Prediction Time

EQUALIZER

Pretty much any team could say that. We weren't consistent enough by anybody's standards and that's two years on the bounce.

I can't see it being any different this time around but hope I'm wrong.

We were consistent ....   consistently inconsistent .... and if we had had a goal kicker all year things might have been different .... Only Semour delivered anything like!

So if Sykes and Reynolds can fix the goal kicking issues then who knows ... the tackling looks much better from what I've seen so far in pre-season ..  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much any team could say that. We weren't consistent enough by anybody's standards and that's two years on the bounce.

I can't see it being any different this time around but hope I'm wrong.

Thats why Fax ended up 4th. We had just one bad game all season before the 8's where we were really poor at Sheffield but other than that we had a chance in every game we played and even when we did not play well we were very tough to beat. Its the reason I think we will be in the top 4 again this year as i expect us to play pretty well consistently through the season.

Won't happen under GM. He's proved that already. We don't play the same two weeks running even with a settled team.

To be fair to GM it was hard for him to name same side every match as we suffered with injuries and lack of form in our key positions e.g. full back, stand off, hooked and loose forward. Only Thacks was a constant really, Wildie was a waste of space.

I think we will go better this season, GM has brought in players with experience and more importantly hunger. Our forward pack must be up there with the divisions best and if Kain, Reynolds, Sykes or whoever else may feature at half back then top four is possible, a big ask but possible. BTW if you are wondering what hunger sounds like just read the interview with Jack Teanby on Rams website - a coach's dream that one!

To be fair to GM it was hard for him to name same side every match as we suffered with injuries and lack of form in our key positions e.g. full back, stand off, hooked and loose forward. Only Thacks was a constant really, Wildie was a waste of space.

I think we will go better this season, GM has brought in players with experience and more importantly hunger. Our forward pack must be up there with the divisions best and if Kain, Reynolds, Sykes or whoever else may feature at half back then top four is possible, a big ask but possible. BTW if you are wondering what hunger sounds like just read the interview with Jack Teanby on Rams website - a coach's dream that one!

I can see Teanby being first prop on the team sheet this year. Nearest thing we have to Aizue for effectiveness, and at 19 he must have a huge future.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

To be fair to GM it was hard for him to name same side every match as we suffered with injuries and lack of form in our key positions e.g. full back, stand off, hooked and loose forward. Only Thacks was a constant really, Wildie was a waste of space.e!

Come on Kipper. Injuries were to blame for hunslet, Whitehaven? Workington? Doncaster?

Our inconsistency was extraordinary and although I would like to think we could go better this year we haven't changed coach and so I cannot believe for one min we will be any better this time around. If a coach can't his team up for every game for two years running what makes you think it will be better now?

Abit harsh on morro Nick! You make it sound like we'd a super star team last season and our coach is ! Let's see where we are after first 4 games. On paper should win all 4. See you all tmora. 26 seater booze bus setting off 11.15 tmora plus clubs taking a coach and then you lot in cars... Should be around 200 of us at Swinton tmora! See you there! The seasons back !!! UTR

Come on Kipper. Injuries were to blame for hunslet, Whitehaven? Workington? Doncaster?

Our inconsistency was extraordinary and although I would like to think we could go better this year we haven't changed coach and so I cannot believe for one min we will be any better this time around. If a coach can't his team up for every game for two years running what makes you think it will be better now?

Er, I believe I said injuries and lack of form but I agree we should have put out better performances against the team's you mention. I don't think you can lay the blame with GM totally as the players should be able to motivate themselves against the perceived lesser teams. I think he was let down effort wise by a couple of signings last year, namely Wildie and Fieldhouse. I sense a greater team ethic and hunger this season from our existing and new lads. Cheer up Nick, it's all good!

For all the hype, GM is a long way from the finished article, and realistically he will do very well to match last years position IMO. I'll wait and see how we go in the first four "must wins" before deciding if he is improving as a coach though. Equally realistically, providing The Rams continue to avoid relegation, GM will be the coach for as long as he wants it.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Think our greatest asset this year is also our greatest risk ......   We have a very large squad!!  keeping them all happy is going to be GMs greatest challenge ... he seems to be good at building team spirit ... but if you are the guy not playing it won't be long before the cracks appear ....  

For all the hype, GM is a long way from the finished article, and realistically he will do very well to match last years position IMO. I'll wait and see how we go in the first four "must wins" before deciding if he is improving as a coach though. Equally realistically, providing The Rams continue to avoid relegation, GM will be the coach for as long as he wants it.

There is no such thing as a finished article in coaching as you are always learning; I think GM would be the first to agree. Equally I expect GM will have the desire to keep improving and developing his own ideas.

Think our greatest asset this year is also our greatest risk ......   We have a very large squad!!  keeping them all happy is going to be GMs greatest challenge ... he seems to be good at building team spirit ... but if you are the guy not playing it won't be long before the cracks appear ....

Rugby League is a squad game and as you say team spirit is a vital ingredient so it will be up to GM to ensure that all is happy in the squad. I would say so far he had built team spirit. Also injuries, resting players and lack of form are all part of the game so chances for fringe players will arise if they are deemed match ready.

Nice little double the over the hill gang to keep Leigh to less than 20 and us to beat Swinton by 16 plus

Think doggies could win today ! If they hit the ground running and the pitch cuts up we might well get a surprise.

Think doggies could win today ! If they hit the ground running and the pitch cuts up we might well get a surprise.

You bettet belive it lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Today is what RL is all about, even Coolie could not believe it lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Won't happen under GM. He's proved that already. We don't play the same two weeks running even with a settled team.

Let's hope I am right again this time around. If we are consistent with Sunday's game we are in trouble.

I think you can finish above Fev but think Batley will go well too. You are probably looking at Sheffield, London, Fev, Dewsbury, and Batley all fighting for the last place in the top 4. If Fax slip up a few times they might be added to that mix as well. The middle part of the league is going to be real tight and teams will be desperate with the money involved.

You really are underestimating Fev arn't you ,we'll see .

Archived