28 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoulder clashed with head. Then he ####### him again on the floor. Then gave him a mouthful.

Lovely chap.

What game have you watched, certauly wasn't the one going on in Warrington. Are you beginning to lose mate.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Clubb had no idea he was hurt, that was a fraction of a second of RL instinct to ensure the tackle was completed, but of course you actually know that.

He knew Lineham was hurt all right.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Meanwhile, we get 15 precious days before our next SL game. While clearly many classes worse than Wire, there are still some talented players, who may or not develop into very good ones.

Wells is only 18, but has had something of a baptism of fire. I think he could come back strongly.

Gelling and Bateman remain very watchable even in defeat.

We have no divine right to be one of the best teams, but even in that crushing defeat most of the players gave it a good go. I don't subscribe to the jam tomorrow idea, but with a new coach and a full quota of kolpaks and overseas players some of these young lads could come good.

Wigan were woeful tonight,they really are an average side,coached by a one dimensional coach who along with Lenaghan has seen a seriously flawed player recruitment policy erode what should have been a continued period of success started by McGuire.

Err, could lots of other Superleague clubs please acquire some of this Wigan averageness please. Perhaps this would increase the level of averageness, if 'twere possible. 

He knew Lineham was hurt all right.

Pointless bothering with you.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Err, could lots of other Superleague clubs please acquire some of this Wigan averageness please. Perhaps this would increase the level of averageness, if 'twere possible.

Wigan have a good habit of grinding out results, but they are not playing well. They have been in alot of games that they probably didn't deserve to win, but managed somehow to fall over the line, either by their own resilience or by other teams handing them it on a plate (Liam Watts quite literally threw away a point when we played them).

I do expect them to improve as the season goes on, but if their attack doesn't start functioning then they are going to struggle and it wouldn't surprise me if they miss the 4.

Wigan have a good habit of grinding out results, but they are not playing well. They have been in alot of games that they probably didn't deserve to win, but managed somehow to fall over the line, either by their own resilience or by other teams handing them it on a plate (Liam Watts quite literally threw away a point when we played them).

I do expect them to improve as the season goes on, but if their attack doesn't start functioning then they are going to struggle and it wouldn't surprise me if they miss the 4.

Wigan are only two points behind the leaders with some of the best players in the competition yet to come back.

I'll be very surprised if they don't make the top four.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If Wigan lose any more games Tony Clubb will be begging for another club to rescue him again.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Wigan may not be performing as well as they would like but they have had a lot of disruption by injuries which no doubt accounts for the lack of fluency. Do teams repeatedly win games they don't deserve? Not so sure about that. They are doing something right if they are in a position to win games in the last quarter.

Wigan have given game time to young and inexperienced players and come up with wins. Huddersfield have had a lot of injuries, played young and inexperienced players and, er, lost all bar two. 

that is correct, the wigan fans have never cheered an injured player and nor do most fans.dave t enjoy your win don't spoil it with stupid posts.

You are having a joke yes?

As has been stated already, it's a natural reaction for certain fans to cheer if it looks like an opposition player is struggling a bit. 

To say Wigan fans never do this is absurd. 

I saw Peter Spring get quite badly concussed playing for Hull at Wigan once, he kept trying to get to his feet before help arrived and every time he tried he fell back to the floor, the cheers from the Wigan fans grew louder with every attempt.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As we have a theme going, I remember going to the Boulevard and Widerspool. For those of you too young to remember, the crowds there would politely clap the opposition teams onto the pitch, and give bouquets of flowers to the opposition fans. Their good natured joviality put the snarling evil hordes of Wigan fans to shame.

Once I remember a small girl - no more than 5 - coming up to me wearing a top with "Boyd" on the back, and the crowd around me laughing as she spilt her ice cream...

The enduring shame will live with me to this day.

If I could work out how to use emoticons, I would do one of a horrible pie man, his face contorted with rage at this point. :)

Archived