gossip on the street

jamescolin

Yes there are rumours and also positive things to get some clearance on. What is the position regarding the winding up? Surely the club should give the supporters a clear statement of how the club stands. Ok we don't want the club to be discounting rumours every week. They don't have to. Just ONE clear statement of the position would be enough.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you not been following this? The club shouldn't communicate with the fans under any circumstances. They are far too busy with other stuff

surely the finances were dealt with at the AGM or should they call an EGM just to quash a rumor

Mark Campbell talks to the fans directly every home game through the match programme. As I have seen an advance copy, this Sunday will be no exception.

The idea that the people running & financing the club (or any other club or organistaion) have an obligation to respond to each and every rumour as it spontaneously appears on social media is absurd, imho.

A few Fev players been offered around clubs. Again though it may just be the time of year as we head towards contract time.

By their agents no doubt, which should say everything.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Mark Campbell talks to the fans directly every home game through the match programme. As I have seen an advance copy, this Sunday will be no exception.

The idea that the people running & financing the club (or any other club or organistaion) have an obligation to respond to each and every rumour as it spontaneously appears on social media is absurd, imho.

So it would be very simple for him to tell the fans and shareholders where we are in respect of the winding up petition which is not a rumour. He could also give us some idea of the clubs plans for the future. You have seen the programme. Do it enlighten us at all?

I wouldnt thought much about it but the only thing I found strange was that I thought a lot of Fev players were on at least 2 year contracts.

They are. Some for 2015/16, so will be ooc at the end of this year.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Bradford also face a winding up order pretty soon as well.

Youre always winding us up oxy .

Tut Tut Oxy following rumours is not like you. I always thought you started rumours not follow them.  

That winding up order has been all over bulls forum for a couple of days so hardly breaking news

No one said it were but in the context of everyone jumping to conclusions in this thread saying for certain it is Fev, well you never know it might not be........

Campbell stated: “On the winding up petition, this was paid in full at the last minute which as a business isn’t good enough, and I could make every excuse in the book but it stops at me as I’m the chairman and the bloke it affects the most.”

Mr Campbell added: “I have some tough decisions to make over the next few weeks.”

Doesn't sound good

Read more: http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers/rovers-pay-in-full-after-receiving-winding-up-petition-1-7995215#ixzz4DR5pup1a

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Campbell stated: “On the winding up petition, this was paid in full at the last minute which as a business isn’t good enough, and I could make every excuse in the book but it stops at me as I’m the chairman and the bloke it affects the most.”

Mr Campbell added: “I have some tough decisions to make over the next few weeks.”

Doesn't sound good

Read more: http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/featherstone-rovers/rovers-pay-in-full-after-receiving-winding-up-petition-1-7995215#ixzz4DR5pup1a

Jon Sharp said in his Radio Leeds interview after the game "I'm pleased for the team, there's been lots of things happening that's made it a really tough week for us". I might be wrong, but I also thought his interview with RoversTV after the game was to a degree a man clearly feeling he had to defend his record, making comparisons between results from before he came and results this season etc. It all seems very gloomy now. It's such a shame, because for a long time this season was largely positive.

'Tough decisions to be made'. If we are looking for outside investors they should be there by the bucketful. We own a great stadium and around 17 acres of land. Up to date news says that Sheffield have got some Aussie investors having a look. Perhaps they are having a glance at us as well. Either way with our assets and careful planning we should be OK. It sounds like the Chairman is wondering which way to jump. If he wants a second opinion .........

'Tough decisions to be made'. If we are looking for outside investors they should be there by the bucketful. We own a great stadium and around 17 acres of land. Up to date news says that Sheffield have got some Aussie investors having a look. Perhaps they are having a glance at us as well. Either way with our assets and careful planning we should be OK. It sounds like the Chairman is wondering which way to jump. If he wants a second opinion .........

Doubt if the Aussie backers are watching us and I really don't think a second opinion is required to be honest,whichever way you look at it we need an injection of cash

Im Fev and im proud

Doubt if the Aussie backers are watching us and I really don't think a second opinion is required to be honest,whichever way you look at it we need an injection of cash

Right Maureen Sheffield with a pop of 600.000+should be able to sustain a SL team.Are there enough top players about to keep them in the top 6 of SL if they get there.Would think Aussie investors would bring some over, surely a winning SL team would draw gates of 4.000+.I reckon two million or more would be needed to start in SL not including match takings.

Archived