London (H)

Blind side johnny

Leaving the ground today, I commented to a couple of guys "Listen to Morrison on Radio Leeds -- he'll say the only time we played today, as he'd coached us to, would be when we scored"................... If you get chance to listen to his interview, that's just about what he said.

Unbelievable !!!!     Oh, and the ref let London get away with murder ("they were on top of us before we'd played the ball")

We have just lost AT HOME by 28 points against a well drilled but hardly spectacular team..........and, if they'd stuck to Rugby instead of acting silly beggars for the last 20 minutes, it would have been even more........Today was garbage - no other word and an attendance of 645 tells its own story. The standard of play we're offering right now is as poor as anything under Jowitt, the only thing Jowitt didn't have was a 2 year contract.

Is there any other reason for us to keep Morrison ???? 

Outplayed by a well drilled full time team with some impressive outside backs.

We are still too light in the pack. Why we try and run the ball on the 6th tackle rather than kicking I don't understand. We need to build pressure and be more composed near the line.

The referee let London gets away with a lot at the PTB, laying on, hands on the ball, not standing square and persistent offside which didn't give us much chance. We need to lay on more, it took the ref nearly an hour to start penalising London.

We need to make sure we avoid relegation, winning the Shield looks a very unlikely prospect. Not sure there is much GM can do, money talks. We need to go DR, not waste any money on a big squad.

Farrell is one of the sub's today,must be a quick healer.

Yes, apparently it was a broken bone in his arm rather than a broken arm!!   :prankster:  :prankster:

He made a big difference though.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Outplayed by a well drilled full time team with some impressive outside backs.

We are still too light in the pack. Why we try and run the ball on the 6th tackle rather than kicking I don't understand. We need to build pressure and be more composed near the line.

The referee let London gets away with a lot at the PTB, laying on, hands on the ball, not standing square and persistent offside which didn't give us much chance. We need to lay on more, it took the ref nearly an hour to start penalising London.

We need to make sure we avoid relegation, winning the Shield looks a very unlikely prospect. Not sure there is much GM can do, money talks. We need to go DR, not waste any money on a big squad.

GM had the whole of pre-season and an increased budget to recruit his squad so should be judged on what he has achieved with that. I was quite confused by his comments on R Leeds - does anyone have any idea what he was talking about?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yes, apparently it was a broken bone in his arm rather than a broken arm!!   :prankster:  :prankster:

He made a big difference though.

I think as piggys mate said regarding FAZ 'Nah he's just tough' and you're quite right BSJ he made a big difference. He just never fails to put a good shift in.

But what we must remember including the boozed up scrote who was lambasting the rams as they gathered under the post following a London try, is we were playing 2nd in the league, sure we could have done better but I'm glad I was watching and not bumping into that lot, they are a big squad and are not 2nd by luck alone.

We do have some good lads but today wasn't our day, sometimes that happens I mean look at England football or rather DON'T.

I think as piggys mate said regarding FAZ 'Nah he's just tough' and you're quite right BSJ he made a big difference. He just never fails to put a good shift in.

But what we must remember including the boozed up scrote who was lambasting the rams as they gathered under the post following a London try, is we were playing 2nd in the league, sure we could have done better but I'm glad I was watching and not bumping into that lot, they are a big squad and are not 2nd by luck alone.

We do have some good lads but today wasn't our day, sometimes that happens I mean look at England football or rather DON'T.

Oh dear - where was the *sarcasm imoji* when I needed it?

Faz was pretty ordinary today - he is keeping himself fit for his move across the valley.

We were poor today!!!  .....  London were fitter faster and stronger!!   .....   Sykes looks jaded, compared to how he was playing a few games ago ... is he injured?  

Cant believe i am saying this but we did miss Kain today!!  ...  Walshaw is a second row not a centre!! ... play him in the pack!! 

So my solution ..... play Golding at 7... Kain at 6 ... Sykes at 3 .. and Walshaw in the second row ( looks like Hale might be missing for a while) 

If we beat Worky and Swinton we will still finish 7th ... only one place worse than last year ..  

BUT.. i felt entertained last year!!!  this year its just frustration and disappointment!!

I think the issue is deeper than that.

It's the one man rugby that does my head in. Were so predicatable one man runs it in with none else running in support or dummy runners must be a dream to defend against.

So start running together start offloading and then we'll start to break the line and look dangerous and of course tire teams out rather than one man trying to run though the entire team no wonder we never break the line!

It must be hard being a halfback when there's no runners making holes and making the defence think rather than that our line just stands still making the half an easy target

Frustrating, oh and start getting off our line and giving the opposition some teddy would be nice aswell

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

I think the issue is deeper than that.

It's the one man rugby that does my head in. Were so predicatable one man runs it in with none else running in support or dummy runners must be a dream to defend against.

So start running together start offloading and then we'll start to break the line and look dangerous and of course tire teams out rather than one man trying to run though the entire team no wonder we never break the line!

It must be hard being a halfback when there's no runners making holes and making the defence think rather than that our line just stands still making the half an easy target

Frustrating, oh and start getting off our line and giving the opposition some teddy would be nice aswell

One of the many things that I found strange yesterday was the change in our attacking pattern. In the past we have been using (over-using?) dummy runners in alternate positions yet yesterday we didn't employ a DR once. Was this just because BG was at scrum half and didn't know these fancy plays or did the players give up on the plan?

I was also unimpressed by GM's comment that Andy Kain "phoned in sick" on the morning of the game. Is this normal?

We are all justified in expecting a big reaction to this display in next week's match and the game against Swinton. These results will determine our approach to the 8's.

One of the many things that I found strange yesterday was the change in our attacking pattern. In the past we have been using (over-using?) dummy runners in alternate positions yet yesterday we didn't employ a DR once. Was this just because BG was at scrum half and didn't know these fancy plays or did the players give up on the plan?

I was also unimpressed by GM's comment that Andy Kain "phoned in sick" on the morning of the game. Is this normal?

We are all justified in expecting a big reaction to this display in next week's match and the game against Swinton. These results will determine our approach to the 8's.

Thats the third player iv know pull out before a game due to been sick this weekend

Thats the third player iv know pull out before a game due to been sick this weekend

Perhaps there's a leadership challenge coming, it seems very popular these days!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Whilst GM had more money, other teams had even more money and DR players which allows you to have a smaller squad. London had a lot of new players compared to last season. Has John Kear become a better coach compared to last season? No he's just had a bigger player budget and DR and not spent any money on reserves.

I still think we could play smarter but we can't be expected to beat full time teams on a regular basis.

Whilst GM had more money, other teams had even more money and DR players which allows you to have a smaller squad. London had a lot of new players compared to last season. Has John Kear become a better coach compared to last season? No he's just had a bigger player budget and DR and not spent any money on reserves.

I still think we could play smarter but we can't be expected to beat full time teams on a regular basis.

GM has signed up to 30 odd players on loan or on deals.. Maybe if he didn't change the side every two minutes you'd jel

I know you get injuries but still he changes it every week..

GM has signed up to 30 odd players on loan or on deals.. Maybe if he didn't change the side every two minutes you'd jel

I know you get injuries but still he changes it every week..

Not currently true KTF. All changes in the most recent matches have been due to players being unavailable due to injury. We presently have an active squad of about 24 (many having left after the 2nd team was disbanded) of whom a number are injured.

I don't know about better but certainly wiser. JK seems to be one of those unusual coaches who can learn from his mistakes and not repeat them - who would have thought that might work?

Read YEP tonight and GM quoted as saying half the players didn't turn up. Well there didn't look to be any lack of effort, but lack of organisation, allowing the opposition to play the ball too quickly, lack of much plan near the line and far too much one man drives.

Blaming your players is what Warren Jowitt and Andy Fisher used to do, not sure it is a very motivational tactic.

Read YEP tonight and GM quoted as saying half the players didn't turn up. Well there didn't look to be any lack of effort, but lack of organisation, allowing the opposition to play the ball too quickly, lack of much plan near the line and far too much one man drives.

Blaming your players is what Warren Jowitt and Andy Fisher used to do, not sure it is a very motivational tactic.

Apart from Crookes and Dudzek who did ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think most would agree we have a fantastic chairman. His only failing for me is giving coaches too long. He did the same with Warren Jowitt and Andy Kelly.

Did anyone see in the paper that Morisson has been linked with the job at Mackay Cutters in Oz?

That's his escape route sorted, does anyone know what ours is from relegation?

rambo.gif

That's his escape route sorted, does anyone know what ours is from relegation?

Beating Worky and Swinton would be a good start ... which should be enough to give us 4 home games in the playoffs!! 

This season has been a real disappointment in terms of results and our lack of quality play .....  If we do avoid relegation, and I believe we will, we have to take an in-depth look at all aspects of our operation to ensure next season provides a much more entertaining product ......  

As Simon and Garfunkel sang ... try to keep the customers satisfied!!   

We narrowly avoided relegation and look how we bounced back from that with the same coach and with a majority of the same players!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I was unable to make the match (perhaps it was a good thing?), but I have not noticed anyone suggesting on here, any lack of fitness in that game, yet I hear that training sessions are quite short, be they physical or tactical. If so, does that mean the players are not given sufficient time to learn any new moves or to be match fit giving the notion that we are clueless on match days?

Do any supporters see the players training to answer my query?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Funny, I saw plenty of effort, most of it half-hearted. Something was/is amiss but I have no idea what.

I repeat that I found the tone of GM's interview on R Leeds quite strange, as if the players were no longer with him.

It was, as you all say, a most disappointing performance. One thing which I thought was pretty obvious was that the team do not seem to be able to number off correctly when the other team are playing the ball and so we find they have an overlap when they go to our weak side. This happens often - just you watch for it. Also, they play as individuals and not as a team. Have the days gone when a forward pack can run down the field as a pack inter passing amongst themselves?. We don't  even back up when someone makes a half decent run. There should be the option to pass to someone on either side of the ball carrier.

Archived