR bods at Tory HQ who are really not that pleased with their jobs today.  The better ones will see it as a perfect opportunity to hide bad news though.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I look at both the Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet memberships and wonder how many would politely decline to go through a DV check if they knew what it really involved.  Especially its concentration on any hints of dishonesty.

Edit:  Corbyn was given Privy Council membership and access to all briefings that Shadow leaders typically get almost immediately after his election.  I wouldn't have thought he could pass the most basic of security checks given his past.

Not sure what checks are made, there are different rules for MP's to the rest of us.  (email and phone intercepts for example).

DV was easy.  Not sure what you was worried about. :-)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

From the Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament FAQ's -

What security clearances do Committee Members hold?

Members of the Committee are subject to section 1(1)(B) of the Official Secrets Act and therefore have access to highly classified material in carrying out their work. (As Members of Parliament, they are not subject to the security vetting procedures that officials undergo in order to have access to such material.)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

It would be a brave No.10 official who came out on the Friday afternoon after a General Election and announced on the front steps: "Sorry all, Mr Cameron will be unable to take up office as his DV checks have thrown up evidence due to him putting his old chap in the head of an old pork chop back in the day."

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not sure what checks are made, there are different rules for MP's to the rest of us.  (email and phone intercepts for example).

DV was easy.  Not sure what you was worried about. :-)

DV is easy if you've nothing to hide or if you've had a boring life!  One of my cousins was in jail for attempted murder when I went through mine.  My grandfather was Yugoslav.  Another close family member had a well known gambling problem and was currently bankrupt.  That made for a very, very long interview.

One standing rumour that went around in army days is that if you're too boring then they'll just dig even harder to find something as everyone has something to hide!

One standing rumour that went around in army days is that if you're too boring then they'll just dig even harder to find something as everyone has something to hide!

The fact you have no red flags is a red flag in itself...

Anyone remember episode 1 of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror? Spooky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Anthem_(Black_Mirror)

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

A story Hunter S.Thompson once recounted: how Lyndon Johnson first got elected to Congress in 1948 when his opponent was a wealthy and politically favoured pig farmer: 'Lyndon was running about 10 points behind, with only nine days to go... He was sunk in despair. He was desperate... he called his equally depressed campaign manager and instructed him to call a press conference at two or two-thirty ( just after lunch on a slow news day) and accuse his high-riding opponent (the pig farmer) of having routine carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows, despite the pleas of his wife and children... His campaign manager was shocked. 'We can't say that, Lyndon,' he said. 'It's not true.' 'Of course it's not,' Johnson barked at him, 'but let's make the b*****d deny it.'

Straight out of the Saul Alinsky playbook!

Do you really think that if the story was true the photographs wouldn't have reached the public domain by now?

What, like those pictures of the Queen and her sister doing the Nazi salute for Edward VIII? Taken in 1933 and only surfaced this year.

And in the pre-digital era, once the prints and negatives are destroyed, a photograph won't be available again ever.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

David Cameron is scheduled to meet the Danish Prime Minister today.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived