Dogs draw in thriller

Supertyke

I've watched the Dogs for a long time and I can only recall it looking fuller at the Donny game and when we played that Wigan team with Offiah etc.in the cup

I said that today, biggest crowd I had seen since Doncaster game. I estimated 3,500.

How many were Batley though and how many will be back against whitehaven on saturday... That's what we should be concerned about...

I think we can pull people in with the rugby were playing

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Some faces I havent aeen since the sheffield final or widnes nr cup never mind boxing day!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Looked like Scott to me but my apologies to him if I was wrong.i wasnt criticising him in any way though.just commenting on his fantastic and consistent performances.

He's so solid n consistent,gives everyone in front of him total confidence. Great signing.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Up for more controversy?

Bradford Supporters behind the sticks are claiming that Walker missed the last minute penalty to level the scores. The video clip they present as evidence however is anything but conclusive.

What do you think?

What do I think?

Squint-eyed bitterness from a few Bradford fans, that's all.

Ask the ref & TJs.

Failing that, read the papers tomorrow.

Read 'em and weep. :laugh:

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Thanks for posting the DVD.This is the only action  of the Dogs I can access  and it's great to see some of the footy  that is being dished up.There is  an air of confidence and team spirit about this team and it shows in their style of play.You at the Mount are in for a great season,enjoy it.

How good were our tries!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

How good were our tries!

I was discussing that during the match, particularly impressed with Ulugia creating tries as well as scoring them. Having said that, we made more mistakes in the first hour than the rest of the season combined yesterday, but agree, feels like a win!!

After an evenings recollection, it was another brave, gutsy and outstanding performance by a team who doesn't know when it's beaten. Bradford tried to take on our forward line and came second best as most teams do.

However, walking away from the Mount yesterday, we couldn't help but feel frustrated that we hadn't played to the highest standards we've set this season. That spell just before half time, and after giving away the second try, our shoulders dropped and we looked a bit ragged. I knew JK would lift them at half time and that we would regain that foothold, but those 12 points made the difference.

We have come such a long way in a short space of time that for me Bradford were there for the taking and am disappointed we didn't win!!!

Well done Batley again.

I think we can pull people in with the rugby were playing

Well if you don't get em back now you never will. Great result.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Whilst you can take it with a pinch of salt, Wikipedia states it's 7500. If it is right then there was near 6000 there today. Imo I would guess 4500. Whilst I can understand the bod under egging the attendance figures to some extent, I can't help but feel it does seem a little detrimental to our image and may put potential fans off coming to watch us when they see such low figures given every week.

So at 2742 it means that there were only 3 times as many spectators yesterday as last week against Workington.  Or to put it another way, if the capacity is 7500, then the ground was almost two thirds empty.

So at 2742 it means that there were only 3 times as many spectators yesterday as last week against Workington.  Or to put it another way, if the capacity is 7500, then the ground was almost two thirds empty.

I must be tremendously bad at guessing attendance size.  Whenever there's a well-attended game, I never seem to get even remotely near the published figure.  In answer to your comment, Fred, I'm pretty convinced the ground wasn't even HALF empty yesterday, never mind two-thirds!

Don't want no trouble honest officer but if there were 2600 against Leigh then there were clearly more than an extra 160 yesterday. The mysterious fumbler...I reckoned Ainscough dun it your honour. Seriously though, yes there was some poor tackling first half and we handed them their 1st and 2nd tries, which was clearly discussed at the break and we defended our line downhill for over 30 minutes. The old mentality of playing 80 minutes for the bonus point is back and that has seen us win 1 and draw 1 where we might have got 2 bp's before. It's going to take a very special pack to beat us in this league and I can't see one. A word for the ref yesterday....I expected Ben Thaler to turn up with a cocky Super League attitude and spoil it, but he handled everything very well, gave his own decisions instead of looking 'upstairs' for them and was worthy of the job, 100 per cent effort, would only take exception to 2 things; first I think that a Bulls man should have got a bin for taking Ainscough across the face early on when it looked as though he would score and just before half time when we broke their line on our 30:and again, I think Welham, dragged a man down round the neck to halt the break which should have been a bin for a deliberate professional foul. Hey ho!!

I was discussing that during the match, particularly impressed with Ulugia creating tries as well as scoring them. Having said that, we made more mistakes in the first hour than the rest of the season combined yesterday, but agree, feels like a win!!

Let's give Bradford some credit, DD.

Some of our errors were perhaps forced by a very strong and skilful opposition.

They ought to have won that match, but blew it by a forward pass at the critical time.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Let's give Bradford some credit, DD.

Some of our errors were perhaps forced by a very strong and skilful opposition.

They ought to have won that match, but blew it by a forward pass at the critical time.

I suppose l have higher expectations this season, but certainly either side of half time we seemed to lack a little defensive intensity.

What was clear though was that we certainly seemed to have better game management than them, with what seemed like a way of playing and a plan. They should have killed The game off but a combination of our effort and their basic errors meant we were able to pull it around.

I think it's very encouraging that we didn't put in our best performance of the season so far (because, although we were excellent in the second half, over the 80 minutes it wasn't) yet we still managed to rescue a draw against a decent Bradford side.  That really augurs well for the rest of the campaign. 

Archived