Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Swinton Sunday 5th June 2016

No new injury worries AFAIK but Misi's got a two match ban so there'll be a reshuffle regardless of any axe-swinging JS decides to do.

Hopefully Bostock'll be back.

Long term casualties include Channing, Turner, Snitch, Day, Milner and Wildie.

Knocking on the door for a recall Tagg, Cooper and Johnson.

What's your 13+4?

Oof. That's a b ugger about Bostock. I thought it was just a last minute tweak that kept him out. A longer lay-off is a blow.

Ouch! Ever since he pulled up in the warm up before the 2013 play-off defeat to Batley we've always seemed to miss him every time he gets his annual long term injury.

Regarding Sunday though, the mindset of the players is more important than the team line up. With the right attitude they could pile up a big score, but they could easily lose without it.

Squad published on RFL website. Misi suspended and Abdull and Briscoe not included (whether dropped or unavailable I don't know). Backline seems straightforward to pick assuming Tagg will go back to centre (Craven, Johnson, Hardman, Tagg, Foster, Briggs, Thackeray). Bostock is in the 19, Ward presumably going to get another chance off the bench so Coventry & Cooper might be the two to miss out unless someone is dropped from the pack, or Bostock isn't passed fit.

Saw a tweet from Channing asking if anyone had a spare hammy earlier this week so wonder if he's had another setback?

I'm glad Briggs looks like getting the whole game at stand off. He's a confidence player and Sunday's game reminded me of the home game against Dewsbury two years ago when he was intercepted twice and missed a tackle and was promptly substituted, by the following week we had shipped him off to Dewsbury on loan (and brought in Harry Siejka!) and he ended up at Sheffield...he needs to be getting straight back on the horse this week, to me he has played his best rugby at Fev when he has been undisputed first choice at 6.

Suprised Bostock in there, hamstring had gone earlier this week by all accounts, appears not to be the case

Briscoe is in Leeds squad vs Catalans and abdulls loan has ended, we havent extended it or Hull have decided to keep him - that explains those two absences

I hope your right, hard to believe that he could play as poorly as he did against Fax.

Hard to believe any of them could.  I'm still shellshocked. They looked bigger and faster than us, and their defence was magnificent.  Let's hope it was just an aberration. Or the sea air.  Or Blackpool rock.  I can't remember the last time I saw a Fev team slaughtered like that.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

i think this week is more about attitude than anything else

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

24 degrees predicted for tomorrow afternoon. Could be as hot as Odsal last year where we trounced them because we wanted it the most. Anyone who's played in those conditions will know that any side that's not completely up for it will get trounced, no matter how good they are.

Here's hoping that last week's sorry performance will have shamed them into a determined state of mind hell bent on atonement.

no problem a win is on the cards after last weeks performance now my only doubt is cravens defending but once we win we shall probably tinker with the team again not due to injuries or performance but down to who we can borrow again. Let these lads play including baldy who is all but a fev player and stick with it.

no problem a win is on the cards after last weeks performance now my only doubt is cravens defending but once we win we shall probably tinker with the team again not due to injuries or performance but down to who we can borrow again. Let these lads play including baldy who is all but a fev player and stick with it.

yes I agree, craven a cracking attacking player, but dodgy under the high ball and defensively at fullback. Our attack has a diffrent dimention to it when hes playing so maybe play him at 6 and briggs at 13.Also Kyran Johnson has been getting better every week and doesn't deserve to be dropped when Briscoe comes available.weve got a great team spirit and think we have the character to bounce back in style tomorrow.

Why can't we put hardman at full back when we're defending and craven there when we're attacking. Simples

Because thats just idiotic chopping and changing the attacking/defensive line every minute

Archived