NFL/American Football

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakland Raiders fans almost expect their team to move next season.

Will the stadium in Las Vegas be built by then?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Will the stadium in Las Vegas be built by then?

They may be able to share the Rebels' stadium. Not big, by American standards, but it would do until a new one is built.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Boyd_Stadium

I like sport and will watch the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. However the thing is dislike about (North) American professional sport is the ability to just move a team somewhere else.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

They may be able to share the Rebels' stadium. Not big, by American standards, but it would do until a new one is built.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Boyd_Stadium

I like sport and will watch the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. However the thing is dislike about (North) American professional sport is the ability to just move a team somewhere else.

Hadn't occurred to me they'd use that as it's so small but I guess for a year or two it'd be okay.

We seem to be in a new round of owners trying to get better deals from cities so I guess we'll be seeing some more moves.  In baseball, Texas are trying to get a $1bn stadium approved despite their current home being less than 20 years old.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 3 weeks later...

San Diego moving will be a sad day for the NFL but with the millions that NFL teams rake in and the millionaire owners they can afford  to build their own stadia instead of threatening to relocate if new ones aren't built for them with public money.

As well as the Chargers there is also the chance of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. I'm not sure whether having a Vegas based  team is going to be a good idea or not and what I have read about Goodell I think that he might not be too thrilled with the idea of having a team based in a city world famous for gambling.

At the defensive line there are the defensive tackles with a defensive end at each end of the line. The main job of the defensive ends is to get to the quarterback to sack him or mainly to force the QB to throw before he is ready. The defensive tackles main job is to stop the running backs from gaining yards. Behind the line are the linebackers who have to be able to be good at getting to the QB and running backs and being able to cover receivers. Cornerbacks are the ones who line up with the wide receivers. The free safety stands deep to cover long throws and help out the cornerbacks while the strong safety is more responsible for helping to stop running plays.

I would say that the main place to start strengthing is the defensive line as it is the line of scrimmage where games are won and lost.

MAny thanks

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

This is pure franchising. If a team isn't making a profit, they up and move it somewhere else that wants a Pro team. Vegas is a point, there is no Major League Team in Vegas, any football/baseball/hockey/basketball team would be a sure fire winner, alongside the slots.

Franchising as we know it in the RFL doesn't work because where else would we move a RL team to? Cumbria? Northumberland? Birmingham? Now we are back to what Murdoch wanted in 1995.

This is pure franchising. If a team isn't making a profit, they up and move it somewhere else that wants a Pro team. Vegas is a point, there is no Major League Team in Vegas, any football/baseball/hockey/basketball team would be a sure fire winner, alongside the slots.

Franchising as we know it in the RFL doesn't work because where else would we move a RL team to? Cumbria? Northumberland? Birmingham? Now we are back to what Murdoch wanted in 1995.

There's a list of potential new franchises that may happen in the future on the net. It reads like a "O Yeah" "didn't think of there" type of list of which Vegas was number one.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

There's a list of potential new franchises that may happen in the future on the net. It reads like a "O Yeah" "didn't think of there" type of list of which Vegas was number one.

Vegas is number 1, London is number 2. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see the Browns live but I also have a policy in my life to NEVER go to that place.

I would've agreed, but the RFL played the Challenge Cup final there for a few years, and as I lived I Uxbridge, I could barely resist, almost like watching Broncos at Brentford, shame they moved to Ealing after I moved away.

• 2 weeks later...

Very Good article in this link relevant to all sports not just the NFL

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/athletes_dont_owe_us_or_teams_any_discounts/s1_13132_22882159

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived