1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given their record at Wembley, I think that's pretty cruel... :P

No I hope they go on and win it. 47 points are they that good or are Saints that ######.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

It must worry Saints fans how clueless their manager and senior players sound after these defeats.

Wilkin wasn't hurting

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

It must worry Saints fans how clueless their manager and senior players sound after these defeats.

Is it me or did Wilkin sound like he wasn't aresed?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Well I jokingley said on page one that if we won it would be because Saints were awful. Today they actually were.

I dont think Hull ever really got out of 3rd gear. We threw alot of passes on the floor, took a few wrong options, and lacked intensity in defence at times. But we were miles too big, physical and most importantly fit. Saints just got beaten up.

I thought the " at least we broke a record" response was poor.

he's smug and likes to portray himself as intelligent about the game, when all he had to offer was lack of posession!

I want to see players so knackered that they arent in a position to make smart assed comments.

Both he and Cunningham are seemingly stage managed but very poorly.

Indeed it does.  But it doesn't surprise some of us.  I never wanted Cunningham as coach in the first place as I remembered him in 2012 after Simmons was sacked and he/Rush filled in. He sounded equally clueless then.  However, Saints have an old boys' thing going on and until no fans turn up at all things will not change.

Saints' reserves thrashed Warrington's on Friday night.  Surely some of that team must be better than the shower who played today.

Cunningham does not want to play our young players, with the exception of Morgan Knowles who actually got his debut last season.  We have better wingers in the under 19s than Owens but Cunningham recruited Owens and so Owens plays regardless.

Indeed it does.  But it doesn't surprise some of us.  I never wanted Cunningham as coach in the first place as I remembered him in 2012 after Simmons was sacked and he/Rush filled in. He sounded equally clueless then.  However, Saints have an old boys' thing going on and until no fans turn up at all things will not change.

It looked a close run thing on tv.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

It looked a close run thing on tv.

I'm not talking about Challenge Cup games, although had we been performing to anything like our ability (bar one or two players, who don't have much ability) and with anything like the commitment my club was once known for there may have been more, but not a huge number more.  I doubt any club has had a massive turnout this weekend.

I'm not talking about Challenge Cup games, although had we been performing to anything like our ability (bar one or two players, who don't have much ability) and with anything like the commitment my club was once known for there may have been more, but not a huge number more.  I doubt any club has had a massive turnout this weekend.

The Saints - Catalan game was equally bereft of Saints supporters.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Shame for Saints.

For about five years, Wilkin's priorities have been, in order:

1. Trying to sound clever on TV

2. Trying to sound charismatic on TV

3. Trying to look tough on TV

4. Playing rugby.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

A pretty typical result for this stage of the competition then :)

A big well done to Hull, you were vastly superior to us today and worth every point of that win.

I'll refrain from saying anything else because there seems little point getting wound up stating the obvious tonight.

I would like to stick up for Mr Wilkin. While I was a vociferous critic of his selection for the national side, I think the game would be stronger if more players followed his lead in speaking their mind, and looking beyond the playing side. He may not be the ultimate speaker or innovator, but he gives it a go. His players' union deserved to succeed, and he clearly makes an effort to be engaging and well turned out in his media appearances. I am guessing it is very difficult to express yourself like a veteran - I recall years of Mike Atherton borefests before he got the hang of it. Not everyone can make it seem as easy as Clarkie. :)

A pretty typical result for this stage of the competition then :)

A big well done to Hull, you were vastly superior to us today and worth every point of that win.

I'll refrain from saying anything else because there seems little point getting wound up stating the obvious tonight.

There'll be better days. There is some talent in that squad. As a last resort, you could always blame a mystery bug...

Archived