2017 New year

As I have had a **** 2016, what with relatives dying and work drying up, and finally my partner telling me I am sleeping in the spare room once her mother goes back to London in January, on Christmas Eve, and not even being able to touch her since March, How has you 2016 been? Is 2017 going to be better or worse than 2016?

Oh Woe & Misery is me, someone will come on here and tell me they are dying.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I got called a four eyed ginger puff this morning.... puff.... cos i went to a grammar school and not the local comp ffs!!!... by a 56 yr old bloke!!!

I went to remonstrate and he fkd off lively.....

2016 and we're still hearing such bilge...

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I got called a four eyed ginger puff this morning.... puff.... cos i went to a grammar school and not the local comp ffs!!!... by a 56 yr old bloke!!!

I went to remonstrate and he fkd off lively.....

2016 and we're still hearing such bilge...

56? Some people obviously get older without managing to do any growing up!

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Well, I can't really complain about my 2016...

37A3B15000000578-0-image-m-21_1472416019

And seeing is 2017 is....

Hull-to-be-UK%E2%80%99s-City-of-Culture-

I should be happy with plenty to look forward to!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As we're very much a multi-national forum these days:

Voorspoedige Nuwejaar, عام سعيد, Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Bonne Année, Καλή Χρονιά, שנה טובה, Felice Anno Nuovo, Ath Bhliain Faoi Mhaise, Selamat Tahun Baru, नया साल मुबारक हो, नवीन वर्षाच्या शुभेच्छा, Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku, Bliadhna Mhath Ur, Срећна Нова година, Feliz Año Nuevo, Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

And, of course, Happy New Year, even to those weird folk from Wigan and those who voted Brexit. :P

2016 has been a trying and tough year but I'm following the old tradition of treating the new year as a new start with the old troubles left behind, no point moping about bad things I can't change now.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

As I have had a **** 2016, what with relatives dying and work drying up, and finally my partner telling me I am sleeping in the spare room once her mother goes back to London in January, on Christmas Eve, and not even being able to touch her since March, How has you 2016 been? Is 2017 going to be better or worse than 2016?

Oh Woe & Misery is me, someone will come on here and tell me they are dying.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Close but not quite.

Had a poor end to 2016 myself.

A few family related medial things over Christmas (pre-edit version of this post mentioned specifics but I decided to remove them)

So a pretty rubbish end to the year.

Oh and they had us in at work today, we don't normally work Sat but had to do it.

Anyway happy new year.

As we're very much a multi-national forum these days:

Voorspoedige Nuwejaar, عام سعيد, Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Bonne Année, Καλή Χρονιά, שנה טובה, Felice Anno Nuovo, Ath Bhliain Faoi Mhaise, Selamat Tahun Baru, नया साल मुबारक हो, नवीन वर्षाच्या शुभेच्छा, Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku, Bliadhna Mhath Ur, Срећна Нова година, Feliz Año Nuevo, Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

And, of course, Happy New Year, even to those weird folk from Wigan. :P

No Inuit's on the forum then?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2016 has been an eventful year. The biggest plus point being the birth of my daughter and fortunately any negatives were minor first world problems.

Pokitically, I've always thought things were gradually getting better in society but this year was the first time I've ever really considered that they could go backwards.

Here's hoping 2017 sees a return to some form of normality.

A bad year for me, so I am hoping for a brighter 2017. And the best of all possible years to you mangy rabble, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2016 has been an eventful year. The biggest plus point being the birth of my daughter and fortunately any negatives were minor first world problems.

Pokitically, I've always thought things were gradually getting better in society but this year was the first time I've ever really considered that they could go backwards.

Here's hoping 2017 sees a return to some form of normality.

Politically? It's still 2016 & I'm still spell correcting FFS

Well, I can't really complain about my 2016...

37A3B15000000578-0-image-m-21_1472416019

And seeing is 2017 is....

Hull-to-be-UK%E2%80%99s-City-of-Culture-

I should be happy with plenty to look forward to!

2016 was brilliant. 

Really looking forward to 2017 City of Culture getting underway tonight when this lot goes off in the Humber.

In with a bang

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2016 was brilliant. 

Really looking forward to 2017 City of Culture getting underway tonight when this lot goes off in the Humber.

In with a bang

Did you get tickets mate?

We're off over the water to hopefully watch it at the Water's Edge Visitor's Centre near Barton.

Did you get tickets mate?

We're off over the water to hopefully watch it at the Water's Edge Visitor's Centre near Barton.

We failed dismally to get tickets but Dukey's better half had a couple going spare.

I reckon you'l get a fantastic view from the South Bank and it will probably be a lot less crowded.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Oh, and specially for Craig, Ευχαριστώ.

You gotta love Google translate. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I reckon you'l get a fantastic view from the South Bank and it will probably be a lot less crowded.

No we didn't and no it wasn't.  :(

No we didn't and no it wasn't.  :(

If it makes you feel any better, Dukey turned up at the pub just as the barman was handing me my change. He was gutted.

We watched the Made In Hull sound and vision installation in Queen Victoria Square before the fireworks. It's on all week at various locations in the city centre and the way they used the buildings made it a real spectacle. Well worth a look if you get the chance.

Archived