gossip on the street

jamescolin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the majority of people in Featherstone turned up it would be an help Be interested to know what the club budgeted for regarding the gate and what has been mis calculated if the club is actually in trouble

From the sounds of it cambell is really fixed on getting out yes he does put his hand in his pocket but the gym complex we built was heavily financed by re morgageing ie borrowing against assetts this means our obligation each month to the bank is heavy hence why the club has to work the clubhouse and facilities 7 days a week rugby alone just would not cut it 

i think after last seasons dissapointment in not getting in to the four we have to a certain expect gambelled on getting there this season and reaping the obvious rewards so if we dont make it it doesnt take a genius to deduce those tough decisions are going to be serious issues regarding cutting costs

Does this bank lending show on the Balance Sheet? I don't remember the item coming up as a matter for the shareholders to consider. How much was the lending and what is the rate of interest and monthly payment? I'm not saying you are wrong I just don't remember this ever cropping up as a liability before.

The easiest way to get an injection of cash would be by finishing in the top 4.  Yet everyone seems to be sulking and have given up on that. 

If we win our remaining 3 games it would need all other remaining results involving our rivals to go against us to prevent us finishing in the 4.  Personally I think at least one of those others results will go in our favour.  So why aren’t we giving it our best shot ?

I fully accept that on recent form it’s unlikely but this team is more than capable of winning all three providing the players are given a sufficient kick up the *rse or whatever it will take to get them playing again.   What about offering the players a massive cut of the top 4 prize money if they win all 3 games… I mean what's to lose ? – we ain’t gonna get any top 4 prize money if we coast through the remaining 3 games as we have been doing recently. 

The feeling seems to be that we won’t even be able to live with Batley on Sunday never mind give them a game or dare I say even win.  With the greatest respect to Batley how the **** did things get that ridiculous.

Seems that theres a lot at stake if we don’t make the top 4 but sadly we’re just letting that happen.

On Sunday there were signs of our half backs coming back to top form TOGETHER. Before the start of the season no-one would have expected Brambani and Southernwood to be outplaying Thackeray and Briggs on a regular basis, now its their time to put things right and show everyone they are the best.

On Sunday there were signs of our half backs coming back to top form TOGETHER. Before the start of the season no-one would have expected Brambani and Southernwood to be outplaying Thackeray and Briggs on a regular basis, now its their time to put things right and show everyone they are the best.

Thackeray always looks better against weak opponents, against sides better than us he has the odd good game but usually is only average.Like i have said before i really like Kyle but a stand off he ain't.One of those players decent in a few positions but just short in most.He always tries his best.

I can assure you that none of the many Batley supporters l have spoken to recently think that Sunday will be easy for us! Far from it. I, as usual, wouldn't expect anything more than a score either way.

RobLambert is right, you are far from out of the battle for top 4, and this season has proven time and time again that most teams are capable of beating any other team on their day.

When Fev threw the ball about in the Workington game it was a breath of fresh air but it wasn't consistent enough and the game dwindled out possibly through injuries to players and a whistle happy ref who was reluctant to let both sides play out their sets. However I do think we will fall short against a very resolute Batley side who have made their fans very proud this season. Yet we are talking about a Fev side that never fails to surprise.

i may be the only one one, but i was impressed by the way workington moved the ball at pace, they scored some good tries.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

We gifted em two tries, or should i say Foster gifted em two tries by not staying on his wing or not taking up his wing posistion and one of the others appeared to richichet off about 8 players

Soft yes, good no

In the third quarter Ormondroyd looked uncomfortable playing at centre in place of Misi and they were also down to 14 fit men after 3 brought off with minor knocks or strains as a precaution. A bit like France against Iceland after they were leading 5-1, although they brought men off to avoid second yellows. Nobody slated them when Iceland pulled a goal back before the end.

Is this us then?

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_22647-off-the-record-rugby-league-rumour-and-gossip-43.html

Payment issues
Which Championship club failed to pay its players two weeks ago? The cash was missing in the players accounts when they went to check on the Monday. The news was hardly greeted with delight by the playing group.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Leeds land Ormondroyd
Featherstone prop Jack Ormondroyd is on his way to Headingley in 2017. The big front-rower is 24 years old and has previously spent time playing in NSW. We understand the Rhinos will pay a fee to Fev for Ormondroyd, which is a welcome sight to the Championship side.

Hope it's a good fee

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Leeds land Ormondroyd

Featherstone prop Jack Ormondroyd is on his way to Headingley in 2017. The big front-rower is 24 years old and has previously spent time playing in NSW. We understand the Rhinos will pay a fee to Fev for Ormondroyd, which is a welcome sight to the Championship side.

Hope it's a good fee

Don't know how true it is but was told 25k although didn't we reject a big offer at start of season or was that another stupid rumour

Do you watch him every week?, how do you know if his form has dipped?. Please stick to facts not to other peoples comments.

Do you watch him every week?, how do you know if his form has dipped?. Please stick to facts not to other peoples comments.

You know it is possible to have friends connected to other clubs right? It has also been mentioned on this forum once or twice.

Anyway most damage he did against Fax was feigning injury to slow down drop outs in both matches we have played so far. :tongue:

He has flitted in and out of games, probably due to getting tapped up early in season, his imapct nowhere near as good as last season

I do and here is a blatant and truthful fact

If he was a form player he would be selected on that MoM thread every other week but has been rarely picked or earned any MoM points - if us speccies arent noticing him and he hasnt been coming at least in peoples top 3 that tells you the kind of season he has had im afraid

He has flitted in and out of games, probably due to getting tapped up early in season, his imapct nowhere near as good as last season

If he was a form player he would be selected on that MoM thread every other week but has been rarely picked or earned any MoM points - if us speccies arent noticing him and he hasnt been coming at least in peoples top 3 that tells you the kind of season he has had im afraid

He's been disappointing. His lack of form, and the injuries and disruptions in the half backs are the major reasons Fev are not sitting pretty in the top 4.

Campbell stated: “On the winding up petition, this was paid in full at the last minute which as a business isn’t good enough, and I could make every excuse in the book but it stops at me as I’m the chairman and the bloke it affects the most.”

Mr Campbell added: “I have some tough decisions to make over the next few weeks.”I wonder what the tough decisions are. If Mark wants the supporters to help if we can then tell us what the trouble is and we can then rally round him. Please don't give us a fait accompli Mark where the club is left in the mire when other avenues could be explored

Doesn't sound good

Read more: http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers/rovers-pay-in-full-after-receiving-winding-up-petition-1-7995215#ixzz4DR5pup1a

Campbell stated: “On the winding up petition, this was paid in full at the last minute which as a business isn’t good enough, and I could make every excuse in the book but it stops at me as I’m the chairman and the bloke it affects the most.”

Mr Campbell added: “I have some tough decisions to make over the next few weeks.”

I wonder what the tough decisions are. If Mark wants the supporters to help if we can then tell us what the trouble is and we can then rally round him. Please don't give us a fait accompli Mark where the club is left in the mire when other avenues could be explored

Doesn't sound good

Read more: http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers/rovers-pay-in-full-after-receiving-winding-up-petition-1-7995215#ixzz4DR5pup1a

Archived