Sports Personality of the Year 2016

The "BBC" doesn't pick the list., it's a mixture of sports journalists, administrators and actual sportspeople.

Since 2010 RU and RL have had the same number of nominees - 1.

In all the years since it began RU has only had one winner - care to have a wild guess who?

Team of the year it is 11:2. over all the years. And for the single award 6:1 overall. 

Team of the year it is 11:2. over all the years. And for the single award 6:1 overall.

Who are the six RU winners of the single Award (whatever that is)??

Whilst Itoje is a decent player he is hardly up there with Murray, Farah or Hamiton( two of whom I can t stand).

Martin Ziegler said in The Times that Itoje wasn't t nominated because the BBC doesn't like 'rugby'!

That s not what most people on here believes!

The best thing about the SPotY awards is the outraged response from the golfists when they don't win every single trophy. Always fun to read the comments the day after. :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best thing about the SPotY awards is the outraged response from the golfists when they don't win every single trophy. Always fun to read the comments the day after. :D

They are also currently getting slightly frothy mouthed on a Ducati owners forum I frequent over the lack of recognition for any motorbike riders.

Who are the six RU winners of the single Award (whatever that is)??

Whilst Itoje is a decent player he is hardly up there with Murray, Farah or Hamiton( two of whom I can t stand).

Martin Ziegler said in The Times that Itoje wasn't t nominated because the BBC doesn't like 'rugby'!

That s not what most people on here believes!

6 RU nominees for the SPOTYA. rather than the 11 RU nominees for the SPTOTYA

"That's not what most people on here believes"!....... Most people on here know.

They are also currently getting slightly frothy mouthed on a Ducati owners forum I frequent over the lack of recognition for any motorbike riders.

Does Guy Martin qualify?  I like him, really down to earth.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

He counts and having met him I can confirm he has a personality as well, the TV persona is the real Guy Martin

However he hasn't won much this year

Doesn't he maintain that his actual occupation is lorry mechanic? Top bloke, he reminds me of a Fred Dibnah for the modern generation.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Doesn't he maintain that his actual occupation is lorry mechanic? Top bloke, he reminds me of a Fred Dibnah for the modern generation.

I think the majority of TT racers are part-timers in some sense or another these days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

They wont be happy at twickers, but I'm sure the BBC will make up for it in the next year with lots of puff pieces about union.

England RU for team of the year surely! After the embarrassment of letting an interloper singlehandedly ruin their home world cup, bouncing back to win all games in a calendar year without playing the best team in the World once must go down as a major achievement.

England RU for team of the year surely! After the embarrassment of letting an interloper singlehandedly ruin their home world cup, bouncing back to win all games in a calendar year without playing the best team in the World once must go down as a major achievement

Leicester City nailed on for that one

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived