TV for cup tie

clifford

I loved every minute of it. It was a fantastic atmosphere. Great to hear the singing rattling the rafters.

The guy from the BBC came to me at the end and said he'd had a great day with us, and the outside p.a guy who was doing all the music today enjoyed himself too.

Top day all round.

Glad of the win.Haydock for their part- loud and proud fans(language questionable at times).The team for their part never stopped working and trying for each other. A minutes silence or applaud for Tony Barrow was missing, this I found deeply disappointing and disrespectful.

The club said some time ago that minute silences for people who passed would be remembered at the last game of the season.

Today was a great game played (mostly) in the right spirit. May I just say our stewards were a disgrace today, the language from a section of Haydocks fans and a pretty offensive chant of " your a town full of peodos" was ignored by the stewards, flags were hung off the football goalposts and even though a Steward said to one lad putting it up "you cant do that" he said F*** off and continued to hang the flag up no action was taken. Oldham fans are told ad nauseum about behaviour but today I witnessed far worse from that section of away fans and nothing was done, Oldham fans have been threatened with bans for far less!!

Anyway we won, that's about all that is positive about today.

I thought Gee and Ward settled the ship after a rocky start.  Tyson was a constant handful.  I enjoyed watching it from afar.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

The club said some time ago that minute silences for people who passed would be remembered at the last game of the season.

Today was a great game played (mostly) in the right spirit. May I just say our stewards were a disgrace today, the language from a section of Haydocks fans and a pretty offensive chant of " your a town full of peodos" was ignored by the stewards, flags were hung off the football goalposts and even though a Steward said to one lad putting it up "you cant do that" he said F*** off and continued to hang the flag up no action was taken. Oldham fans are told ad nauseum about behaviour but today I witnessed far worse from that section of away fans and nothing was done, Oldham fans have been threatened with bans for far less!!

Anyway we won, that's about all that is positive about today.

Rugby league is a family apart kept being said but no action was taken. What's the point in having stewards?

7 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I've just found it on YouTube, I would assume that you could watch from anywhere. I just typed in "Oldham v Haydock".

Good tip mate - just watched it.

Excellent performance from Oldham, especially after going behind so early on a pudding of a pitch.

So...To try and validate my point about how livestreaming games could be a benefit...

Dave woods just tweeted that 23,000 watched our game v haydock...That's double than watch us all season!

Also the figures for the siddal game v Toronto have been revised upwards from 40k to 90k !

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Stats

Lepori-4 tackles. 2 clean breaks. 12 tackle busts. 18 carries=191m

Clay-2 tackles. 2 clean breaks. 6 tackle busts. 14 carries=98m

Grimshaw-11 tackles. one offload. one clean break. 3 tackle busts. 12 carries=97m

Gill-19 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 3 tackle busts. 9 carries=92m

Chisholm-5 tackles. one clean break. 7 tackle busts. 7 carries=93m

Leatherbarrow-14 tackles. 4 misses. 3 try assists. 1 carry=5m

Hewitt-6 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 2 try assists. 1 carry-0m

Davies-10 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=64m

Owen-15 tackles. one miss. 2 carries=11m

Neal-17 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. 12 carries=87m

Tyson-17 tackles. one miss. 2 clean breaks. 6 tackle busts. 12 carries=100m

Langtree-14 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 6 tackle busts. 12 carries=63m

Spencer-25 tackles. one offload. 14 carries=92m

Hughes-16 tackles. one tackle bust. one try assist. 2 carries=14m

Ward-11 tackles. one miss. one try assist. one tackle bust. one clean break. 10 carries=78m

Gee-5 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 4 carries=23m

Burke-9 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 4 carries=22m

Would like to see our half backs run at the line a bit more to be creative and put some doubt in the defence's mind. If you look at brooksy's stats:

Leatherbarrow 1 carry - 5 metres

Hewitt 1 carry - 0 metres

Need  to see a bit more from them in my opinion. Accept they have try assists as well, but let's see them run the ball as well. Perhaps not the right day or weather for them to run the ball, but think it has been somewhere that they can improve on from previous games as well.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

Archived