Welsh Premiership RL

10 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

There are rumours that in 2019 this league (at least part of it) will join 2/3 clubs from West of England for a full season competition.

i imagine 8 teams, 21 rounds kind of structure before a semi and a grand final. 

If they can create another similar league in the midlands/east/London then that would be really good for development 

Well living in Pontypridd i have a team! I think the outlaws will have a tough time but half decent stadium to play from (has 4g pitch) so will get to a few games 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Yes,well done,I too would much rather see solid foundations at a regional,amateur level,than try to be semi pro,travelling the country,to play infront of a few hundred people.

The successful RU pyramid structure,is mainly based on successful,regional/local clubs,playing infront of a hundred people,with good facilities and solid club foundations.There are just 12 Clubs playing in the Premiership,even Championship Clubs are having major difficulties - see other thread - but there are hundreds of other Clubs playing at tier 4/5/6 etc.Its these people who attend internationals/feature occassions.

On 25/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, DoubleD said:

I believe this is called organic growth, that some people think is a myth.

No I think it's called "Playing Rugby League". People are allowed to do that you know? Or do you know? 

Before 1996 people were pressurised NOT to do that so today they are more freely allowed to choose to play Rugby League and many Rugby people will have a go at playing both. The removal of this sporting apartheid allows Wales to freely play the game not that they haven't at times manfully resisted the apartheid.

What people "Playing Rugby League" doesn't mean is that as they play it in any certain area more will get interested, the game will start to take off so much so that investors will come on board and the failed professional projects of Pre-WWI, Pontyprydd, Cardiff City and Celtic Crusaders will become a thing of the past and West Wales will join the Superleague.

"Organic growth" is a principle of business where you expand a commercial business through more staff and customers that then grows it further, and further again. If you care to look (for once, please look it all up) playing RL is NOT a business, being subsidised to play in CC1 like Scorpions isn't a business either. It's just sport and your being really naive and unfair to want to project such as Rhonda Outlaws ("Training numbers for Rhondda Outlaws have been low, I thinking about 6/7 bodies") into a future Superleague club.

The first Challenge for you is to find me somewhere where real "Organic Growth" (not subsidy) has actually worked in terms of expanding the footprint of professional Rugby league. The second challenge for you is to get real and stop fantasising because I think it is really unfair every time some people try to get RL going that people like you then pile the burden of going professional on them.

For a simple example look up Hemel Hempstead's story.

Why don't we let all the Welsh amateur clubs into the professional set up now, and Manchester Rangers - they must be ready - they beat Wigan St. Judes reserves last week. Lower Peover too - I'm sure they would be a great addition. Then we can tell the rest of the world how fast Rugby League is growing while at least 10 amateur clubs fold every season. I support a non heartlands club and have visited all the Welsh amateur sides but lets keep it real. Too many people who haven't been anywhere or done anything in the game making stupid comments. Ive got nothing against Manchester Rangers by the way. I think they are doing a wonderful job and hope they achieve all of their aims but I am being slowly driven away from the game I love be fantasists.

31 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Why don't we let all the Welsh amateur clubs into the professional set up now, and Manchester Rangers - they must be ready - they beat Wigan St. Judes reserves last week. Lower Peover too - I'm sure they would be a great addition. Then we can tell the rest of the world how fast Rugby League is growing while at least 10 amateur clubs fold every season. I support a non heartlands club and have visited all the Welsh amateur sides but lets keep it real. Too many people who haven't been anywhere or done anything in the game making stupid comments. Ive got nothing against Manchester Rangers by the way. I think they are doing a wonderful job and hope they achieve all of their aims but I am being slowly driven away from the game I love be fantasists.

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the 'fantasists' on this thread, who are saying Welsh clubs should go professional?

Archived