NFL/American Football

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go packers go.

It will be down do whoever has a fully fit quarterback

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Confirmed Chargers moving to L.A. Will play at L.A.Galaxy's stadium for next two years then share a new stadium with Rams.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Sadly something we will never hear again

San Diego Chargers song

Chris Berman who used to host ESPN's pre-game show used to hum this tune when the Bolts were doing well. real 70's sound

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

So who will win the Super Bowl? I'm going for New England. If there is one person who can come up with a game plan to stop Atlantas offence it is Belichick.

I think New England have more options - and more ability to go to a Plan B - than Atlanta has.  I'd be very surprised if it wasn't another Patriots victory.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Brady was already going to go down as a great but after that he will bow go down as one of the GOAT.

Atlanta lost the game when they challenged the Edelman catch at the end and lost their final timeout. Someone upstairs must have told Quinn to challenge even though it was a clear catch. If they still had that timeout they wouldn't have panicked at the end when they had possession. Instead they ended up turning it over and by the end the Falcons defence was gassed as they had been out on the field for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

With the Chargers and the Raiders moving, cities with NFL teams might be starting to refuse to be bullied into building new stadiums. If that's the case then they may be more relocations in the near future.

There's not really a long list of cities lining up to build new stadiums though.  Now that LA and Vegas are taken care of - and I really will need convincing that Vegas is a market worth pursuing - we're presumably at the stage where the next (semi) serious discussion will be Jacksonville to London.  Or maybe Toronto raises its head again.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It surprises me how many times this has happened and how the English can't adapt or support the moving of a club or franchise. Leeds Rhinos become Exeter Rhinos etc. However they do over the pond. I suppose it's the strength of the franchise too. Would Anchorage Cowboys be supported? Delaware Patriots?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Will be interesting to see how LA manages 3 teams the raiders, chargers, rams.

Would love to see a London team in the NFL. I love the sport and think it be a great move to expand American Football worldwide by having a London team.

NFL draft is on soon another 28 or so days.My team the Detroit Lions have pick 21 as their first pick.

What could they possibly call the London team? 

London ...?

57 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Will be interesting to see how LA manages 3 teams the raiders, chargers, rams.

And all of them playing second fiddle to UCLA and USC ...

Ginger i dont get it what are the guys running the NFL thinking?

Their next move better be a London team, would earn the sport more respect worldwide in non traditonal gridion lands becoming a bit more international.

Ginger want to have a crack at naming london team ? Im stumped for a nickname. 

Here in OZ American Football is getting more and more popular rightfully so but am disappointed NFL isnt planning on bringing us a game for a long time to come.

Archived