12-13 Mar: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 12th MARCH

London Skolars v Oxford KO 6pm

Toulouse Olympique  XIII v Hemel Stags KO 6.30pm

SUNDAY 13th MARCH

Barrow Raiders v Hunslet Hawks KO 3.30pm 

Coventry Bears v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm

Keighley Cougars v Doncaster KO 3pm

Newcastle Thunder v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm

Skolars, Toulouse, Barrow, Rochdale, Keighley. Now the tricky one - Andy Mousdale, Steven Wild and Stuart Reardon have all signed new contracts for this season with the Cru, so we've at least a chance of putting a decent team on the park so I'll go out on a (very dodgy looking) limb and say Crusaders. Oh, and Gloucester to beat the Scorpions on Wednesday to complete the round.

Early start tomorrow to Toulouse.Making sure we won't miss the game by arriving 32 hours beforehand.I foresee a hangover ahead.

As for the rugby I expect us to get walloped by a much stronger team but one lives in hope

Elsewhere will be interested in seeing how misfiring Thunder & crisis club Crusaders get on against each other,could be a good pointer for the months ahead

Early start tomorrow to Toulouse.Making sure we won't miss the game by arriving 32 hours beforehand.I foresee a hangover ahead.

As for the rugby I expect us to get walloped by a much stronger team but one lives in hope

Elsewhere will be interested in seeing how misfiring Thunder & crisis club Crusaders get on against each other,could be a good pointer for the months ahead

Try to avoid the whisky starters at the pre-match banquet. I was timekeeper last week and for the first time in my life I added water to my whisky just to try and stay sober.

If your staying at the Novotel take you own drink in with you.

You'll have a great time, they certainly made us welcome last week.

Enjoy!!!!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Enjoy.

rldfsignature.jpg

Try to avoid the whisky starters at the pre-match banquet. I was timekeeper last week and for the first time in my life I added water to my whisky just to try and stay sober.

If your staying at the Novotel take you own drink in with you.

You'll have a great time, they certainly made us welcome last week.

Enjoy!!!!

just experiencing the €7 pint in Novotel.Well beware the whisky!

Oof - Toulouse 34-nil up at half time. It'll be a long afternoon for the Hemel players.

Skolars 10:0 up against Oxford.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toulouse 62:0 Hemel on 70 minutes.

Skolars 16:6 Oxford as the second half begins.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hemel kept it under a point per minute, but that's about all. Tough day at the office...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oxford making a fight of it, Only 6 points behind now.

22:16 at 73 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

26:16 at the hooter.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Odd game. Felt like London could walk it but ended up relieved we won. Oxford look a good team. Was blinming cold. More there than I expected at New River for a Sat KO including 20 ish Oxford fans. Due to oddities of L1 it is now a month to next home game!

At the final hooter:

Coventry 16:58 Rochdale
Keighley 28:44 Doncaster
Newcastle 20:24 Crusaders
Barrow 40:6 Hunslet

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A really exciting tussle at Newcastle yesterday.. and the win meant so much to the coach, the staff the players and the fans.

Many thanks to the Thunder fans a warm welcome as ever but their support for us as rugby league fans with our club in difficulties was heartwarming.

Archived