Brexit - the negative thread

Its been mentioned. Tory supporters who claimed the manifesto should be implemented without question by the lords have gone quiet.

Indeed; I've been banging on about this point for some time now. We only need to look at that nice Mr Hunt to see how keen the Tories are to stick to all their manifesto promises.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birds Eye putting prices up by 12%.

No, not the kiddies fish fingers! Generic Value Fish Fingers from now on containing 5% fish.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Won't someone think of the children

Never mind the children, what about me!  The price of haddock has gone up.  We in Yorkshire abhor cod!  I'll have to abstain from fish and nerks!  And all because of Brexit.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

India have suggested that increased Visa numbers would help any trade deals.  How's that reduced immigration going?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

India have suggested that increased Visa numbers would help any trade deals.  How's that reduced immigration going?

Even worse than that, a few Brexiters (aka this lot: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/682465/Brexit-ten-retired-military-officers-call-vote-Leave-UK-EU-referendum)won't be too happy... Brexit has caused prices to go up in the Officers' Mess. :D

Even worse than that, a few Brexiters (aka this lot: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/682465/Brexit-ten-retired-military-officers-call-vote-Leave-UK-EU-referendum)won't be too happy... Brexit has caused prices to go up in the Officers' Mess. :D

Imagine the outrage if party ring and pink wafers go up in price!  I can see the emails already!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Toblerone to reduce size instead of increasing cost.

There seems to be a small issue that many of the best chefs for our "Indian" cuisine are from Bangladesh so wouldn't be affected by any trade deal with India.

We've done a fair bit of business with India over the years and one thing we left them with after our occupation was a labyrinthine and turgid bureaucracy. Good luck sorting out a deal quickly.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

There seems to be a small issue that many of the best chefs for our "Indian" cuisine are from Bangladesh so wouldn't be affected by any trade deal with India.

We've done a fair bit of business with India over the years and one thing we left them with after our occupation was a labyrinthine and turgid bureaucracy. Good luck sorting out a deal quickly.

14 years ago I was in India on a diving expedition. One thing I remember being said to us "you British invented bureaucracy, we perfected it"

I'm sure it wasn't original but you try getting lots of diving gear through interstate customs... many palms had to be greased.

Bloomberg seem to think that the Indians are not going to come dancing back to the bosom of Empire.

Ungrateful sods.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-08/india-pushes-u-k-to-figure-out-its-economic-future

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

So both India and Australia have linked trade deals with increased visas and movement of people.

Bloomberg seem to think that the Indians are not going to come dancing back to the bosom of Empire.

Ungrateful sods.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-08/india-pushes-u-k-to-figure-out-its-economic-future

This chap seems even less confident in May's ability to bring the colonials to heel:

http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/11/07/india-shows-the-ultimate-failure-of-the-brexit-project

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

So both India and Australia have linked trade deals with increased visas and movement of people.

There's a very good reason for that; the UKs predominant export trade is in services. To trade in services there needs to be a free exchange of people. "Experts" have been saying this since the beginning of the whole brexit debate and will almost certainly form a part of any future free trade deal to some extent or other.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

This chap seems even less confident in May's ability to bring the colonials to heel:

http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/11/07/india-shows-the-ultimate-failure-of-the-brexit-project

He's not the only one to point that out. A deal with the UK is far less attractive if it doesn't include free access to the EU markets as well. Why go to the trouble and expense of setting up a large UK base if you will also need to set up another in within the EU to access trade there?

He's not the only one to point that out. A deal with the UK is far less attractive if it doesn't include free access to the EU markets as well. Why go to the trouble and expense of setting up a large UK base if you will also need to set up another in within the EU to access trade there?

We will have more powerful kettles and smaller chocolate bars.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Now that practice has been going on for years; nothing to do with brexit or a fall in the value of the £ at all.

Aside from the fact that it's only applicable in the UK.

The rest of the EU is unaffected.

Aside from the fact that it's only applicable in the UK.

The rest of the EU is unaffected.

So what?

Does Toblerone sell in the rest of the EU?

What about Cadbury's chocolate eggs?  Do they sell in the rest of the EU?  It's just that they shrunk in size following the Kraft takeover.  If memory serves the £ was pretty strong back then.

So what?

What about Cadbury's chocolate eggs?  Do they sell in the rest of the EU?  It's just that they shrunk in size following the Kraft takeover.  If memory serves the £ was pretty strong back then.

You seem very angry.

Have some chocolate. Chill.

What about Cadbury's chocolate eggs? Do they sell in the rest of the EU?

Vegelate until we leave the EU, surely?

I imagine the number of Cadbury's eggs sold in the rest of the EU is very few.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

So what?

What about Cadbury's chocolate eggs? Do they sell in the rest of the EU? It's just that they shrunk in size following the Kraft takeover. If memory serves the £ was pretty strong back then.

Toblerone is rather popular Europe wide. Here is an article supporting your argument:

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58218004e4b09d57a9a9b09b

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived