Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 St Helens v Hull FC BBC TV 8 May 4.30pm

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

A pretty typical result for this stage of the competition then :)

A big well done to Hull, you were vastly superior to us today and worth every point of that win.

I'll refrain from saying anything else because there seems little point getting wound up stating the obvious tonight.

What I didn't know was that we haven't lost a home Challenge Cup game since 1995.  And Hull haven't beaten us in a Challenge Cup game since the ark took on passengers. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just come back from Dewsbury v Wigan, is this worth watching?

I watched it after getting back from Dewsbury - Wigan - I live about 10 minutes walk from the Dewsbury ground, so it was still going on while I was recording.

Saints were slightly more effective than Dewsbury.  But only slightly.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Pity Pritchard and Manu are missing, might have been a bit one sided.

The Pritchard family were on our coach. Great moment when Frank's missus got on the bus singing 'Oh when the Saints get beat by Hull'.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well, what an utter shambles that game was from Saints, totally clueless and disinterested for most of the game.

Fair play to Hull they were great and even if Saints had turned up I still think Hull would have won.

There's something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Saints and I suspect much of it stems from the coach. As great a player as he was Cunningham (and Long) look well out of their depth and have no idea get this team motivated and playing well. Most fans have bemoaned our lack of attacking flair but whats really killing the club is the schoolboy tackling techniques Cunningham & Co have the team using. Nobody is interested in bending their backs & tackling round the legs to put the man down. Instead KC just wants his players to 'bearhug' the opposition and wrestle with them. This is a technique that everyone else ditched years ago but we're persisting with it. Sadly the only people who cant see it doesn't work is Cunningham & Long.  

Its going to be a long season for us Saints fans and there's seemingly no end in sight unless McManus has the balls to ditch his coaching team - cant see that happening though. 

Its sad to see a once great team in decline - though I suppose it could be worse, we could be out the cup and bottom of the league like Leeds  ;)

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

That was a farce at half time, with neither club wanting to play out the last 45 seconds, and all standing around. The referee was unable to stop the clock, or penalise anyone, he was just telling them to get on with it.

Live on the BBC, both clubs should be ashamed.

Well, what an utter shambles that game was from Saints, totally clueless and disinterested for most of the game.

Fair play to Hull they were great and even if Saints had turned up I still think Hull would have won.

There's something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Saints and I suspect much of it stems from the coach. As great a player as he was Cunningham (and Long) look well out of their depth and have no idea get this team motivated and playing well. Most fans have bemoaned our lack of attacking flair but whats really killing the club is the schoolboy tackling techniques Cunningham & Co have the team using. Nobody is interested in bending their backs & tackling round the legs to put the man down. Instead KC just wants his players to 'bearhug' the opposition and wrestle with them. This is a technique that everyone else ditched years ago but we're persisting with it. Sadly the only people who cant see it doesn't work is Cunningham & Long.  

Its going to be a long season for us Saints fans and there's seemingly no end in sight unless McManus has the balls to ditch his coaching team - cant see that happening though. 

Its sad to see a once great team in decline - though I suppose it could be worse, we could be out the cup and bottom of the league like Leeds  ;)

Cunningham is no better than Paul Cullen - he just got lucky to win a Grand Final. Over time we are seeing his influence on the team, and that is inconsistent with the odd high.

Scott Taylor for England. A fabulous athlete and player, and would offer something different.

Wholeheartedly support... playing very very well.

Cunningham is no better than Paul Cullen - he just got lucky to win a Grand Final. Over time we are seeing his influence on the team, and that is inconsistent with the odd high.

He hasn't - it was Brown! ;)

You don't have to make your point stronger; simply watching Saints this season is enough... :D

I've watched a couple of their games. Very enjoyable. :)

Apart from the bloody HJ game... again!!!

IT' ALL SO DEPRESSING!  :cry:

Apart from not being a fan of Leeds.

Scott Taylor for England. A fabulous athlete and player, and would offer something different.

One of the few players Wigan have lost recently that I was genuinely sorry to see go. You could see loads of potential 3 years ago.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I had to laugh. On the BBC, JP mentioned 'game management' in his piece. He asked John Wilkin what his key thought where. 'Game management', replied John. Ok back to the studio.........Brian. It's warm today. where can the game be won? 'Game management', said Nobby.

He then must have said half a dozen times in the next couple of minutes. Suppose it's the logical step from 'they have to earn the right'!

Archived