Richard Whiting joins Leigh on two month loan deal.

Good signing for Leigh, I reckon, bags of SL experience and a great steadying influence.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-FC-Richard-Whiting-joins-Leigh-Centurions/story-28762651-detail/story.html

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm sure he'll do a great job for them - certainly calm them down and steady their ship.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

ANOTHER Leigh signing?

All seems a bit fishy to me.

Are they ignoring the salary carp?

It isn't a signing. It is a 2 month loan.

Also we have a very small squad this year. Just 26 players, some of them young kids with a handful of 1st team games between them such as Lewis Foster and Eze Harper who will not be on big money at all.

Compare that to Bradford who currently have a squad of 33 players and are still looking for a quality scrum half to add. 7 extra players that they have provides them with much more depth. We have gone the other way, trimmed our squad right down and gone for quality over quantity at the expense of squad depth. We now have a few injuries (all 4 centres are out) so need some cover from a loan deal. Maybe not having a large squad will come back to bite us if our luck with injuries carries on but that is the risk we are taking.

The salary cap has also increased massively as mentioned previously so we are fine in terms of cap space.

There is no salary cap anymore, well there is it's the same as SL without the sky money to fund it so if you want to spend it you post the cash with RFL

Another contradictory statement - well done

There is a salary sap and it isn't the same as the one in SL

Do Leigh need him? In terms of the level of dominance they should have squad wise.

Wakey in the other hand ge may have been a decent option for.

Worthington, Armstrong and Tonga all injured, and Pala released (also injured) has left us short of centres, so yes, 

Do Leigh need him? In terms of the level of dominance they should have squad wise.

Wakey in the other hand ge may have been a decent option for.

He may have been a decent option for Wakey, but would Wakey have been a decent option for him? It would depend on what his expectations are. Is he just keeping match fit, or is he looking for a new SL contract?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

" Everyone I have spoken to about him says he is a great professional and low maintenance and the more people like that we have around the club the better.''

It seems Mr Jukes is keen to have someone low maintenance.It may make a pleasant change.

http://www.leighjournal.co.uk/sport/leighcenturions/14286948.Leigh_Centurions_sign_Richard_Whiting_on_a_two_month_loan_deal/?ref=rss

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

" Everyone I have spoken to about him says he is a great professional and low maintenance and the more people like that we have around the club the better.''

It seems Mr Jukes is keen to have someone low maintenance.It may make a pleasant change.

http://www.leighjournal.co.uk/sport/leighcenturions/14286948.Leigh_Centurions_sign_Richard_Whiting_on_a_two_month_loan_deal/?ref=rss

Has that stand sunk yet?

We are missing Ridyard, Dixon, Beswick, Tonga, McNally, Armstrong, Barlow and Pala for Sunday and Worthington and Maitua are still not 100% certain to play despite being named in the 19 man list. With a very small squad and without the dubious 'luxury' of a DR arrangement with Leeds like your mob have I am not surprised we have looked to a loan to make up the numbers. With so many centres injured Whiting should provide just what we need.

Archived