Prediction Time

EQUALIZER

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6th

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

i think you should go well, with the pack that you've got

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

i think you should go well, with the pack that you've got

Rams/dogs  7th/8th any order. Chances of being fourth about the same as finishing bottom - neither likely, but neither completely out of the question.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Wrong imo. We have a stronger team than Fev Batley Sheffield and London, why can't we finish 4th?? Yeah London and Sheffield are full time but Sheffield may take time to gell and London will be pretty much same as last season

All opinion though isn't it. Personally, I don't think we look a better team than last year, although we are marginally better served at prop, so i don't in truth expect us to do any better than sixth. Batley are most certainly stronger this year, and I'd bet the dogs faithful wouldn't particularly want to swap teams with us. You would reasonably expect the four full time teams to be in the top six, Fax deserved their place last year and have strengthened - which leaves Fev. I'm not sure they have done recruiting yet, but in any case, if they get the promised quality from Leeds, they could be anywhere in the mix. So tell me Chris, apart from blind optimism, what makes you think we'll be among the front runners ? I'm open to being persuaded.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think you can finish above Fev but think Batley will go well too. You are probably looking at Sheffield, London, Fev, Dewsbury, and Batley all fighting for the last place in the top 4. If Fax slip up a few times they might be added to that mix as well. The middle part of the league is going to be real tight and teams will be desperate with the money involved.

Wrong imo. We have a stronger team than Fev Batley Sheffield and London, why can't we finish 4th?? Yeah London and Sheffield are full time but Sheffield may take time to gell and London will be pretty much same as last season

I may well be dead before we finish above Sheffield and yes, we are capable of beating all the teams you mention Chris, but I fully expect they will be more consistent than us.

IF we can match our performances against the 'top' sides, with similar displays against 'lesser' teams then we can challenge for fourth....... but poor displays like those at Hunslet and at home to Batley last year will see us finishing 7th or 8th at best...... Hopefully we can get 'up' for every game and play at a consistent intensity and level...............but that hasn't happened yet under Morrison's reign.

For me, 6th, but obviously I hope that I'm wrong and that we have ambitions to get to The Qualifiers, with the resultant Cash benefits that brings.

Like Therein73 says if we treat every game like we're playing Leigh or Bradford we'll be challenging for 4th or 5 the spot.last season we pushed all the top sides apart from Halifax at home,but the lesser sides we were poor.

Hunslet away lost.

Whitehaven home lost.

Doncaster away lost.

Workington home drew,& were lucky to get a of.

Batley home lost.

Thems the games we should be winning if we want to challenge the top 4.

Like Therein73 says if we treat every game like we're playing Leigh or Bradford we'll be challenging for 4th or 5 the spot.last season we pushed all the top sides apart from Halifax at home,but the lesser sides we were poor.

Hunslet away lost.

Whitehaven home lost.

Doncaster away lost.

Batley home lost.

Won't happen under GM. He's proved that already. We don't play the same two weeks running even with a settled team.

Hunslet away lost.

Whitehaven home lost.

Doncaster away lost.

Batley home lost.

Exactly we could have grabbed 4th last year.

Exactly we could have grabbed 4th last year.

Pretty much any team could say that. We weren't consistent enough by anybody's standards and that's two years on the bounce.

I can't see it being any different this time around but hope I'm wrong.

Archived